MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard there were 2 RSO's pulled over / questioned today?

Very possible. The only one we have video/photo/information on is this 60 year old guy.
He appears to have been alone when pulled over... despite rumors to the contrary. :seeya:

Great link, thanks woodtv and Plumeria. I'm reposting the timeline in text format.

Friday April 26
9 p.m.
Witness sees van at Exxon

10:51 p.m.
Final transaction

Time unknown
Minivan on surveillance video

11:04 p.m.
Minivan captured on second camera

11:07 p.m.
911 caller arrives at gas station

11:15 p.m.
911 call made

11:16 p.m.
Officer dispatched to gas station

Sunday, April 28
Police declare abduction

Weekend
Person of interest takes polygraph

Monday, April 29
Task force at work, flyers

Monday, April 29
Surveillance video released

Tuesday, April 30
Sketch released

April 30, 6 p.m.
Vigil held

Wednesday, May 1
2nd surveillance video released

*So, if this timeline is correct, the 20 minute window of the time of the abduction can be narrowed down between 10:51 to 11:04?

Thanks! Yours is neater and easier to read. I think 10:51 to 11:00 because it is a 4 minute drive from the gas station to Coin Zone.

Great link, thanks woodtv and Plumeria. I'm reposting the timeline in text format.

Friday April 26
9 p.m.
Witness sees van at Exxon

10:51 p.m.
Final transaction

Time unknown
Minivan on surveillance video

11:04 p.m.
Minivan captured on second camera

11:07 p.m.
911 caller arrives at gas station

11:15 p.m.
911 call made

11:16 p.m.
Officer dispatched to gas station

Sunday, April 28
Police declare abduction

Weekend
Person of interest takes polygraph

Monday, April 29
Task force at work, flyers

Monday, April 29
Surveillance video released

Tuesday, April 30
Sketch released

April 30, 6 p.m.
Vigil held

Wednesday, May 1
2nd surveillance video released

*So, if this timeline is correct, the 20 minute window of the time of the abduction can be narrowed down between 10:51 to 11:04?

I may have missed it earlier because I had so many windows open and I was behind in the thread... was it mentioned somewhere that LE had interviewed Jessica's last customer?

Nine minutes is such a short amount of time. I wonder if there's a chance that person possibly saw the minivan approaching as they were leaving?

That's right behind my sister's house. I didn't know that body of water was there because you can't see it from the street/houses. Why do you ask?

That is crazy.

Just a possible hunch, guess, estimate based on the possible mindset of the perp, last known direction, distances, other cases...hard to explain, brain is so fried right now can barely see, think or type. Will try to explain clearly tomorrow! It's just a starting point looking from the outside in.

I may have missed it earlier because I had so many windows open and I was behind in the thread... was it mentioned somewhere that LE had interviewed Jessica's last customer?

Nine minutes is such a short amount of time. I wonder if there's a chance that person possibly saw the minivan approaching as they were leaving?

Yes, they said that person was interviewed and cleared.
No clue if they might have witnessed something though.
I don't have a link, but it's here somewhere...

That is crazy.

Just a possible hunch, guess, estimate based on the possible mindset of the perp, last known direction, distances, other cases...hard to explain, brain is so fried right now can barely see, think or type. Will try to explain clearly tomorrow! It's just a starting point looking from the outside in.

There are houses in there and I think it would be risky to go there. There are areas much more remote very close to the abduction scene. Lake Michigan is nearby and there are beaches and forest and it's dark and deserted.

Yes, they said that person was interviewed and cleared.
No clue if they might have witnessed something though.
I don't have a link, but it's here somewhere...

No worries. I thought I read that at some point, but I'm tired and it all starts getting jumbled together. :)

Also, I'm sure if they were interviewed and cleared, we would have heard if they'd seen anything about the van.

:truce:
Good to see you artis. ALOT about this case makes me think back about Mickey.

Hi, GK. I've been thinking about Mickey. May 19th will be one year since that monster took her. I think of her family and Bretly often, as well as her critter babies. Remember it was just two days away from her birthday. Tough time for all of them.

If I didn't know better, I would say that today has been a pretty busy day as far as this case is concerned. I have been mostly absent, wasting my time watching the defense team in the Jodi Arias trial make a complete mockery of the justice system. But that is beside the point. I have a couple of observations related to the second surveillance tape.

First, we know that the perpetrator did not turn East onto Hile Rd, suggesting that his intent may not be to leave Muskegon via I-96 East. I am hesitant to say for sure because it is just as easy to merge onto I-96 East by continuing North on Grand Haven Rd for another couple of blocks. Second, I saw a question earlier about whether anyone could tell if the van was slowing down to turn onto Airport Rd. That question cannot be answered for two reasons. First, there was a vehicle in front of the van. If the vehicle in front was slowing down to turn onto Airport Rd, then the van would have to slow down as well. Also, there is a signal light at that intersection. Another possible reason the van could have been slowing down is because of a red light. Although that signal light may be turned off after 11:00 pm.

We have a silver Plymouth minivan. They're as common as white trucks down south. Doesn't make this any easier.

I have been following along a little bit by monitoring the news websites. But it appears as though I am close to 10 pages behind here. And that is a little too much to get caught up on, especially at this hour. Can anyone be so kind as to tell me what I have missed here? I mean other than miss all of you fine, upstanding people of course. :)

I have been following along a little bit by monitoring the news websites. But it appears as though I am close to 10 pages behind here. And that is a little too much to get caught up on, especially at this hour. Can anyone be so kind as to tell me what I have missed here? I mean other than miss all of you fine, upstanding people of course. :)

I would help but I haven't read the thread!

That link takes you to the page where you have to type in the code thingy and confirm you're over 18. Is there another way to link to the guy you're talking about?

If you type in the code and click submit, it will take you to a search page, essentially signing you in. Once signed in, click on the link in the post again and it will take you to the correct profile.

ETA: To clarify, sign in by entering the code. After signing in, come back here and click the link in the post again. It will take you to the correct profile since you are already signed in.

This guy matches the height, age range, parts his hair down the middle, longish on top, maybe other similarities...

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=20015828

He was released a year ago virtually to date 4/25/2012. The date of his initial registration is 4/27/2010.

I can see some similarities. I still believe that this individual most resembles the sketch. Other than age, I believe he also fits the general description quite well. On an unrelated note, his current address listed on the registry is within 200 feet of an elementary school. There is a place on the registry where you can submit a tip. I, along with someone else here who is local, both submitted a tip yesterday notifying them that his address is within 200 feet of a school when his probation prohibits him from living within 1,000 feet of a school. If you get a chance, I would recommend you doing the same. The more tips the better.

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=8559951

I've been manning the basement thread off and on all day today and coming back here to read.

Some great sleuthing today guys!!!! Brought up some great information on Jessica's case. I've spent the last couple of hours reading just to catch up, ya'll have been busy.

I'm not posting much, just reading a lot and listening to the thread in the basement.

Some crazy things happened today. The photoshopped picture of the composite, the questioning of the RSO in the silver van, the release of a second vid of the van.

Just praying for the safe return of Jessica. Her little boy needs her so much.

This guy matches the height, age range, parts his hair down the middle, longish on top, maybe other similarities...

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=20015828

He was released a year ago virtually to date 4/25/2012. The date of his initial registration is 4/27/2010.

Sorry to quote myself, but I'll be darned. He lives almost exactly where I just posted the map earlier of where I'd start searching (
Can any locals tell me about this specific area, point B?

http://goo.gl/maps/4iIqC

http://goo.gl/maps/7xuwk
) behind Artis's sister's house but on the other side of the water....wierd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030