IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And assuming she was heading to her home, how long could she have walked before getting on camera?

Exactly...if there was a camera at the end of the block she was on, that would mean she didn't even make it that block?? I have no idea, was the next camera she would have encountered her apartment building?

And assuming she was heading to her home, how long could she have walked before getting on camera?

2 blocks? Since the cameras on College St. don't catch the sidewalk between 10th & 11th, and there are none that we know of between 9th & 10th.

Exactly...if there was a camera at the end of the block she was on, that would mean she didn't even make it that block?? I have no idea, was the next camera she would have encountered her apartment building?

Posters in the area should be able to answer that question. If she is not on camera after leaving JR's apartment, and with JR's claiming he saw which way she went, how long could she walk before encountering a camera, if she was heading to her home?

1 block? Since the cameras on College St. don't catch the sidewalk.

On the last block that she was supposedly on, the one right after JR could no longer see her, and the block right before her apartment...what is on that block? Just college housing?

Locals...are there traffic cameras at the intersections of 11th, 10th, 9th and College?

2 blocks? Since the cameras on College St. don't catch the sidewalk between 10th & 11th, and there are none that we know of between 9th & 10th.

Actually, if she left 5 North Apartments, and walked to College, then South on College all the way back to Smallwood, the first camera that would catch her is Smallwood.

Thats
1 block to College.
1 block to 10th & College.
1 block to 9th & College.

3 blocks.

Locals...are there traffic cameras at the intersections of 11th, 10th, 9th and College?

There were not any then. They've been putting up new poles, traffic lights, etc. in the last few weeks. The've just come online in the last week or so. Don't think there are any cameras on it. I'll have to review my pics to be sure if there are any now or not.

On the last block that she was supposedly on, the one right after JR could no longer see her, and the block right before her apartment...what is on that block? Just college housing?

I wonder where those railroad tracks are in reference to this,the ones below the Hill area

FYI: I edited my above answer to say 2 blocks.

JR last reported seeing her rounding the corner from 11th onto College. So she would need to walk down College to 10th, keep going straight down College to 9th, cross the street and Smallwood is right there.

Along college there appears to be some student housing (converted houses), businesses, and larger student housing complexes.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why they would have so many cameras on the buildings in the alleys and other areas, but none out to College St. which seems to be one of the main streets. Odd.

In previous posts, I put pictures of the alley that runs from 9th St. to 11th Street, between Morton St., and College Ave.

A post of pictures of the 10th & College Ave. area.

Pictures of some of the alley cameras

Pictures of the area between 10th and 11th street between Morton St, and College Ave. fucused on looking for a handrail, since thats where her keys were reported to have been found.

An unprofessional, hacked together attempt at a "map", for a visual aid.

Ealier today, pictures of Morton St., and the alley between Morton & College Ave.

And Pictures of 11th Street.

I have a few more pictures now.

Starting to move South on the west side of College Ave. 11th St. is just behind me. So, the corner of 11th & College on the West side of the street.
The pics bounce back and forth between the East side of the street, student rental houses, and the West side of the street.

There is a blue house on the North West corner of 11th & College. Its a student rental apartment. Just next to it, (South), is another student rental house. After that is a Dr. Office.
img00187201106141729.jpg

Standing beside the blue house on the West side of College Ave. Looking directly South toward 10th & College from the corner of 11th & College Ave.
28lwf2p.jpg

I tried to get pics of both sides of College. The East side is mostly houses that students rent. No obvious video cameras.
East side of College, between 11th & 10th.
2z4eruw.jpg

East side of College, further South between 11th & 10th.
119qmnn.jpg

Looking South on College. 10th & College Apartments in view.
img00204201106141735.jpg

Looking right, (West), between the Dr. Office, and the last house on the block.
img00207201106141735.jpg

Continuing South beside 10th & College Apartments. Almost to 10th & College.
[
img00209201106141736.jpg

Across the street, East side of College. Last house.
img00210201106141736.jpg

10th & College Apartments. View from across the Street looking Southwest.
img00225201106141742.jpg

Salzman's Law Office, East side of College. Corner of College & 10th. Across from 10th & College Apartments. His cameras point at his parking lot. I don't think they get the sidewalk or the road. Lawyers are careful like that.
d3BcE0z.jpg

img00212201106141737.jpg

Waffle House, East side of College Ave. across the street from Salzmans office. Diagnal across the street from 10th & College Apartments. On 10th & College.
img00213201106141737.jpg

More Waffle House, and the new apartments under construction. The traffic lane closest to the apartments was closed. Now its open.
img00227201106141743.jpg

West side of College. Looking South toward Smallwood. The 10th & College intersection is behind me.
img00228201106141744.jpg

Still at the intersection of 10th & College. Looking right, (West).
img00229201106141744.jpg

A little farther South on the West side of College. Looking down a small alley between College and Morton. 1/2 block before Smallwood.
img00234201106141745.jpg

Looking South on College, almost to Smallwood.
img00236201106141746.jpg

The apartments under construction on the East side of College. The traffic lane in front of it was closed. Its open now. Smallwood is diagnal across the street from this building.
img00237201106141746.jpg

West side of College. Last lot before Smallwood.
img00238201106141746.jpg

At 9th & College on the West side, facing South. Looking at Smallwood. You can see the next search party gathering.
img00239201106141747.jpg

Where are you Lauren?

Actually, if she left 5 North Apartments, and walked to College, then South on College all the way back to Smallwood, the first camera that would catch her is Smallwood.

Thats
1 block to College.
1 block to 10th & College.
1 block to 9th & College.

3 blocks.

But JR alleges seeing her rounding the corner from 11th to College, that's what I was going from.

FYI: I edited my above answer to say 2 blocks.

JR last reported seeing her rounding the corner from 11th onto College. So she would need to walk down College to 10th, keep going straight down College to 9th, cross the street and Smallwood is right there.

Along college there appears to be some student housing (converted houses), businesses, and larger student housing complexes.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why they would have so many cameras on the buildings in the alleys and other areas, but none out to College St. which seems to be one of the main streets. Odd.

Thanks...so she really had quite a distance to walk home. I live in a fairly small town, and three blocks would seem far, but I'm sure in Bloomington even further?

I sense a problem regarding LS allegedly having left her shoes and her cell phone at Kilroy's and her small purse and her apartment key in the alley.

Shoes:
  • Kilroy's sports a huge dance floor.
  • Dancing is the most-likely explanation why LS removed her shoes.
  • There is no known explanation why LS did not replace her shoes to her feet upon leaving Kilroy's.
  • If you are not wearing shoes, you know you are not wearing shoes. It is not like leaving behind a small cheap brooch.
  • Was that common behavior exhibited by LS / at Kilroy's / anywhere?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her shoes when she left Kilroy's?
Cell Phone:
  • How did LS carry her cell phone that evening?
  • It is possible but not likely LS was carrying the cell phone freely, in-hand.
  • Was is it in the small purse, in a pocket, someone else carried it for her?
  • Why was it not in the purse / on LS' person when she left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping to cell tower(s) before and during while LS was at Kilroy's?
  • Did LS or anyone else use LS' phone that evening / while at Kilroy's / after LS left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping change after LS left Kilroy's?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her cell phone when she left Kilroy's?
  • Why was LS allegedly unaware of the location of her cell phone after she arrived to the apartment(s) after having left Kilroy's?
Purse / Key(s)
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she arrived to Kilroy's?
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she left Kilroy's?
  • Was someone carrying LS purse for her when she left Kilroy's?
  • When LS left the last friend's apartment to return to her own apartment did she have her purse / key(s)?
  • When did LS lose track of her purse / key(s)?

Great Pics Btown! Wow! Well, she certainly had a distance to travel. I went to a "party" college, and people walked all the time in the dark, mostly all streets were filled with campus owned housing or landlord housing with all students that attended college - that was scary enough to see people traveling alone. I understand walking from a bar to your apartment if just down the road, heavy populated area, I'm not sure at 4 something in the morning, but to think she was set out to walk these 3 blocks home alone...no way...I wonder if she made a habit of that b'c I can't imagine wanting to do that - drunk or not.

Btown...just to clarify. Was the sidewalk along College closed at any time? Could she have stayed on the same side of the street and gotten thru or would have she needed to cross the street or go around barricades?

I sense a problem regarding LS allegedly having left her shoes and her cell phone at Kilroy's and her small purse and her apartment key in the alley.

Shoes:
  • Kilroy's sports a huge dance floor.
  • Dancing is the most-likely explanation why LS removed her shoes.
  • There is no known explanation why LS did not replace her shoes to her feet upon leaving Kilroy's.
  • If you are not wearing shoes, you know you are not wearing shoes. It is not like leaving behind a small cheap brooch.
  • Was that common behavior exhibited by LS / at Kilroy's / anywhere?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her shoes when she left Kilroy's?
Cell Phone:
  • How did LS carry her cell phone that evening?
  • It is possible but not likely LS was carrying the cell phone freely, in-hand.
  • Was is it in the small purse, in a pocket, someone else carried it for her?
  • Why was it not in the purse / on LS' person when she left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping to cell tower(s) before and during while LS was at Kilroy's?
  • Did LS or anyone else use LS' phone that evening / while at Kilroy's / after LS left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping change after LS left Kilroy's?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her cell phone when she left Kilroy's?
  • Why was LS allegedly unaware of the location of her cell phone after she arrived to the apartment(s) after having left Kilroy's?
Purse / Key(s)
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she arrived to Kilroy's?
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she left Kilroy's?
  • Was someone carrying LS purse for her when she left Kilroy's?
  • When did LS lose track of her purse / key(s)?
  • When LS left the last friend's apartment to return to her own apartment did she have her purse / key(s)?

Are you wondering if she left her keys too, and they ended up in the alley by someone else and not her? Could that be why she left her apartment building, b/c she realized she couldn't get in b/c she didn't have her keys with her either??

There are boutiques and other little shops on the ground floor and then (I presume) apartment above that but I'm not certain. There is also a small house whose backyard butts up against the alley she went through earlier that evening.

There are a couple of other houses (I don't know if people live there or if they have been converted into businesses).

The block right before Smallwood has construction (there's one of the construction trailers, a big dumpster, etc) and a small business.

Keeping in mind that there could definitely be cameras that I don't know about on that route, she could have gone a couple of blocks without being on camera. I don't believe there are any of the sidewalk until you get to Smallwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam