Identified! MA - Holden, Skull found in woods, Apr'10 - Tyra Wilkerson

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is already posted.

A jogger found a human skull while running in Holden woods near Boston on Saturday night, myFOXboston.com reported Wednesday.

The skull was removed from the area for examination, as investigators continued to search the woods for further human remains.

Worcester District Attorney (DA) Joseph D. Early, Jr., said, "We're looking for any other human remains that might be in those woods. I anticipate we will have more to say later this week."

Holden Police Chief George R. Sherrill said the force had an old missing person case on file which remains unsolved but declined to discuss the matter further, telegram.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/07/jogger-finds-human-skull-running-boston-woods/?test=latestnews

Outside of Boston is a bit misleading to people who aren't from this state. Holden is west of Worcester so probably about an hour away from Boston by car. I'll be interested to see who police think this person was as there are many possibilities on Doe Network alone. I think, however, we can rule out as being a younger person who was missing as there seems to be an implication that this was an adult. I'm also wondering if this was a person actually from Holden or someone who was suspected to be possibly buried in Holden...

HMG!!!!!! I have missed you...I have been following this story as well and I am looking forward to more information...

Then again if was a child my best bet would be Marlon Santos, the baby missing from Worcester. They thought he might have been found near the reservoir as some items of interest were found there and a tip came in saying the baby's remains might be found there.

Baby Santos on Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1352dmma.html

HMG!!!!!! I have missed you...I have been following this story as well and I am looking forward to more information...

Believe same here! I'm glad to be back.

Police have discovered additional items of interest in this case but will not reveal exactly what those items were: http://www.telegram.com/article/20100409/NEWS/4090516/1101

I suspect the police have an idea who this victim was and are just waiting for further confirmation on the identity before releasing any information. There's a decent amount of missing people of all ages in the area and I'm sure they don't want to get everyone's hopes up for no reason.

I called today and submitted Elizabeth "Toni" Barrett....I will let you all know...

Believe09, as usual, you're amazing with this stuff thanks!

Carbuff, you're so involved with the Beth and Baby Doe case I feel like I know you too. :)

I am so glad they found her....thanks to all who posted on this thread!

I too am glad she was identified. Prayers for Tyra's family, friends and for those investigating the case so justice can be served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back