GUILTY FL - Andres Sierra, 2, dies in hot car, Boca Raton, 15 July 2004

I don't understand how you can forgot about your child. When I think about how much that poor baby must have suffured. What an awful way to die. And they are thinking of not pressing charges? I think they need to get a message across. Same thing happened here in NJ a few months ago. Except this poor baby was 3 months old.

My ex is a dentist, and he has a drug problem. I would be curious if this guy was also a user. So many are, since they can write their own prescriptions. You NEVER, EVER, LEAVE a child for any reason ALONE, and in a car. This is so sad. Unbelievable.

Gotta wonder why no charges would be pressed when clearly the dentist would be more aware of the physical dangers for the child.

From December 2004:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...3_1_sierra-plans-son-s-death-doctor-s-license

Six months after Dr. Dennis Sierra accidentally left his 3-year-old son in an SUV, the emotionally devastated Parkland dentist pleaded guilty Tuesday to aggravated manslaughter of a child, saying his son's death will stay with him forever.

Sierra's attorney, Michael Salnick, said the dentist already has endured the worst possible punishment in the loss of his youngest child, Andres, just 12 days shy of the boy's third birthday...

Prosecutors wanted the judge to impose a formal finding of guilt, but a felony conviction could jeopardize Sierra's dentistry license, Salnick said, so he and Sierra decided to ask Palm Beach County Circuit Judge John Hoy if he would withhold the conviction, and the judge agreed. The judge sentenced Sierra to the 10 years of probation and 500 hours of community service that prosecutors sought.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back