AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in peace. So sorry for her loved ones.

Once again, we wait. When will it be your turn to come home, Brittney?

Good Evening,

I'm sorry I have been out of pocket today to answer questions. I will answer what I can I promise.

But with the new story about the body/remains being found I'm concentrating on getting any information I can. I was sure yesterday when they called it a body that it was a local woman that went missing on Friday May 24th but now calling it remains and saying "yet to identify gender or cause of death" has me VERY worried. If I am understanding the report correctly about where the remains where found that would be the route and direction in which you travel from Styx River to Grand Bay. I will keep y'all posted.

Thank you,
Steph
Praying for you guys.

I just read more and found out the body was not our Britt. I can't imagine how the family handles the stress and anxiety each time a body is found. I'm saying a prayer for the other family and one for Britt and her family.

Prayers for the family of the victim found and for the Hanke family as surely each time remains are found it is gut-wrenching.. Going out on a limb here but I would feel relief and sadness each time the UIR turns out not to be Brittney. Like minusfour said "it's so hard to know what to hope for anymore" :/

Prayers for the family of the victim found and for the Hanke family as surely each time remains are found it is gut-wrenching.. Going out on a limb here but I would feel relief and sadness each time the UIR turns out not to be Brittney. Like minusfour said "it's so hard to know what to hope for anymore" :/

So hard to know what to hope for! (Again!) Thinking and hoping for you and yours Steph!

You both are So right. I don't know what to hope for anymore. I want her to be found so bad, but then when presented with UIR I don't want it to be her. And now 8 times it's not been her. I go through relief, anger and disappointment all at once it's like a title wave of emotions. It's like having the same nightmare over and over.

You both are So right. I don't know what to hope for anymore. I want her to be found so bad, but then when presented with UIR I don't want it to be her. And now 8 times it's not been her. I go through relief, anger and disappointment all at once it's like a title wave of emotions. It's like having the same nightmare over and over.

:heartbeat: thinking of you and yours tonight.

Can anyone besides Brittney's maternal family members verify that Britt indeed had this gun? Her close friends maybe?

I'm really starting to wonder if this is the gun DH killed himself with, IF it really was Britt's gun or whether people were trying to cast suspicion on her by saying that gun was her gun. Or even just save their own butts if it was one of the family members guns he used & they had it or had gotten it illegally and didn't want to get in trouble, so they said it belonged to Brittney. Easy to blame or cast suspicion upon the person who is missing. Could it possibly have been DH gun that he had gotten illegally or via shady means & since DH didn't die right away, they thought he might get in trouble for having it, they said "oh, yeah. Britt has such-and-such gun."

So far I have heard back from one friend that they knew/saw the gun. AH did not know she had a gun nor Wally & I.

I'm wondering if she was given the gun the few days leading up (if she had it at all). that would explain why no one other than a few people - knew of her to have a gun. Everything smells fishy to me.

I'm wondering if she was given the gun the few days leading up (if she had it at all). that would explain why no one other than a few people - knew of her to have a gun. Everything smells fishy to me.

Maybe she had gotten the gone because she was afraid or in fear for her life. It would be quite a coincidence if she had just "purchased" a gun and then disappeared. I think this all adds up In some way! Just wish I could figure out how.

*hugs* to you! this emotional rollercoaster is so draining and i wish you were never in the position to have to experience it. sending you lots of love and prayers. <3

I have often wondered if Britt did OD too. If DH was attached to her, then maybe that combined with the pending sex abuse charges sent him over the edge. But...if it was an accidental OD, then why not just let her body be found. Why hide it?

Perhaps there were was another person/other people at the Styx River house that night? People who were concerned about her body being discovered?

Bear with me for a minute....how certain is it that DW committed suicide rather than being shot by someone else?

Bear with me for a minute....how certain is it that DW committed suicide rather than being shot by someone else?

Without knowing exactly what LE did as part of looking into his suicide, I don't know how the public can say with certainty either way. I have my suspicions that it was only given a cursory investigation by LE, but I have no way of knowing either way.

Hi Steph!

Do you know if Derek or TJ knew she had a gun? TIA

I never asked them so no. But I don't see how they would know they were both incarcerated at the time I know at the time Derek turned himself in 4/15/12 Brittney did Not have a gun. And TJ was gone way before then like March I believe. I believe with the way Derek is about Brittney and TJ if either had a gun we would've know about it. I do however believe that they would say "Yes Britt had a gun I know because my mom told me!" IMO

:wave: Skimmed over the latest posts – doesn’t sound like much, if any, progress in this case. :(

A few on-going and new questions, maybe for Steph [welcome!]:

1. What did BW and CW argue about before BW left to meet DH that fateful night?
  2. How would you describe the relationship between BW and DK?
  3. What about that obsessive ex-bf who moved to TX? Don't know what to ask but my hinky meter registered weird on him.
  4. Who did BW telephone that night beside BW's girlfriend (fake story) and DH?
  5. Who did BW telephone for a ride late in the evening/early morning?
  6. Why do you think BW was disappeared? Planned or accidental?
  7. What do you think CW is most afraid of?
TIA

1. That I don't know. All I know is her mom told me Brittney said she was not helping with her little sister & brother before she left.

2. From what I saw is was a distant uncle niece relationship. You know like hey how you doing, I never saw them close like her and Donnie.

3. He was ruled out by Texas police her not being there and her already reported missing before he came back to town.

4 & 5.I can't tell you who she talked to that night. I don't want to jeopardize the possible case information.

6. I don't not believe that Brittney is gone of her own accord.

7. I have no idea what Chessie is afraid of I can only speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd