CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link BBM

Hadn't seen this specific quote before.

Moo

This may have been pointed out already as I am late getting back on the thread. But, it appears to me one member of LE is saying one thing and another is saying something else. jmo

"Just given the length of time (he's been gone), we're looking at other possibilities," said Durango Police Lt. Ray Shupe. "Everything from abduction to homicide."

“Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

Yup!
I think thats why its so quiet!
New strategy maybe!
Different direction.

Maybe there are tapes to release and LE hasn't release them just like they haven't released anything else?

anything new? Do I need to go back and read the past 15 pages?

TIA

"This is pretty similar to my 13 yo daughter's theory. She doesn't find the dead cell suspicious at all. She said it happens with her friends a lot. She thinks the phone went dead on the ride home from the airport. It was an older phone, probably didn't have the best battery life, and was burning through what life it had searching for a signal. She thinks Dylan got to his Dad's, plopped on the couch, MEANT to charge the phone, but was feeling lazy and didn't feel like getting up right that minute. He drifted off and didn't feel like getting off the couch when Dad woke him early the next morning. My daughter doesn't think it odd that he wouldn't get out of bed right then to see his friends, especially if they were just going to hang out. So Dylan finally does wake up, flips through the channels and finds Spongebob on Nick, and grabs some cereal. He knew he missed his ride to his friends, but had a whole morning to kill, so she thinks he decided to drop by someone's house. She doesn't think this would've had to be a "friend", exactly. It could've just been someone he knew and wouldn't mind hanging with for a few. It could have even been an adult. She thinks he probably grabbed his phone to text the friends he was supposed to meet that morning, but discovered/remembered that he forgot to charge it. (direct quote from DD-"we're scatterbrained like that sometimes.") My daughter doesn't think Dylan would have had any particular urgency to contact his friends, because he wouldn't be able to make new plans with them until his Dad got back, anyway. She figures that he just decided to take the phone and the charger with him and would charge it when he got to wherever he was going, instead of waiting for it to charge before leaving the house. She also thinks that wherever he was heading, it was far enough away that he took his stuff with him, and was probably planning on calling his Dad later and having him pick him up from there to take him to his other friend's house. "

So I have to ask. Did she think it strange or odd he didn't text in all that time when he was known as a prolific texter? I find it very strange.

I am sure your daughter has friends that text a lot and those that don't. This boy was know to always have that phone in his hand.

It seems very strange to me he wouldn't be charging that battery the minute they arrived at dad's house...if he ever arrived at all!

I think since he lawyered up he won't be really talking to anyone other than his close family(brother)and his attorney...It appears to already be happening.

I hope he doesn't stop cooperating with LE; there's always the possibility that he knows something so insignificant it hasn't even occurred to him yet that might prove to be extremely important. I can't say I blame him a bit for contacting an attorney or for refusing to speak to the press anymore. Too many people seem to just want him to speak publicly so they can find new things to criticize and accuse him of lying about. MOO

Maybe there are tapes to release and LE hasn't release them just like they haven't released anything else?

That is what I am so very worried about. Those tapes won't be released until it is way too late. They need to show them now while this is fresh in peoples minds.

Heck in another week they won't even remember they were at Walmart!

SOmeone asked about hunting season ... I didn't see a response, sorry if this is a repeat. Yes, late season for elk opened on Nov 19. There are always more out-of-area cars (well, most likely trucks) at that point.

I hope he doesn't stop cooperating with LE; there's always the possibility that he knows something so insignificant it hasn't even occurred to him yet that might prove to be extremely important. I can't say I blame him a bit for contacting an attorney or for refusing to speak to the press anymore. Too many people seem to just want him to speak publicly so they can find new things to criticize and accuse him of lying about. MOO

I agree

SOmeone asked about hunting season ... I didn't see a response, sorry if this is a repeat. Yes, late season for elk opened on Nov 19. There are always more out-of-area cars (well, most likely trucks) at that point.

Thanks I thought so, this leads to many more people in an area that is usually nice and quite.

So I have to ask. Did she think it strange or odd he didn't text in all that time when he was known as a prolific texter? I find it very strange.

I am sure your daughter has friends that text a lot and those that don't. This boy was know to always have that phone in his hand.

It seems very strange to me he wouldn't be charging that battery the minute they arrived at dad's house<SNIP>!

She said the battery of the phone was dead, I think it would be pretty hard for the most tech savvy kid to text under those circumstances. If he was as tired as many people would be after little sleep and a full day, he may have either forgotten or decided to charge it in the morning.

I think since he lawyered up he won't be really talking to anyone other than his close family(brother)and his attorney...It appears to already be happening.

Where does that brother live? Who was at the house that night? What friends and relatives knew Dylan was coming to town? Lots of questions but no answers.

My grandma once told me. When looking at weather you are right or wrong you have to look at the numbers. If you and one person disagree..either of you could be right or wrong. But if everybody thinks you are wrong...you just might be.

There are other posters here who agree with Ocean. We may not all agree about MR, but surely we can agree that the most important thing is finding Dylan, not being right or wrong.
MOO

She said the battery of the phone was dead, I think it would be pretty hard for the most tech savvy kid to text under those circumstances. If he was as tired as many people would be after little sleep and a full day, he may have either forgotten or decided to charge it in the morning.
Who says the battery was dead? Nobody said that phone battery was dead.
Since Dylan's father claims he was texting Dylan, then father wasn't aware of any problems with the phone.

I honestly don't see why he would want to say anything anymore to anyone about anything. Every word that has come out of his mouth is dissected into something most people don't even think of. He's had his words twisted and tweaked, he's made comments that the public has deemed PROOF that he did something bad to his child. If I were him, I wouldn't tell anyone squat. Maybe LE but that's it.

I'm sure if he said he ate part of a casserole someone brought him, he'd have hundreds of people questioning why he's eating anything in the two weeks his son has been missing cuz after all, someone's great Aunt Minnie twice removed back in the 1800's didn't eat for a month when her favorite goldfish died and had to be flushed. :floorlaugh:

Where does that brother live? Who was at the house that night? What friends and relatives knew Dylan was coming to town? Lots of questions but no answers.

I think brother lives far away (assuming he has one brother). Clearly, from what father describes, nobody else was at the house except father and Dylan.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/303181/222/New-pictures-of-missing-boy-released

5:55 PM, Dec 4, 2012

From the Airport and Walmart.
121204075438_missing.jpg

When my battery is dead, I just plug the phone into the charger and text away. No big deal. And I have a flip-phone, not a smartphone. My son does too and he texts constantly, frequently while charging

Also, there was a computer with internet and he had facebook accounts. Did he update those?

If you are referring to MR's brother he was not at the house that night. He came after DR went missing to give his brother some support. I believe he lives in Arizona. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288