We've all seen age progression photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfbaynancydrew

Reaction score
I recently came across this art project called "young me, now me" and I am hyptonized by it. It shows kids in the exact same pose now that they're adults. Not only is it entertaining but I found the changes in facial structure absolutely fascinating.

http://www.zefrank.com/youngmenowme/

That's awesome! And some of those guys are pretty great sports - especially the guy in the little red undies and the guy on the potty! TY for the link!

I recently came across this art project called "young me, now me" and I am hyptonized by it. It shows kids in the exact same pose now that they're adults. Not only is it entertaining but I found the changes in facial structure absolutely fascinating.

http://www.zefrank.com/youngmenowme/

Lol, I love the toga one.What's up with that??

Edit- OMG there is one of a toddler wearing noting but a blankie over his privates drinking a bottle on a bed and there he is as a grown up wearing only a towel draped over him and he's drinking wine ROFLMAO.

Sleuthster, LOL, omg, I know, some of them are a real scream :).

What I really noticed was that despite the jawlines changing, the noses getting bigger, more crooked, the hair thinning, etc, the eyes never change. You can look at a picture of a 4 year old and then then at 40 and the eyes are just identical. It helps so much that they're in the exact same pose, it really amplifies it.

I think this is really relevant to picture matching, especially in the wake of Acalas hundreds of unidentified pictures, etc and trying to match them with missing people and paying too much attention to things that might normally change over time and thinking there isn't a match.

It reminds me of the scanning of IDs by the airport safety officers, one of them told me once that they are trained to match up the eyes to the individual in front of them. Everything else is so variable, especially things like hair color, nose shape, etc.

Sleuthster, LOL, omg, I know, some of them are a real scream :).

What I really noticed was that despite the jawlines changing, the noses getting bigger, more crooked, the hair thinning, etc, the eyes never change. You can look at a picture of a 4 year old and then then at 40 and the eyes are just identical. It helps so much that they're in the exact same pose, it really amplifies it.

I think this is really relevant to picture matching, especially in the wake of Acalas hundreds of unidentified pictures, etc and trying to match them with missing people and paying too much attention to things that might normally change over time and thinking there isn't a match.

It reminds me of the scanning of IDs by the airport safety officers, one of them told me once that they are trained to match up the eyes to the individual in front of them. Everything else is so variable, especially things like hair color, nose shape, etc.
Tjhe info about the eyes is good to know. thank you.

Lol, I love the toga one.What's up with that??

Edit- OMG there is one of a toddler wearing noting but a blankie over his privates drinking a bottle on a bed and there he is as a grown up wearing only a towel draped over him and he's drinking wine ROFLMAO.
Too funny!

What has always struck me about these types of photos is how much some people look like themselves as children and how little others do. Facially, at 30 I look exactly like I did at 3. Others, like my mum, you couldn't even tell it's the same kid.

Is that just luck of the draw for some missing people, or can they anticipate that when they do the progressed photos, I wonder?

What has always struck me about these types of photos is how much some people look like themselves as children and how little others do. Facially, at 30 I look exactly like I did at 3. Others, like my mum, you couldn't even tell it's the same kid.

Is that just luck of the draw for some missing people, or can they anticipate that when they do the progressed photos, I wonder?

I just had a thought. Recently my mom ran across some pics of my 3 kids when they were 2, 3 and 5. I was shocked how identical the 2 yr old, my youngest daughter (who is now 29) looked like her now 3 yr old daughter. They looked like identical twins. (Does that mean my 3 yr old grand daughter will look like her mother when shes older? I hope so!)
I wonder if, when they do age progression they ever ask for pics of other siblings or family members (parents, grandparents) to assist in the picture for age progression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77