GUILTY VA - Timothy Davis, 27, shot to death on Blue Ridge Parkway, 5 April 2010

lizzybeth

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been posted. I did look, but didn't see it.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/virginia/suspect-arrested-in-blue-ridge-shooting

A 56-year-old mechanic was arrested Wednesday in the shootings of two people at a scenic overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, Augusta County Sheriff Randy Fisher said. Ralph Leon Jackson was taken into custody without incident at his home in the county after authorities received a Crime Stoppers tip, the sheriff said at a news conference. Officers from several agencies moved in after staking out the house for nearly 12 hours, Fisher said, and they recovered a shotgun they believe was used in the Monday evening shootings.

According to the sheriff, there is no immediate indication that the shootings are connected to the unsolved slayings of two Virginia Tech students in the Jefferson National Forest last August. Heidi Childs and David Metzler were shot to death in August while parked at a campground.

They may be saying they aren't connected but it seems too much of a coincidence to me.

I apologize if this has already been posted. I did look, but didn't see it.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/virginia/suspect-arrested-in-blue-ridge-shooting

A 56-year-old mechanic was arrested Wednesday in the shootings of two people at a scenic overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, Augusta County Sheriff Randy Fisher said. Ralph Leon Jackson was taken into custody without incident at his home in the county after authorities received a Crime Stoppers tip, the sheriff said at a news conference. Officers from several agencies moved in after staking out the house for nearly 12 hours, Fisher said, and they recovered a shotgun they believe was used in the Monday evening shootings.

According to the sheriff, there is no immediate indication that the shootings are connected to the unsolved slayings of two Virginia Tech students in the Jefferson National Forest last August. Heidi Childs and David Metzler were shot to death in August while parked at a campground.

They may be saying they aren't connected but it seems too much of a coincidence to me.

I am so glad this man was caught. No one was safe up there until he was captured.

I think LE at first always states the same thing but they will now begin in earnest to see if they are connected.

Were the VT students also murdered with a shotgun?

If so they will not connect the two until they do forensic testing on the firearm seized.

It does seem similar to me though. Both groups were enjoying nature and fully aware that the predator was nearby.

They say he is a mechanic so if he was gainfully employed all this time they will go back and pull his records to see when he was at work and when he wasnt.

How far apart from the two different crime scenes is it?

imo

I'd say about 2 hrs. maybe less, depending on if you drove the interstate - time of day and how fast you drive.

I'm so very glad he was caught, now I'm just waiting for him to use the insanity defense. Grrrr

This happened where I live. The news is reporting the young man that was shot has died.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/90395634.html

April 9, 2010

Tim Davis, the WNRN DJ who was shot Monday night on the Blue Ridge Parkway, has died, according to the University of Virginia Medical Center.

Davis and a friend, Christina Floyd, were allegedly shot by Ralph Leon Jackson of Stuarts Draft. After being shot, Davis fell 150 feet off the Rock Point Overlook.

Davis, 27, had been unconscious since the shooting. Floyd, 18, was reportedly released from the hospital on Friday.

Authorities arrested Jackson at his home on Wednesday afternoon.

Oops.

Correction on my previous post (#2) upthread.

"It does seem similar to me though. Both groups were enjoying nature and fully aware that the predator was nearby."

I meant to write "and fully unaware"

Sorry.

imo

Link

Parkway murder suspect blames male enhancement pills

The Roanoke Times
© May 1, 2010

The man charged with shotgunning two strangers at a Blue Ridge Parkway overlook blamed male enhancement pills for "fuzzy" thinking, a federal investigator said in a court affidavit.

Ok, let's get 'em outta da way now.

He's gonna need a stiff defense.
He's gonna do hard time.
He was only caught because the dicks (slang for detective) were on his case.
I hope the judge isn't soft on him.
Sounds like a *advertiser censored* and bull defense strategy.
Hopefully the prosecution doesn't suck.
If he claims that this made him kill people at an overlook shouldn't there be murders every day at Viagara Falls?

Fuzzy thinking? That excuse is a bit hard to swallow.

Link

Parkway murder suspect blames male enhancement pills

The Roanoke Times
© May 1, 2010

The man charged with shotgunning two strangers at a Blue Ridge Parkway overlook blamed male enhancement pills for "fuzzy" thinking, a federal investigator said in a court affidavit.

Ok, let's get 'em outta da way now.

He's gonna need a stiff defense.
He's gonna do hard time.
He was only caught because the dicks (slang for detective) were on his case.
I hope the judge isn't soft on him.
Sounds like a *advertiser censored* and bull defense strategy.
Hopefully the prosecution doesn't suck.
If he claims that this made him kill people at an overlook shouldn't there be murders every day at Viagara Falls?

He claims that the DA just has a hard on against him?
He hoped that the laws just want to stick it to the "little" man.
He was just looking for a "stiff one."
He was thinking with the wrong head.
The warning stated to only seek help if the errection lasted more then 4 hours, it had only been 3.

I thought I was shooting "blanks"?
He went off "half cocked".
Two heads are better then one?
All that meat and no potatoes.

I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole. ;)

From March 2011:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvi...cle_ae549e63-d11e-57df-9a01-f3fb0f5f8bc3.html

Almost a year after Timothy Davis was killed, Leticia Davis watched in U.S. District Court in Harrisonburg on Wednesday as her son’s killer pleaded guilty.

Ralph Leon Jackson, a quiet 57-year-old mechanic from Stuarts Draft, will spend the rest of his life in prison. A federal judge convicted him of the murder of Davis, attempted murder of Christina S. Floyd, 19, and two firearm charges...

Authorities said they still can’t find a reason for Jackson’s seemingly random attack. “We’ve looked at this thing inside and out,” said Augusta County Sheriff Randy Fisher. “We couldn’t find an explanation.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back