Jaycee's New Attorney

BeenaBobba

Vincit omnia veritas!
Reaction score
It seems that Jaycee has hired an attorney named Shawn Chapman Holley, who has previously represented Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Snoop Dogg, and O.J. Simpson. Holley will also represent Jaycee's daughters, who have waived their right to independent counsel and do not want any contact with PG's lawyer. Good news, huh?

http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/23070260/detail.html

It seems that Jaycee has hired an attorney named Shawn Chapman Holley, who has previously represented Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Snoop Dogg, and O.J. Simpson. Holley will also represent Jaycee's daughters, who have waived their right to independent counsel and do not want any contact with PG's lawyer. Good news, huh?

http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/23070260/detail.html

THANK YOU BeenaBobba..... :blowkiss:

Really good that the girls do not want to talk to scumbags lawyer. and are in JC's camp. :)
According to court records, Shawn Chapman Holley,
of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert,
represents both Dugard and her children.

:balloons: JC GOT A LAWYER!!! :) :cool: :balloons: JC GOT A LAWYER!!! :) :cool:

Now lets go check HER out.....:) http://www.kwikalaw.com/sholley
I did not find much...But entertainers...Seems like she is a show biz lawyer.
so I am not so sure what to think yet.

im back! and perfect timing............take that philly boy!!!!!!!!!!!
i can even glance over the fact that they are representedby oj's lawyer :)

ohhhhhhhhhhh im so happy......

But will this change in attorney mean a delay to the April 15th hearing?

I think the court will want to establish that that really is the girls wishes and not a descision imposed on them by their mother and/or grandmother, so they may still have to see the court appointed lawyers anyway (that is why the court appointed them in the first place).

As for Marsy's law, that will be interesting since only Jaycee is the victim, not the kids (no charges relating to them have been laid), however, PG is their father and has lived with them all their lives. How will that be resolved? That would be tricky if the court orders some contact with the kids but also imposes a protective order for Jaycee.

The other thing is that since PG hasn't been convicted yet, presumably not all of his parental rights have been severed. I expect that his lawyer will be pushing on that aspect as well. That raises the question - if that is a civil matter and I'm presuming the public defenders office wouldn't be obliged to pursue that, does he need a second lawyer? It is hard to imagine that a lawyer would step up to represent him on the civil matter.

April 15 should be an interesting day. Or maybe they will just put it off for another month while they think about it.

In one way the appointment of Holley does address the primary issue - it provides PG's lawyer with a means of contacting Jaycee indirectly through her lawyer on civil issues, so from the courts point of view the problem may be solved.

i assume the april 15th hearinng is still on.

i still dont trust the judge

But will this change in attorney mean a delay to the April 15th hearing?

As of right now, the hearing for April 15th hasn't been delayed. In the document filed by Jaycee's lawyer, Holley wrote that she will not be able to attend, but no delays or changes are mentioned. I'd imagine the judge will rule on whether he will allow her to represent the girls. IIRC, the PG/NG telephone calls will be brought up at the hearing as well.

Here's a link to the document filed by Shawn Chapman Holley:

http://www.kcra.com/download/2010/0406/23070157.pdf

Damned glad to hear this news. I consider the question of whether or not they consider PG some kind of benevolent "father figure" to have been resoundingly answered "NO".

That's certainly possible, but it's hard to say based on this alone. It's also possible that they once loved him, though I'd imagine that they are understandably very, very angry now that they know the truth.

Now lets go check HER out.....:) http://www.kwikalaw.com/sholley
I did not find much...But entertainers...Seems like she is a show biz lawyer.
so I am not so sure what to think yet.

I'm usually kind of cynical and suspicious when it comes to so-called "celebrity lawyers," so time will tell. I truly hope she has Jaycee's best interests at heart. So far, so good.

judge better grant the protection orders.

let the two wackos have there phone calls about the 'family' that exists only in there warped minds now.

i do think the girls 'loved him' before all this happened. they didnt know what real family or real love was

judge better grant the protection orders.

Ultimately, I feel pretty certain that it will come to that eventually; however, there may be another hitch if the judge decides that the girls need to verify that they don't want contact with PG or his lawyers with independent lawyers. If they don't, which seems to be the case based on what Holley has written, then the judge will have no choice but to grant the order. I'd say it's just a matter of whether there will be additional hassles involved before he does.

he can verify it with a phone call.

stop wasting jaycee and the girls time with garrido's frivilous motions already.

he can verify it with a phone call.

stop wasting jaycee and the girls time with garrido's frivilous motions already.

True, but do judges generally make phone calls in cases like these? I'm not sure if he'd do that. Either way, I just don't see how he'll be able to refuse the order. I just hope he rules in Jaycee's favor sooner rather than later.

well he seems to want to play games. i think the games are over. time to start serving justice instead of cow towing to these 2 monsters.

One thing we must keep in mind about attorneys is that they are officers of the Court, just as the Judge is. While attorneys in court will regularly challenge the honesty of their opponents' clients and witnesses, they are bound legally and ethically not to commit fraud against the Court by making, or allowing their clients to make, statements that they know are untrue.

If Holley has been properly and officially retained as the attorney for Jaycee and her kids, for the Judge to then call the clients in for questioning is essentially saying that he feels Holley, a fellow officer of the Court, is a liar. Anything is possible once you're in the courtroom, of course, but I would be astounded if a party represented by counsel was summoned to personally appear in front of the Judge to question the terms of the representation absent any evidence of impropriety.

yes but this judge has already shown he has a tendency to 'think outside the box'. he essentially challanged jaycee's rights as a mother as if this was family court when he stated 'teenagers dont always agree with there mother' and also challanged her rights as a victim by essentially saying, her rights to a protection order hinge on her daughters. and then there's the whole thing about letting the two freaks have phone calls..........why so they can get there stories straight?

I am thrilled JC and the girls have an attorney.
I was not worried about them being side tracked by PGs team.
THIS IS AN INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN CASE the entire world is watching it.

She did need her own representation, and I do hope it is good representation.
I was not thinking that she needed an entertainment Lawyer, but maybe she does.
I was thinking that she needs someone who knows how do deal with criminal Law,
because she is certainly dealing with PG a criminal.

I never worried that this case may get hijacked by the judge.

Sort of in response to a previous comment, this is a criminal matter not a domestic matter. I do not think, but could be wrong, that the taxpayers should or will pay for the G's civil matters. In other words, if Mr. G wants to pursue any sort of visitation rights he needs to obtain and pay for his own attorney. I don't think he can or should use his "criminal defense attorney" in any civil actions.

Anyway here is a link to the Sacramento Bee on this topic. . . http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/07/2660489/dugard-attorney.html#mi_rss=Our Region

i dont know why the keep bringing up sleytons lawyer. who cares

If not, and you're still planning to go, I might be able to meet you there.

I'll be there. As we get closer and if you are going, PM me and we can set up how to link up. See ya' there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back