AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what I gathered from that interview is that le did try to get in contact with Britt. Maybe she didnt answer? Or maybe she had to get a new phone? When she got her new phone, did her number change? I forget this answer...I'm sorry. Also, when was she taken off of DH's family plan? Was it 2-3 weeks prior to her disappearance?
Yes she got a new number with the new sim card. LE said she was on the list to talk to but had not reached her yet. Brittney never stayed in one place long or kept the same number long either I would say in the 5 yrs that I have known her she had close to 10 numbers not at once just over the years.

That's why I said she had only been staying w/Chessie a few days to a week before she vanished she lived with Wally's Mom more than any where else.

The area is vast. I had no idea until I researched way farther than just looking at google maps. My gosh its truly comparable to a needle in a haystack.

There could be a positive upside to Britt not being found yet, maybe she's alive. However, her info has been in the media forefront a few times & I'd think somebody would notice her at some point.
Your right all the area's involved are VERY vast and wooded and if you look at other missing cases body/remains can be missed easily it is like looking for a needle in a haystack and if you add in wild life it makes it that much worse.
And the entire Baldwin Co and Mobile/Grand bay hasn't been searched just key areas I think it's next to impossible to search it all.

I thought CW was so believable in some of her statements venting & crying about Britt's disappearance. Then I thought it was odd how she seemed to have her family's "back", sticking up for her sisters & bro, etc. Now I wonder if its possible they have something on CW & maybe that's why she seems to come to their defense.
I don't want to bash on here but Chessie has always defended her siblings above ALL even her children. IMO

Were DH's & WWH's bank/checking accounts checked? Any large withdrawals? I mean, more than a normal withdrawal for them?
That area I know nothing about I don't know where or even if they bank.

Steph, now I can't rule out what I was thinking...& it started as just a supposition. Now knowing her cell # changed with the new sim (btw several companies now allow a person to keep their same # even after changing sims & companies), & knowing she was on DH & WWH family plan previously - it really does make me wonder...especially considering what the lead investigator said in that interview about trying to find Britt to talk to her, etc.

You say she had net on her cell, that it was a smartphone, but DH & WWH dropped her from their plan bc of blowing up the net access (according to Chessie). That's typical of any teen, which is why there are net plans. We all have iPhones in my family, so paying for net is a must or we wouldn't have cell access period. The object of having any kind of smartphone is for the net access. So why wouldn't DH & WWH have a net plan on their cell #s? Iow, how does Britt go over her net minutes if she's on a plan? Or did they maybe only allow certain minutes for certain #s on their plan for net access? It wouldn't be cost effective to do it that way so it confuses me. Plus, something to think about, they could have put a block on Britt's net access just by simply placing a call to or logging online with their cell company. I've done this with my boys several times when they've made me mad by using their cells in school. Now I honestly think there were nefarious reasons to get Britt off of their family plan. Again, they could have blocked her net access - doesnt cost a dime to do it & literally takes 10 seconds.

Wasn't G Ma married to the guy that raped BW? If you read the hometown FB page Wallace H says just that, and PH gives her money and she sends it to her EX the SOffender in jail.

This family never ceases to amaze me!

Chessie knows what has become of her daughter. I would not put it passed her having a hand in it also.

ALL JMVOO
The Gma (Chessie's mom) does send money Every month to the Convicted rapist of Brittney. She the Grma has Always believed that Brittney lied about that even though the evidence put him in prison for life plus 10years. The way Brittney was treated in court by her own maternal Gma disgusts me. The Gma that Derek went to when he turned himself in back in Oct was Wally's mom the 3 kids have both Gma's living.

The Gma (Chessie's mom) does send money Every month to the Convicted rapist of Brittney. She the Grma has Always believed that Brittney lied about that even though the evidence put him in prison for life plus 10years. The way Brittney was treated in court by her own maternal Gma disgusts me. The Gma that Derek went to when he turned himself in back in Oct was Wally's mom the 3 kids have both Gma's living.

This disgusted several of us last year when we found out. Its so sickening how many generations are affected by these crimes. Its such a shame. Such a damn shame. How these people live with theirselves is beyond me. What a sick woman she is to send money to this pig. This is the same gmom that allowed Britt & DW to smoke weed, right? She makes me sick! With as messed up as CW & her family are, it makes me wonder several things about their upbringing. Seeing the newspaper report on Britt's rapist getting convicted, then knowing this lady stood beside him. & continues to aid him, it makes me feel utter disgust. I despise her.

What does everyone think happened? I've always wanted to know.
Wally believes it was premeditated that Brittney knew to much about the sex crimes and that her own maternal family killed her, he does NOT believe that DH acted alone.

I have a few theories but with all I believe she is dead. And they all involve the same players as yall call them. I too have thought Maybe WWH killed Britt and DH both that would explain a lot.

Steph, now I can't rule out what I was thinking...& it started as just a supposition. Now knowing her cell # changed with the new sim (btw several companies now allow a person to keep their same # even after changing sims & companies), & knowing she was on DH & WWH family plan previously - it really does make me wonder...especially considering what the lead investigator said in that interview about trying to find Britt to talk to her, etc.

You say she had net on her cell, that it was a smartphone, but DH & WWH dropped her from their plan bc of blowing up the net access (according to Chessie). That's typical of any teen, which is why there are net plans. We all have iPhones in my family, so paying for net is a must or we wouldn't have cell access period. The object of having any kind of smartphone is for the net access. So why wouldn't DH & WWH have a net plan on their cell #s? Iow, how does Britt go over her net minutes if she's on a plan? Or did they maybe only allow certain minutes for certain #s on their plan for net access? It wouldn't be cost effective to do it that way so it confuses me. Plus, something to think about, they could have put a block on Britt's net access just by simply placing a call to or logging online with their cell company. I've done this with my boys several times when they've made me mad by using their cells in school. Now I honestly think there were nefarious reasons to get Britt off of their family plan. Again, they could have blocked her net access - doesnt cost a dime to do it & literally takes 10 seconds.
All good points about the phone plans, IDK if we will ever know the real reason (truth)of why they removed her from the plan.

Wally believes it was premeditated that Brittney knew to much about the sex crimes and that her own maternal family killed her, he does NOT believe that DH acted alone.

I have a few theories but with all I believe she is dead. And they all involve the same players as yall call them. I too have thought Maybe WWH killed Britt and DH both that would explain a lot.

I hated to thank your post but I agree with everything you've said. I feel so terrible for what you and your loved ones are going through. I especially feel sad for P & hope she always has some kind of memory of her mommy.

This disgusted several of us last year when we found out. Its so sickening how many generations are affected by these crimes. Its such a shame. Such a damn shame. How these people live with theirselves is beyond me. What a sick woman she is to send money to this pig. This is the same gmom that allowed Britt & DW to smoke weed, right? She makes me sick! With as messed up as CW & her family are, it makes me wonder several things about their upbringing. Seeing the newspaper report on Britt's rapist getting convicted, then knowing this lady stood beside him. & continues to aid him, it makes me feel utter disgust. I despise her.
It disgusts me that Chessie bashes Wally every chance she gets but lets her mother live with her. Wally might have not been the best dad or best boyfriend to her. But I as a mother would turn against ANYONE that was against my child in a case like that! I have the privilege to talk to one of the jurors on that trial and that person could not believe that was it turned out to by my Britt and the things I was told that was said in open court by Britt's own gma against Brittney made me sick!

No, that was Wally's Mom that allowed the partying she has always wanted to be the cool Gma and turns a blind eye to whatever her grand kids are doing.

Hi BrittsStepMom, I'm glad to finally say hello and welcome. Others have put it more eloquently than I ever could, so happy you're here to keep the spotlight on Brittney.

I joined WS about one year ago for Mickey, but Brittney and Jaren is who I stayed for. Hope we get some answers this year.

I hated to thank your post but I agree with everything you've said. I feel so terrible for what you and your loved ones are going through. I especially feel sad for P & hope she always has some kind of memory of her mommy.
Payton and I have a ritual we do when she comes here. She ask for Momma's picsure that's how she says it, I give her some of the flyers she kisses her momma and carries it around some times she draws on them that's why I give her more than one. I wont let her forget Brittney but we have no idea what to really tell her either.

Payton and I have a ritual we do when she comes here. She ask for Momma's picsure that's how she says it, I give her some of the flyers she kisses her momma and carries it around some times she draws on them that's why I give her more than one. I wont let her forget Brittney but we have no idea what to really tell her either.

That's heartbreaking. But I think that's a sweet ritual and a sweet way to help her baby girl not forget her mama. I'm sure Brittney would be so thankful that you're showing Payton so much love.
Sounds like you are a wonderful grandma to her. (And I hope she doesn't have to have too much contact with the other side of Britt's family)
:grouphug:

It disgusts me that Chessie bashes Wally every chance she gets but lets her mother live with her. Wally might have not been the best dad or best boyfriend to her. But I as a mother would turn against ANYONE that was against my child in a case like that! I have the privilege to talk to one of the jurors on that trial and that person could not believe that was it turned out to by my Britt and the things I was told that was said in open court by Britt's own gma against Brittney made me sick!

No, that was Wally's Mom that allowed the partying she has always wanted to be the cool Gma and turns a blind eye to whatever her grand kids are doing.

That makes me sick about CW's mom! Great that you were able to meet & speak with a juror from that case. I'm trying to remember...I was thinking Britt was 9 but didn't go to court until she was 11 or 12. Am I misremembering? Either way, its obvious she was young, so how dare this crazy lady speak I'll of a young child that was RAPED by her ADULT significant other! Its deplorable! Then for CW to have her in the house makes me wonder why ANYONE would ever donate or attend a vigil of any kind that she'd be involved in. To stick up for people that have brought harm to so many, including her daughter, is gross. I'd rather go to church & pray for Brittney, maybe even speak with people in the congregation, then hold vigil after services...

& Omgosh it was Wally's mom? I hope she doesn't allow it anymore. ;) Sorry for thinking it was the maternal gmom that allowed it.

Steph, if there is ever anything any of us can do for Payton - please let us know. Okay? I've asked often if there is a trust set up - or some other sort of financial savings in place. If you and Wallace choose to do so, again, please let us know. I would love to help out in any way that I could. I became a mother at 17 (2 months after my 17th birthday) - I have a lot in common with Brittney. A lot. I'm 35 now and my kids are 18 and 13. I think back to how rough it was at first, how alone I felt and how much help I could have used if I had only asked for it. I'm doing well for myself now and I'd like to help out if I could. I want to see Payton go to college, to have the financial means in place (in her moms honor) to do everything Brittney would want her to do.

It really got to me to see the recent photos of her with Wallace. She looks SO much like her mother. It's amazing how much she's grown in a year.

But back to questions: I think Jersey and a few others covered any question I could ever dream up - so I'll ask more of an interview type thing.

Has there been any assumptions/remarks/judgments about Brittney that have bothered you to no end - and are so out there that you can't believe anyone would say it?

That's heartbreaking. But I think that's a sweet ritual and a sweet way to help her baby girl not forget her mama. I'm sure Brittney would be so thankful that you're showing Payton so much love.
Sounds like you are a wonderful grandma to her. (And I hope she doesn't have to have too much contact with the other side of Britt's family)
:grouphug:
She doesn't have ANY contact with the Wood's. Chessie never once tried to contact AH or his Gma to check on Payton to see if she needs anything or to even see how she is not until Payton's Bday then they started saying on FB that they were taking her, Not going to happen!

She doesn't have ANY contact with the Wood's. Chessie never once tried to contact AH or his Gma to check on Payton to see if she needs anything or to even see how she is not until Payton's Bday then they started saying on FB that they were taking her, Not going to happen!

Wow, this floors me!

I hate to leave everyone but I have got to get up from this chair. I will be back in the morning to answer any and all questions that I can. Thanks again for the warm welcome and continuing to help in our efforts to find Brittney. Good Night everyone.

~Team Brittney~
Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members