CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks both for the warm welcome. I was so thankful to find this forum and I deeply appreciate the spirit of inquiry in attempts to understand what happened to poor AG :(. Please don't hesitate to ask if there are any details that I can provide. I had no idea that there were people such as yourselves willing to give their time to aid in bringing justice for AG.

FYI... the police have restarted the investigation "from scratch" so officially I've been told that I am a person of interest again. I wonder if the community can comment, is this normal? As everyone knows, I was interviewed extensively, my car and person searched, myself and shoes were measured and photographed and DNA was collected from me in the first round of investigation where I was originally eliminated. However, the last few weeks have brought new interviews and a polygraph exam. Maybe someone with some experience can tell me what I can expect in the next couple months?

Thank you so much again, all, for your attention to this. I have consistently been surprised with the incredible impact that AG has had on so many people and you all are a wonderful tribute to her memory.

kinsmapj--You are correct in that we care very much. This was a senseless and cruel murder and we've used every tool at our disposal to see if we can unearth some theory or detail that has been overlooked. I think you'll find that most WSers have been touched by crime in some way and that's why we're here. We each have a unique way of looking at things and pool every tidbit that we can glean from the internet and sometimes from locals to closely examine.

It's often hard when someone very close to the victim comes on board as we feel deep sympathy and also possibly worry that they might misconstrue something we've said or some opinion we've posted. Please share as you feel comfortable. We are all tremendously curious about this intriguing woman and why someone would choose her to brutally murder.

I'm in Oregon and was alerted to the thread as I've worked on several cases where there was an occult component. WS is great as it is tightly moderated and thus you won't find us misbehaving (much!!). It is a strongly victim-friendly site.

Possibly someone else can answer your questions about what to expect at this point. I'm sure that it must be difficult to be cleared and then to be called back into question. My best wishes.

Hi kinsmapj

As to your question "is this normal?", I don't think it's abnormal, given that LE wasn't able to match DLS up to forensics. Just that they've gone back to the drawing board on anyone and everyone that has a remote connection to Audrey.

I'm sure over the next while we'll have questions that you may or may not wish to answer, but for now (if you're comfortable), I'm just wondering if you have any theories of your own as to who could possibly have done this to AG?

Thanks for coming here.

And a THIRD warm welcome to kinsmapj. Many thanks for answering my questions. Again - WELCOME!!:welcome4::welcome4:

Thank you sooo much for joining Kinsmapj. My sister was a neighbour of Ms Gleaves years ago but didn't know her.
I don't know if you are going to be answering any questions for us , are there things the police wont let you say?
Anyway, my question for now is do you think the man who was charged and let go actually did it but there wasn't enough evidence or do you think it was someone else? I won't be offended if you dont answer LOL.

Warmest welcome to Kinsmapj! what a nightmare this must all be for you.

To kinsmapj: If you are able to answer - did you and AG have enemies in common?

I'm so sorry that you walked in to find that horrific scene. Just awful. I don't know how you are able to survive.......

:Welcome1: kinsmapj and:gthanks:for joining!

We have lots of questions for you, but don't want to overwhelm you. I was wondering if you could tell us a bit about Audrey's dogs. Where they found confined in the kitchen or basement? Did AG use to do that only at night, or also during the day? Where you comfortable around them, like were they running free while you worked in the garden?

We have lots of questions for you, but don't want to overwhelm you. I was wondering if you could tell us a bit about Audrey's dogs. Where they found confined in the kitchen or basement? Did AG use to do that only at night, or also during the day? Where you comfortable around them, like were they running free while you worked in the garden?

Yes, (unfortunately) we have many questions for you. But we also understand that you are only able to answer what you are allowed to answer.:tyou: :gthanks:

Hello all,

It is true the police have politely asked me not to share some details... Though I will say that one of the things that has drawn me so powerfully to this forum is how accurately you have deduced some details with the limited information that is publicly available!

With respect to whether I have a personal opinion regarding who could have done this horrible thing.... I feel at a complete loss. I find it highly unlikely that DLS is responsible and the police were simply unable to hold him because the direction of the case has shifted so drastically. The detectives are now putting lots of pressure on those of us who knew AG well (and honestly, I've always thought it likely that AG either knew or expected a visit from her attacker).

It's hard to imagine AG having an enemy... Certainly we had none in common. She wasn't the kind of person it was possible to hold a grudge against :). That being said... She was the victim of vandalism and she had also had at least one new service-person by her house in the last month of her life.

Thanks again all, and it is so nice to meet all of you,
PK

---
I am here: Google Maps

Sorry for the double-post, there were some updates while I was writing the previous one. Hmm... "comfortable" is a somewhat ambiguous term I suppose. After 5 years I was able to work outside with the dogs running freely but only with AG close at my side :). They were exceptionally protective and were always waiting for a moment of inattentiveness from AG so they could have a little nip at me.

The dogs were confined away from the area where AG was found. Although it wasn't especially unlikely for AG to confine them away from this area during the day, I cant imagine her in this area in the middle of the night. Hopefully that isn't uselessly cryptic?

---

Hello all,

Quoted from kinsmapj:
It is true the police have politely asked me not to share some details... Though I will say that one of the things that has drawn me so powerfully to this forum is how accurately you have deduced some details with the limited information that is publicly available!

With respect to whether I have a personal opinion regarding who could have done this horrible thing.... I feel at a complete loss. I find it highly unlikely that DLS is responsible and the police were simply unable to hold him because the direction of the case has shifted so drastically. The detectives are now putting lots of pressure on those of us who knew AG well (and honestly, I've always thought it likely that AG either knew or expected a visit from her attacker).INTERESTING!

It's hard to imagine AG having an enemy... Certainly we had none in common. She wasn't the kind of person it was possible to hold a grudge against :). That being said... She was the victim of vandalism and she had also had at least one new service-person by her house in the last month of her life. AGAIN INTERESTING!!

Thanks again all, and it is so nice to meet all of you,
PK

---

Oooh,computer dumbell me requests that one of our computer wizards to place a map of AG's house side by side with PK's home/map. That will give us a better view of the two homes. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

------------------------------------------

To kinsmapj for the map & info:
:gthanks::yourock::gthanks:

Sorry for the double-post, there were some updates while I was writing the previous one.Now, I did a double post! We all do it! Hmm... "comfortable" is a somewhat ambiguous term I suppose. After 5 years I was able to work outside with the dogs running freely but only with AG close at my side :). They were exceptionally protective and were always waiting for a moment of inattentiveness from AG so they could have a little nip at me. THANKS - IT HELPS US 'GET A PICTURE' OF THE DOGS' BEHAVIOUR.[/B]

The dogs were confined away from the area where AG was found. Although it wasn't especially unlikely for AG to confine them away from this area during the day, I cant imagine her in this area in the middle of the night. Hopefully that isn't uselessly cryptic?THANKS, WE WERE WONDERING ABOUT THAT![/B]

---

Many thanks to kinsmapj for assisting us in this ungodly crime.

Just found this on Twitter - could it be related to AG and SV?

UPDATE: South Simcoe Police now say 27 yr old Dawn Bailey, who was found dead in burned out home in Innisfil on wknd, was stabbed to death.
[/QUOTE]

This seems to be just a domestic but seeing it is not far from Orangeville I am sure the OPP are checking the situation out .

Just found this on Twitter - could it be related to AG and SV?

UPDATE: South Simcoe Police now say 27 yr old Dawn Bailey, who was found dead in burned out home in Innisfil on wknd, was stabbed to death.

This seems to be just a domestic but seeing it is not far from Orangeville I am sure the OPP are checking the situation out .[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think the husband/male friend has been arrested.

Hello Kinsmapj, thankyou for keeping an open mind and joining us here -glad no offence has been taken for anything we may have previously posted, as you can see, we pick things apart and keep eyes open for potential connections to other crimes.
So sorry for the loss of your friend and for what you saw and all that this crime has inflicted on you.
Glad you found us, welcome!

Oooh,computer dumbell me requests that one of our computer wizards to place a map of AG's house side by side with PK's home/map. That will give us a better view of the two homes. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

------------------------------------------

To kinsmapj for the map & info:
:gthanks::yourock::gthanks:

Haha... turns out that sneaky "Tapatalk" was reporting my iPhone's location with each post. Now everyone knows I visited McDonalds today :innocent:.

FYI, though, below is a map that has a link to the apartment we lived in last December, the restaurant at which my wife worked, AG's home, and the Williams she frequented with the other retired teachers....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213022355800446381841.0004a9b157bd147a62658

Thanks so much for helping with the map thing. (I'm hopeless with computers!:loser:) I can read the places now!:tyou:

Can you tell us more about her recent vandalism? Understand if you cant.

Do You ever worry that the killer may come after you, I know I would be absolutely paranoid. Thanks again. I hope we dont scare you away lol.

Can you tell us more about her recent vandalism? Understand if you cant.

Yes of course... someone smashed in her mailbox approx one month before her tragic end... really drove her bananas.

Do You ever worry that the killer may come after you, I know I would be absolutely paranoid. Thanks again. I hope we dont scare you away lol.

It's hard to say... I guess I never really thought about the murderer coming after me. I wish that I understood what motivated this crime, though I can't imagine any possible motivation that would link AG & I as targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow