AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not an informant nor did he get set up. What he took amounted to about $5.00 and thats the problem.

He wasn't thinking. Britt missing has driven him crazy in a sense.

I must say Wally is feeling the kind of pain no person should feel. First, his daughter is missing. Then, the sex ring comes out. Then, he finds out that his daughter may have been a victim again of yet another of Chessie's family members. Derek is arrested in connection with the sex ring. Wally finds out Derek's a victim also. Then, his youngest son gets arrested - again - as he violates probation last month.

To top it off, Wendy - the one Wally and Steph believe holds the answers to everything - has her bond lowered. And in all likelihood will be released before her trial starts on August 18.

That's a lot on one plate.

Looking at her photos, Brittney often seemed to wear eyemakeup. So that might mean she could have been carrying a zipped up makeup bag inside her bag, with maybe plastic bottles of mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss? Maybe even a mirror? They wouldn't degenerate quickly, and a plastic-lined bag might even float in water, so it would be worth knowing if Brittney carried one, I think. Especially if it was distinctive.

No, CW has always maintained that both bags were missing and that is why she's not sure of the color. She doesn't actually remember her leaving with either bag just a bag, when LE told her to look around and see what all Brittney might have taken both bags were gone.

Oh dear. That's not very helpful. Do you think CW checked all the places Brittney had recently stayed? In fact, did anyone know where Brittney kept most of her clothes and things, and have they been gathered together now, for safekeeping?

Looking at her photos, Brittney often seemed to wear eyemakeup. So that might mean she could have been carrying a zipped up makeup bag inside her bag, with maybe plastic bottles of mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss? Maybe even a mirror? They wouldn't degenerate quickly, and a plastic-lined one bag might even float in water, so it would be worth knowing if Brittney carried one, I think. Especially if it was distinctive.

You are right she wore make up a lot. And CW said it was missing but never said if she carried it loose or not. Plus Brittney's red hair straightener was also gone. IDK make model or size as there are many kinds.

Oh dear. That's not very helpful. Do you think CW checked all the places Brittney had recently stayed? In fact, did anyone know where Brittney kept most of her clothes and things, and have they been gathered together now, for safekeeping?

I know the clothes that were removed from the styx river house were given to CW and she put them up she said, plus the other items of Brittney's that were left there. Anywhere Brittney stayed she would leave something behind. So I would bet several of her friends have items of hers.

Oh wow. What a shame one of Brittney's friends didn't step up and go around to all the other friends' houses, tracking down any things. It may be too late now, but might be worth an appeal, at least to see if any of them have her pink or teal bag, or the hair straightener.

Even if the hair straightener is a common model, that might not matter. It would all depend where they were found. If they are in a friend's bedroom, it's established she didn't have them. If they are laying around DH's former home, that would be interesting. And if a pair turn up in the middle of the woods somewhere - that would be highly unusual and might be a strong indication they belong to Brittney, I would have thought.

I suppose it all depends on if a person can rely on CW's information. That's the biggest problem, I think.

A girlfriend is almost sure to know what Brittney's makeup bag looked like, even if her mom doesn't. That's the one thing I think we can be pretty certain she would carry, if she was going to stay anywhere overnight. It may have had a toothbrush in it too - that would be a good source for DNA, I would have thought.

Zwiebel,
These are some good questions you are posting. It's getting us back on track.
Surely, Brittney took make-up and hair items if she had intended to be gone over night.

But how can we trust what CW says about these items? Others could have even lied to CW about finding these items at the Styx house, etc.

Did LE go to the Styx house or to DH's trailer and look around for signs of Brittney for themselves?

But how can we trust what CW says about these items? Others could have even lied to CW about finding these items at the Styx house, etc.

Did LE go to the Styx house or to DH's trailer and look around for signs of Brittney for themselves?

Yes, LE searched the Styx house that's how CW ended up with her clothes and some other things from there. Not sure if LE searched the fairhope home, but CW & RSW said they did and none of the items that are believed to have been with Brittney were @ either location. WWH didn't move into the trailer until after Brittney went missing and Donnie's said suicide.

Oh wow. What a shame one of Brittney's friends didn't step up and go around to all the other friends' houses, tracking down any things. It may be too late now, but might be worth an appeal, at least to see if any of them have her pink or teal bag, or the hair straightener.

Even if the hair straightener is a common model, that might not matter. It would all depend where they were found. If they are in a friend's bedroom, it's established she didn't have them. If they are laying around DH's former home, that would be interesting. And if a pair turn up in the middle of the woods somewhere - that would be highly unusual and might be a strong indication they belong to Brittney, I would have thought.

I suppose it all depends on if a person can rely on CW's information. That's the biggest problem, I think.

Now I did speak to Brittney's friends that she might had stayed with in months of April & May 2012 asking about what Brittney might have left at their homes. None of the items that are said to be with Brittney (straightener, tote bag(s)) were found. I not only talked to the friends I talked to their parents. But you have had me thinking on this a lot last night. And I seem to remember that Brittney carried her make-up loose in her purse or bag what ever she might been carrying at that time. There was also a wallet mentioned in the beginning that Brittney carried one of the hard case type. I will dig through my notes for the specifics of it.

I know the clothes that were removed from the styx river house were given to CW and she put them up she said, plus the other items of Brittney's that were left there. Anywhere Brittney stayed she would leave something behind. So I would bet several of her friends have items of hers.

Wait...what? Wouldn't those items be kept as evidence of some sort?

Omg Steph, I am floored. Of all the times to screw up... Stay strong & keep your dignity. As much as I loathe the circumstance, I totally appreciate the fact that you're the very first to post about it. It makes you actually shine imvho bc if one of us found out & posted it then we might think there was an agenda behind keeping it away. Imo his recent arrest has nothing to do with Brittney's disappearance & you beating us to the punch nixes what would probably have been 25 pages of discussion on it - all of which would be irrelevant & not help find Brittney. :) I mean this as a compliment, nothing derogatory towards you or us here on WS. Maybe he'll get lucky & it'll be thrown out, maybe he can offer payment & service to whomever he took whatever from. Not making excuses for him but thinking thank gosh it wasn't drugs or a DUI or serious fighting...it was over something stupid that he shouldn't have done. He probably feels über small with everybody trying to help his family find Britt & I see him as being apologetic. I hope everything works out for him.

BBM

Now I did speak to Brittney's friends that she might had stayed with in months of April & May 2012 asking about what Brittney might have left at their homes. None of the items that are said to be with Brittney (straightener, tote bag(s)) were found. I not only talked to the friends I talked to their parents. But you have had me thinking on this a lot last night. And I seem to remember that Brittney carried her make-up loose in her purse or bag what ever she might been carrying at that time. There was also a wallet mentioned in the beginning that Brittney carried one of the hard case type. I will dig through my notes for the specifics of it.

That would be another item that it would be excellent to have a detailed description of. I'm basing my opinion on the kind of items the search and rescue professional on Bob's thread has suggested would be useful, in helping to locate him.

Clothing is all very well, (if the original description is accurate) but it can easily get destroyed and dirty, so that colours aren't recognisable. Harder, more durable items stand much more chance of being found, I would think. Even if Brittney carried makeup items loose, if it was something she was known to always have with her it is worth letting anyone searching for her know that, I think.

I'm very glad to hear you spoke to friends and their parents, Steph. You have done so much for Brittney. The kind of hard work that can really make a difference, and shows you really care about getting her home.

Wait...what? Wouldn't those items be kept as evidence of some sort?

I'm guessing that because LE didn't take Brittney's disappearance seriously at first, they didn't see any need to keep anything as evidence.

He is not an informant nor did he get set up. What he took amounted to about $5.00 and thats the problem.

He wasn't thinking. Britt missing has driven him crazy in a sense.

I know it doesn't sound like the charges are a big deal, but there is a part of me that still feels compelled to suggest to you that you not feel compelled to answer any more questions about that incident. I appreciate the candor and honesty, but at the same time, maybe it's better to let that play itself out first. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member