GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much everything is explained if you assume the events take place in his flat.

I think it's very wrong for the media to be naming people like this. Obviously once a name is out there nothing can really be done about it. I suppose this is the age we live in.

I agree, and posted similar thoughts and call for restrain regarding post content before your 'outburst' (which I don't think it was, but like the others I admire your capacity for apology).

This is an open forum. People can read posts without being a member. It has been obvious that some with a professional interest (e.g. journalists) have been following the threads. With a second person now arrest upon suspicion of murder, the media frenzy has started again.

In the UK, the ethos of the justice system is 'innocent until proven guilty', which means a trial and guilty verdict from the jury (unless the defendant pleads guilty from the start). An arrest is not a conviction, and is a long way from such.

I am not defending this person. I have not seen the evidence the police have. He may be innocent, he may not.

I am requesting that people think carefully about what they post to avoid libel and more importantly, to avoid prejudicing a trial (or worse contributing towards a mistrial). If I were a defence lawyer, I'd be all over this site looking at the posts.

Like I said last night, when this is over we'll move onto the next case. We won't be thinking about all the posts naming GR as the killer. Those patently untrue posts will follow him around for a lot longer.

I wonder if the LE got anywhere with the footage of 2 people following JY home. Eventually they might have caught up with her just outside her flat and she might have recognised them. jmo

I see that no.44 has a chimney - I wonder if any of the flats have an open fire (logs/coal, etc.)?

I have researched some information that needs further questions:

first i typed GF name of VT into Google Real-Time search
tanja morson - Google Search

a twitter user: johnnydav29‎ @Uni_Start are u related to tanja morson from Canynge Road?
Twitter - 8 hours ago

looking at the Uni_Start name: Gunter Morson from Cambridge

his last two twitter posts:

My source is an idiot and wrong!!!
3:04 PM Jan 1st via web

I am 100% certain that Chris Jefferies, under suspicion for the murder of Jo Yeates, will be charged with murder within the next 12 hours.
10:09 AM Dec 31st, 2010 via web

I then find out that Geoffrey Morson [the father of T] lives in Cambridge
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ect-s-pals-stunned-by-arrest-115875-22864361/

so the question is Gunter Morson related [son of Geoffrey?] and sister to T. Why else would someone living in Cambridge have a source of event happening in Bristol?

Did TM [his sister] communicate to her brother hoping that the landlord would be charged with the murder, and therefore VT would be absolved ?

since then Gunter Morson hasn't tweeted

Are the police intelligent enough to do this research?

Not in her flat. But what about in his?
I understood the 'no signs of a struggle' to mean no signs on her body to show a resistance to force but that was just my interpretation of the words, I never thought they were referring to the state of the flat - thanks for that. Thinking now as lis b suggested above that it could have been 'attempted rape'.

Of course they're intelligent. It's more likely that they're looking at more solid leads or waiting for forensic results. The internet may be the domain of the police technie guys rather than the detectives themselves.

Plus, I don't think the police would reveal in a statement that they have people whose sole job it is to monitor internet activity. You can bet they are though.

so the question is Gunter Morson related [son of Geoffrey?] and sister to T. Why else would someone living in Cambridge have a source of event happening in Bristol?
GM was a Facebook friend of VT but I think he has recently removed himself.

Thank you :).

Someone suggested that the GF of NUA is American. Both NUA and GF appear on this "Trinations Vs Uk 10k run" results page. NUA is listed as Team - Holland. GF is listed as Team - USA.
http://www.racetimingsystems.com/public/results.aspx?raceid=1157

The race was on June 13 last year. Looks like a charity event.

http://www.thefixevents.com/content/fate-take-gold-at-the-tri-nations-v-uk-10k-run/

Actually from the above page NUA and GF might be in this picture, just right of centre. GF (if indeed it is) is wearing a "westbury harriers" vest. Someone of the same name is listed on various race results as a member of that club.

http://www.thefixevents.com/content...am-looking-fresh-before-the-race-low-res1.jpg
Yes, TM is there, with #475 (as seen in the list). VT is very probably the man behind her, with a yellow T-shirt.

Agreed. This was my leading theory earlier on in the case and it still is. It explains:
- no sign of forced entry
- coat/boots/personal items left in her flat
- pizza missing
- easy removal of body (out back entrance)

Neighbour: "Where's Greg? Oh, he's away? So is my GF. Hey, it's Friday night...let's have a quick drink of this nice wine I got as a Christmas gift from a client today."
JY: Well, just a quick one. Let me at least bring something. I was just about to pop this pizza in the oven. I'll bring that."

(Dialogue completely from my imagination!)

To add to the scenario.... They share a drink, he makes a pass and is rejected. Emotions are high and he begins to worry that JY will tell GR about this, and it will get back to his GF. They've both been drinking and not thinking completely rationally. His motive then is to silence her so as to preserve his relationship with his GF. Therefore no sexual motive.

From The Sun's new update

Jo's Dutch neighbor is nicked

It is understood [Vincent] Tabak was held at 2am on suspicion of strangling Jo.

He is thought to have been arrested at an address in Bristol's Aberdeen Road, a mile away from his home in Canynge Road.
---
There is no suggestion Emily [Williams] has any involvement in the case.

DNA CLUES ON HER SKIN
---
Samples were found on the 25-year-old's breasts, midriff and jeans.

It was already known that police had obtained DNA from her body - but it was not known how many traces or where they were found. All three are thought to have been from the killer's saliva, but have yielded only partial results.

Sources said that they should be enough to rule out suspects over her murder - but probably not enough to conclusively prove the guilt of anyone.
---
One source confirmed: "The fact that DNA samples have been found on her bare body could well mean whoever murdered Jo tried to sexually assault her beforehand."

Jo is thought to have been strangled with one of her own long woollen ski socks, which is still missing.
the rest, well worth a glance, at link above

according to the Star, she's believed to be visiting friends in the Netherlands.....maybe that has something to do with the police earlier saying they were getting international assistance or something?
That assistance may be provided by the Dutch police, actually. They may have arrested TM.

From what I collect: she was born in London, 'of Dutch heritage' (The Telegraph), her father is American, she is American too.

CJ's supposedly vague tale of 3 people milling around the communal entrance at 9ish could well be JY arriving home at the same time as the couple we have heard of today - she might have popped across the front lawn to collect her post from the communal hallway and chatted with them briefly - then they invited her to join them for the evening....she goes home briefly to drop things off.....door on the latch
maybe?
jmo
I think it is hard to say so far if she went to her neighbours' flat, but CJ may have seen JY with VT and TM, yes, or maybe TM was already gone and it was another man, or there were only two people. It was sometimes reported that CJ had seen 'two to three people' (it should be: 'two or three people' because there is nothing between two and three), but most of his friends said it was three, I believe.

I think that CJ was wrong not to speak to the press. He feared distortion, but it was worse to let the press repeat what his friends said he had told them. When he was filmed, everyone could hear his exact words and there was no distortion; he should have taken this opportunity to say exactly what he wanted to say.

From The Sun's new update

Jo's Dutch neighbor is nicked

the rest, well worth a glance, at link above
Where they found the DNA proves a sexual motive, for sure (I guess they already knew it did not belong to GR, otherwise there would not have been anything wrong with finding a male DNA there).

But alas it is only partial DNA.

From the Sun: 'Sources said that they should be enough to rule out suspects over her murder - but probably not enough to conclusively prove the guilt of anyone.'

I could even say: certainly not enough. Someone mentioned that it could turn into something like the Meredith Kercher case. I hope not. They must find more evidence.

Just a reminder guys please refer to the 32yr old man by these initials 'NUA' (Neighbour Under Arrest) until the LE officially confirm this is the man they have in custody or is charged/released.

Please also be careful of any images you may post of any person not related to this investigation may be removed by the site moderators fo legal & privacy reasons.

Many thanks & keep up the Excellent Sleuthing.

LE - Law Enforcement/Police
LL - LandLord (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder)
JY - Joanna Yeates (Murder Victim/Strangled)
GR - Greg Reardon (JY's boyfriend)
FR - Francis Reardon (GR's Half Brother from Sheffield)
LP, Lorp - Lawrence Penney (tennant from next door)
PS - Peter Stanley, (Landlord of LP/Lorp)
CJ - Chris Jeffries aka LL (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder)
RS - Rebecca Scott (Joanna's Bestfriend / Last phone call)
CAG - Casual Acquaintance Guy (Final Text / Friend of JY's Brother / No id)
MW - Matthew Wood aka CAG
DY - David Yeates (JY's Father)
TY - Theresa Yeates (JY's Mother)
CY - Chris Yeates (JY's Brother)
NUA - Neighbour Under Arrest (32yr old Neighbour Of JY Currently Under Arrest For Suspician Of Murdering JY)
Bernard - Joanna's Cat

The police would like a confession but will they get one?

If, as seems likely, the answer is negative they will just keep building a stronger and stronger case.

After reading about the subject of this second arrest I am asking and even bigger why was she killed?
This case has defied logic from the outset.

I have read Nausicaa's brilliant scenario again, and I think she is very close to the truth, except maybe for the bleach, the mysterious clue, that could also be a large bag taken from the entrance hall. She does not say much about the motive of the attack, also, but now we know a little more about this.

At any rate, this is a must read:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #6

*bows*

This is my first post on this forum. I want to say that I agree with Marc D about Nausicaa's brilliant scenario and the changes that could be made.

Also I have started wondering whether CJ has lied about seeing the two or three people in the communal area at 9pm with the intention of pointing to VT.

Neighbours said that Mr Tabak had not been at his flat since Miss Yeates's murder.

Others said they had seen him collecting belongings from the property in Canygne Road this week

Mr Tabak's British girlfriend, Tanja Morson was helping police with their inquiries.

Emily Williams, 31, a friend of Mr Tabak's, is registered as living at the block of flats (Aberdeen Road) but she has been in Chile. Her father, Michael, seemed perplexed about the police activity at the building. "She's lived in Bristol for about seven years," he said. "She doesn't have a boyfriend and I don’t know why he [Mr Tabak] would have been at her place.”

Mr Tabak was believed to have gone back to his home town of Eindhoven over Christmas and has only recently returned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-door-arrested-over-Joanna-Yeates-murder.html

Forensic experts also began a fresh search of a nearby flat which is home to one of Tabak’s friends.

Doesn't specify as to whether the 'friend's nearby flat' refers to Canynge or Aberdeen road

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lice-hold-architect--32-start-new-search.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23