GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew if I came here I would see more. Twice today I have heard that ridiculous "I panicked, smothered him, chopped him up" story. That is hogwash!

Thankfully there is more news here.

I don't know if this is this man's first victim or not. It may be since he confessed and was so sloppy, but you can bet he has been thinking about it for a long time.

Hearing voices, hallucinating? I know several people that have those problems, they do not do these kinds of things. Some are not on any meds, nor have been to a therapist, but abduction and murder are never on their minds or in their actions.

This poor, poor little boy. And his poor family. Unbearable. Unforgivable.

Thanks for all the news and common sense here everyone!

One of the many things that I don't get about this guy is how he could be chopping up a dead boy, and leaving the pieces in his fridge, while he basically lived with his Dad and Uncle. Didn't they ever go into this creep's house? Wasn't he afraid they would see something incriminating? He did not even hide anything from them, correct?

I'm still confused about one thing...is levy Hassidic? Wouldn't the trimming of the beard make him stand out more?

The saddest thing, is poor little Leiby trusted him because of his appearance. He looked like safe people. That poor child was on video (may have been posted here already) waiting for him for seven minutes while he went into some shop. That child stood there and waited and waited for this perp to return, and hopefully show him the way home. What was Levy thinking, I wonder, leaving that boy to wait for him for all that time? That the child might give up and leave? Sad sad sad.

I totally get the isolation of this community and why they do it. There is a sizeable Jewish population, including many Orthodox and Hasidic Jews, right here in Chicago. I have friends and family friends in this community, their lives are very different than the average Chicago citizen. I can't believe how isolated, though, that this New York community keeps themselves. To the point that parents didn't question a man constantly staring a kids and giving them rides home....and he's not even a parent himself.

The saddest thing, is poor little Leiby trusted him because of his appearance. He looked like safe people. That poor child was on video (may have been posted here already) waiting for him for seven minutes while he went into some shop. That child stood there and waited and waited for this perp to return, and hopefully show him the way home. What was Levy thinking, I wonder, leaving that boy to wait for him for all that time? That the child might give up and leave? Sad sad sad.

Such an important point, thank you.

This makes me even more sad for Leiby. I remember being scared and lost and having a nice adult help me. So sorry he didn’t find a nice adult.

RIP young man.

Such an important point, thank you.

This makes me even more sad for Leiby. I remember being scared and lost and having a nice adult help me. So sorry he didn’t find a nice adult.

RIP young man.

I can't get over the odds of this even happening. The sheer number of people in that city, in that square mile no less...

Aron Levy inside courtroom today:

[video=youtube;6OZN_QynCb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OZN_QynCb8&feature=share[/video]

If he's on suicide watch it would seem to me that on some level he appreciated the enormity of what he's done. Sane.

Attempting to change his appearance by shaving his beard would also indicate he understands the enormity of what he's done. Definately Sane.

I am particularly horrified by how quickly he went from being a boy at play and school to what ultimately happened to him. I read the transcript of the service. I really feel for the Rabbi. How do you make sense of this? And he's a far better person than I because I can't conceive a God who would want this.

Upthread the following cold case in NY was discussed.

Unknown Rashawn Brazell Killer

From the AMW breif detailing Rashawns murder:

The other bag was a beige and black tool bag with wheels and an insignia on the side that says "Rooster." Inside this bag, police found blood-stained drill bits and other tools. Police later learned this bag was one of only 15 bags made as a prototype and sold to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in 2001.

and

The killer had carefully traced the body with a sharp instrument before cutting it apart with an electric chain saw. Every cut was clean and on a joint, indicating the killer had a knowledge of human anatomy

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=32526

Regarding Leiby's murder:

"There's nothing clean about the cuts, but it looks like he went through the joints, like he knew what he was doing," said one investigator. "Was he a butcher? Did he have a job where this skill was needed?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ime_butcher_ex_says_cops_doubt_it.html?page=2

Doesn't sound like the same perp to me. Rashawns killer used a chain saw and the cuts were very clean. LA used butcher knifes and the cuts were not clean. also, the type of bag used in Rashawns murder was only one of 15 sold to the MTA. We don't know of any ties LA had to the MTA or anyone associated with the MTA. I could be wrong, but it seems 'backwards' to me to go from using a chain saw in an earlier murder to butcher knives in a later murder.

JMO

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...cher_ex_says_cops_doubt_it.html#ixzz1S8EgpjbN

Really, this is the most insensitive, ridiculous and idiotic comment I've ever heard an official make in the wake of such a horrible crime.

"Mayor Bloomberg called the crime "a stunning shock to our entire city."

"It's every parent's nightmare," he said. "I suppose if there's any comfort to be taken, this is a once in a generation thing. The last time this happened was thirty years ago but that's not any comfort to the parents."

Obviously, he is referring to Evan Patz, but this is NOT a once in a generational type of crime. It does happen more often than we'd like to think about. Regardless, there is a time and place for comments and this isn't one of them.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...cher_ex_says_cops_doubt_it.html#ixzz1S8EgpjbN

Really, this is the most insensitive, ridiculous and idiotic comment I've ever heard an official make in the wake of such a horrible crime.

"It's every parent's nightmare," he said. "I suppose if there's any comfort to be taken, this is a once in a generation thing. The last time this happened was thirty years ago but that's not any comfort to the parents."

Obviously, he is referring to Evan Patz, but this is NOT a once in a generational type of crime. It does happen more often than we'd like to think about. Regardless, there is a time and place for comments and this isn't one of them.

Excellent post BrownRice, I read the once in a generation and thought huh? :waitasec:. Perhaps Mayor Bloomberg should talk to those who run NCMEC or Marc Klaas, because if he thinks this is a 'once in a generation thing' he is wearing heavy blinders.

Agreed. There is no comfort here. And he's a fool to think anyone would be placated by the fact that merciless attacks on children aren't a daily occurrence.

So what is it about this particular crime that makes a percentage of a board that has followed cases since forever ago keep 24/7 watch for news of this. I really want to understand. Cubby? This feels visceral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53