Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all days, my Sirius says No Antenna Signal Detected. I'm freaking out I won't be able to hear!

Do you know what's with WAT adding the "h" in his words?? I don't get the inside joke... TIA.

It's a Family Guy reference to Stewy pronouncing words with an 'h' after the W with a long 'h' sound. ie: Cool Hwhip or Awhile as ahhwhile.

Something has been nagging at the back of mind for a few days now and it finally came to me. I'm curious to know if anyone else has a problem with the following.....

1. Visitors to the County Jail cannot bring things to inmates. Take magazines for example. I could not bring a copy of Vogue to an inmate during a visit. Instead I would have to order the copy and have it sent directly to the jail. Clearly, this policy is in effect to minimize the possibility of contraband, right?

So why was the media allowed to bring make-up to the jail and have it given directly to JA? Shoot, someone could have put cynide in the lip gloss. Sure, a guard could have examined the make-up, but how carefully was that done in such a short period of time? Just doesn't seem right to me.

2. Sure, JA might have a free speech right to conduct those interviews. But why was she given the option of wearing a sweater to cover the cute little stiped outfit? There is nothing in the consitution that says someone has a right to cover up prison stripes. Conduct the inverview if you will, but you are an inmate. Just doesn't seem right to me.

3. JA has been convicted of first degree murder. The question of innocent until proven guilty has been asked and answered. So why was she allowed to sit directly across from multiple reporters without being shackled and handcuffed at ALL times? Whose to say that she couldn't have jumped out of her chair, grabbed the pen out of the reporters hand and stabbed them in the eye????? Those guards would not have been able to subdue her before the damage was done. Again, it just does not seem right to me.

Am I crazy?

MOO

NO you're not crazy. But the way CMJA is allowed to act as a Convicted 1st Degree Murderer is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!:banghead:

I have shown greater love and care disposing of a Goldfish.

Yes- she will absolutely kill again- in fact I am not certain this was her first kill- maybe first 'human' kill.

We are going to learn much, much more about JAA's past once she is sentenced to death and sent away to death row.

Hey Frigga! How did your procedure go?

I have shown greater love and care disposing of a Goldfish.

Yes- she will absolutely kill again- in fact I am not certain this was her first kill- maybe first 'human' kill.

We are going to learn much, much more about JAA's past once she is sentenced to death and sent away to death row.

BBM
I fervently pray that you are right on both counts Frigga. :seeya:

Curious in Indiana, the Moon is now in the Sign of the Grim Reaper, having exited Libra of shifting and re-shifting issues and evidence. That change occurred yesterday at 1:56 p.m. in Phoenix and upon entering Scorpio, the Moon of activity went further underground by moving into an intercept. Intercepts are secret & totally hidden, emphasizing and underlining the secret nature of Scorpio. The first planet Moon hit was Saturn r., which was a search of conscience during the evening and night, after court. The next hit occurs today, when Moon arrives at her own Node of consensus at 16° Scorpio. This would bring the jurors together in concerted opinion, still Sign of The Reaper. If jurors should stretch this into tomorrow, Scorpio Moon will oppose Mars in the House of convicted murderer's fate, 10. Jurors have now an ideal situation of total privacy in an appropriate Sign for death penalty consideration.

Marlboro Man has made it to the court!
"Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Marlboro man just arrived after his long hwalk. #JodiArias"

This really bothers me from Ryan Owens interview with CM: He asks "so you think people will be safe with Jodi Arias out of these 4 walls" Her answer "yes, if you don't abuse me or attack me or threaten to kill me, then you're safe."

She will definitely kill again. Also, it is my opinion her answer was a direct threat to Ryan ( like back off) because in her demented mind, Ryan was verbally attacking her. He is a ''hater" you know.

If I were JM, I would consider this a threat since it seems she would likely consider his prosecution of her an "abuse" of her, an "attack" on her and a "threat to kill" her.

does anyone have the links for watching live tv from the UK?
Thanks

Do you know what's with WAT adding the "h" in his words?? I don't get the inside joke... TIA.

Not certain, but I think it may be a play on the way Nurmi speaks in regards to pronouncing words beginning in 'wh'. Does anyone know for sure?

To be objective, I've seen plenty of cases where the victim was not a child, nor was the defendant a serial killer and the jury still handed down a death sentence. Dr. Drew, and the rest of the TH have to say something to keep the public interest and usually what they say is controversial. Just look back on some of the other statements that they have made that turned out to have no bearing on this case. I remember, before the M1 verdict, one of the HLN stars saying how the women jurors had walked passed her and they were walking "defiantly" and then she implied that there must be friction among the jurors. Meanwhile,our own court watchers saw the same thing and reported that there was nothing unusual in how the jurors had walked past. Makes you wonder if these HLN stars are as dramatic in their everyday lives, lol.

It's a Family Guy reference to Stewy pronouncing words with an 'h' after the W with a long 'h' sound. ie: Cool Hwhip or Awhile as ahhwhile.
Ah, thank you, makes sense now, because I like Stewie and his "Cool Hwhip" talk, lol! Thanks for explaining, I couldn't figure it out.

BBM: That was ME !

:twocents:

IF JA does NOT get the Death Penalty it will be a "WIN-WIN" for her and her DT ... and the thought of that is absolutely sickening !

The Alexander Family wants the Death Penalty, and Mr. Martinez asked for the jury to come back with a Verdict of DP ! And I see absolutely NO reason why this jury would be unable to deliver the DP !

While I understand this jury's record is great so far : 12 jurors - 1st Degree PRE-MEDITATED Murder, and 12 jurors - extreme cruelty, they need to come back with the DP because the sentencing of the CM should be equivalent to the horrendous murder she committed !

There were NO mitigating factors, and NOT ONE PERSON -- NOBODY -- spoke on behalf of Travis' murderer, which speaks volumes about the CM, IMO !

The only person to speak on behalf of the convicted murderer was herself -- who has already lied to the jury -- AND -- the jury knows it !

IF JA does not go to Death Row, she will do anything she can to continue to "torture" Travis' memory and Travis' family !

This is just a "no brainer" IMO ...

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

I respect your opinion and too believe it should be an easy DP conviction, but I'm not in that jury room.

I just don't see any way in any situation that THIS jury can be compared to the Pinellas 12 in Floriduh.

JMO

MOOOO

does anyone have the links for watching live tv from the UK?
Thanks

Google tvfeeds I cant remember if its .com or bet but it will be there

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

From WAT :

8m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Just arrived in the hallway outside the #JodiArias courtroom. @reporterjmiguel has on no salmon today for some reason? hwonder hwhy?

7m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

hwild definitely hwanted to give marlboro man a ride but he remembered his duty not to speak to jurors or hitchhikers. #JodiArias

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Marlboro man just arrived after his long hwalk. #JodiArias

:rocker: I just knew WAT would have given this man a ride ... but he couldn't !

BBM: That was ME !

:twocents:

IF JA does NOT get the Death Penalty it will be a "WIN-WIN" for her and her DT ... and the thought of that is absolutely sickening !

The Alexander Family wants the Death Penalty, and Mr. Martinez asked for the jury to come back with a Verdict of DP ! And I see absolutely NO reason why this jury would be unable to deliver the DP !

While I understand this jury's record is great so far : 12 jurors - 1st Degree PRE-MEDITATED Murder, and 12 jurors - extreme cruelty, they need to come back with the DP because the sentencing of the CM should be equivalent to the horrendous murder she committed !

There were NO mitigating factors, and NOT ONE PERSON -- NOBODY -- spoke on behalf of Travis' murderer, which speaks volumes about the CM, IMO !

The only person to speak on behalf of the convicted murderer was herself -- who has already lied to the jury -- AND -- the jury knows it !

IF JA does not go to Death Row, she will do anything she can to continue to "torture" Travis' memory and Travis' family !

This is just a "no brainer" IMO ...

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

I love [snark] that Jodi is now trying to insinuate that it was an act of passion...a "snap". That she had no control [even if she can't remember ala Nurmi's closing statement], that it reallllllly was not a coldblooded premeditated heinous [heinous, her word] crime.

'Mark my words'......we will be "treated" to yet another Jodi 6.0.

It's coming..................

Maybe it's the hhill that makes Wild hhuff and hpuff.
Thanks for making the trip for us all in this hhheat, wild. :seeya:

On HLN while ago, Dr. Drew said that the jury usually gives the death penalty to serial killers and those that kill little kids. The panel was talking about Jodi only killing one person. Some of the lawyers do not seem to be considering facts such as Jodi driving about a thousand miles to kill Travis, planning the murder for over a week at the very least, staging a burglary to steal her grandfather's gun, cornering Travis in the shower, murdering him in an especially cruel way, etc. They don't seem to realize that she did not only assassinated his character on the witness stand, but she continued to assassinate his character during her allocution and in interviews. Each time she speaks about Travis abusing her, it's like she's sticking that knife into his chest again and twisting it around. These lawyers don't seem to understand that Travis WASN'T her boyfriend at that time either.
Agreed. You make solid points there.The DT seemed to be influenced by inmate Arias and overstepped reasonable moral argument several times, in my opinion - almost 'sociopathic' in their line of argument at times - seen specifically in the cross examination with the Forensic Medical Examiner.

Jodie Ann Arias has NOT been diagnosed with a Mental Illness. She has been diagnosed Character disorder and is fully responsible for her actions. Her sociopathic planning & carrying out of the brutal killing of Travis Alexander, makes her a dangerous person. She is a cold blooded murderer.
She should be held fully accountable for her actions IMO.

On HLN while ago, Dr. Drew said that the jury usually gives the death penalty to serial killers and those that kill little kids. The panel was talking about Jodi only killing one person. Some of the lawyers do not seem to be considering facts such as Jodi driving about a thousand miles to kill Travis, planning the murder for over a week at the very least, staging a burglary to steal her grandfather's gun, cornering Travis in the shower, murdering him in an especially cruel way, etc. They don't seem to realize that she did not only assassinated his character on the witness stand, but she continued to assassinate his character during her allocution and in interviews. Each time she speaks about Travis abusing her, it's like she's sticking that knife into his chest again and twisting it around. These lawyers don't seem to understand that Travis WASN'T her boyfriend at that time either.

I heard that and IMMEDIATELY thought, "What about Scott Petersen?"

Sometimes when JM asks a question it sounds like hwhy/ hwhat etc. That's where it started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member