GUILTY OH - Angel Bradley-Crockett, 28, abducted & murdered, Cleveland, 4 April 2010

mywarmbluefleece

Reaction score
This is really sad. Cleveland 911 operators recieved several calls Monday morning about a body on the side of the highway. The dispatchers sent police to the area, who drove by at 40 mph and determined the body was a deer carcass. The dispatchers sent ODOT to pick up the dead deer, but it took ODOT insisting it was a dead body to get police officers to take a second look. http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/04/cleveland_police_officials_say.html

This happened just after a task force meeting about how to better handle victims of sexual assault, as Anthony Sowell was from Cleveland and one of his victims made a report and nothing was done.

This is the same police force that did nothing when a neighbor saw a 25 year old man being beaten with a baseball bat and thrown into a pickup truck. The man was later found dead.

I understand mistakes happen and that the two police officers involved in the latest incident do feel a great deal of remorse. I can understand why.I know mistakes happen, but it seems that the police department in Cleveland has lost respect for human life. :( I do think, for the most part, police officers do a great job helping the area they patrol and I respect them totally. It's sad a few bad apples ruin the reputation.

Rest in peace, Angel Bradley-Crockett. Heaven will be a lot better than the life you had on earth. :innocent:

This is so sad, what I would like to know, is why the officers didn't get out of the car for a better look, than just doing a quick drive by?

If they were so lazy that they couldn't be bothered to get out of the car, they could have at least slowed down and looked properly. Without actually wasting any of their energy, of course, by say rolling down the window. <sarc> Exactly what did they expect to see at 40-50 mph? Jeesh.

This is so sad, what I would like to know, is why the officers didn't get out of the car for a better look, than just doing a quick drive by?

Yes - why didn't they? Wouldn't that be standard operating procedure? Someone calls in a body - LE checks it out. That's the way its supposed to work!

:furious:

Salem

ummmmmm how the heck do you mistake a woman for a deer, i dont care how bad a look you got.

Wait - even if it were a deer carcass, don't they have someone on the city payroll to clean those up, as well? I think they do here. :waitasec:

Wait - even if it were a deer carcass, don't they have someone on the city payroll to clean those up, as well? I think they do here. :waitasec:

They sent out ODOT to get the deer carcass because Cleveland doesn't have the need to have dead deer pick up guys since there typically aren't deer running through the inner city. ODOT was the ones who told police it was a deer. Also, one of the first calls to report the body was an ODOT worker but I guess they weren't taken seriously.

lazy........cant let anything stop there 45 minute dinner break i guess.

They sent out ODOT to get the deer carcass because Cleveland doesn't have the need to have dead deer pick up guys since there typically aren't deer running through the inner city. ODOT was the ones who told police it was a deer. Also, one of the first calls to report the body was an ODOT worker but I guess they weren't taken seriously.

Whoops - I get an F on careful reading today. I shall blame the toddler that was crawling over me at the time. :blush:

I've never seen a dead body (except at funerals), but I have seen a few dead deer. How possibly could someone mistake the two?

Prayers to Angel's loved ones. I hope they find her killer soon.

Whoops - I get an F on careful reading today. I shall blame the toddler that was crawling over me at the time. :blush:

O/T: When in doubt, just blame the kids. Sounds good to me!:) :blowkiss:

O/T: When in doubt, just blame the kids. Sounds good to me!:) :blowkiss:

I think it's valid, when one is trying to balance on your head and you are reading between flailing baby limbs. :crazy:

these are cops though, they are trained to cipher the diffrence.

Wow. Not one but THREE 911 calls plus an ODOT worker to get them to look.

And why aren't they listing a name or description of the boyfriend they're after, if he's the suspect??

I hate to pass judgement...but JEEZ, Cleveland!!

Unfortunately, according to the newspaper for Cleveland, the woman was black and she was naked. Perhaps a white woman would have been mistaken for a polar bear? At 40 mph, it's hard to tell much of anything. However, I hear lots of similar stuff on my local scanner. It's not just Cleveland LE.

No charges yet for cops who thought body was a deer

CLEVELAND - No charges have been filed yet in the matter of the officers who believed a young woman’s body found along Interstate 90 was instead a deer.

The city prosecutor has determined this is a matter of police performance and not a violation of criminal law.

Now, the matter will proceed to the department of public safety for an administrative review.

more here

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/no-charges-yet-for-cops-who-thought-body-was-a-deer

How incredibly sad, and scary for citizens of Cleveland. How can you feel safe when your LE refuses to investigate without being forced into it?

It is becoming an every day event to see LE who are not fit to have a badge. This type of individual does not need to be entrusted with the safety and protection of people, period. They are most probably on the criminal side of the fence to begin with. Prosecute them and get them the he&& out of law enforcement.

I'm so glad they caught the ones responsible.
According to the article, he had killed a boyfriend of his Aunt when he was a juvenile.
Whoever the friend is who called the police after finding blood in the van sure did the right thing!
I'm wondering if they planned the minor accident as a way to lure her. So sad and tragic for her family!

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back