CA - Pitbulls chew off baby's scrotum while mom visits boyfriend

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Dogs Chew Off 6-Month-Old Baby's Testicles in California

Friday, April 09, 2010

A 6-month-old baby had his testicles chewed off by two large dogs while he was left strapped in his baby carrier alone in a California apartment, CBS2.com reported Thursday.

Carrie McKinney, 22, was visiting her boyfriend Doug Ritchey’s apartment and left her son in his car seat on the floor. After leaving the room, Ritchey’s two pit bulls tore through the baby’s diaper and chewed off his scrotum.

Police said the baby was taken to a local hospital and then to Loma Linda University Medical Center for surgery—but they were unsuccessful in trying to save his testicles.

McKinney could face charges of criminal neglect, and has lost custody of her son temporarily to Child Protective Services. Both pit bulls are scheduled to be euthanized.

There should be no temporary loss of custody on this one. Why the hell do you leave a child on the floor with two pit bulls in the house?

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Click here to read more from CBS2.com

OMG !! This poor child , she is real lucky he is still alive .... What in the he** were they doing that she left him alone ? I just can't believe this , I just can't believe this !

So... Can we strap Mommy-Dearest down to a chair and let the same dogs chomp out her ovaries??? That seems almost fair to me... At least then she wouldn't be able to have any more children and subject them to this kind of never-ending terror.

Sorry... I think I am just in "a mood" today...

'temporarry' what? she left her 6 month baby alone with two pit bulls while she went out and....

permaent loss of custody should be the least of her problmes :(

awww that poor baby :snooty:

I can't stand mom's that put a man before their childrens well being. I hope she never regains custody! Its shocking she left her baby alone & with 2 dogs..... That poor baby is going to have to live with her dumbass mistake for the rest of his life.

I HOPE THAT MAN WAS WORTH IT STUPID :furious:

awww that poor baby :snooty:

I can't stand mom's that put a man before their childrens well being. I hope she never regains custody! Its shocking she left her baby alone & with 2 dogs..... That poor baby is going to have to live with her dumbass mistake for the rest of his life.

I HOPE THAT MAN WAS WORTH IT STUPID :furious:

Agreed! And if I hear one more "moron" say -- Oh, my pit bull is soooo sweet, would never hurt a fly. This just goes to show. No, I don't want to start a pit bull debate, but let me tell ya, babies and pit bulls do not mix. Did the evil dogs get put down? I hope so.

As far as custody, she should lose it permantly!

MOO

Mel

Just how high was this momster that she didn't hear what I can only assume were screams coming from this child??

Yeah people like that tick me off too. I'm really over protective. I don't trust ANY DOG! Some of the nastiest ones I have came across aren't even the big ones.

Oh for cryin out loud. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I swear, you need a license to drive, I sometimes wish there was such a thing as a license to practice parenting. This is just so sad, and so preventable. I mean sheesh.

:furious::furious::furious: WTH??!!!!!

She should be euthanized right along with those savage mutts of hers. Good lord.

Would a dog be especially prone to tear off a diaper and chew a baby's diaper area? Just makes me a little suspicious when I hear of a supposed dog attack that happens in this manner. Wouldn't a vicious dog just attack the face, hands, or legs rather than targeting in on one specific area of anatomy that must have clothes/coverings torn off to get to? The article doesn't say if the baby had any other injuries.

Would a dog be especially prone to tear off a diaper and chew a baby's diaper area? Just makes me a little suspicious when I hear of a supposed dog attack that happens in this manner. Wouldn't a vicious dog just attack the face, hands, or legs rather than targeting in on one specific area of anatomy that must have clothes/coverings torn off to get to? The article doesn't say if the baby had any other injuries.

Not if the child's dipaer was soiled. Dogs enjoy poop. Simple fact. When my kids were in diapers I had to get a heavy duty garbage can with tight lid to keep the dogs from eating the poo diapers and spreading them about the house. Dogs can be kinda nasty in that way.

Not if the child's dipaer was soiled. Dogs enjoy poop. Simple fact. When my kids were in diapers I had to get a heavy duty garbage can with tight lid to keep the dogs from eating the poo diapers and spreading them about the house. Dogs can be kinda nasty in that way.

That's true. I've had firsthand experience with poop-eating dogs myself, although it's been a few years. I guess I just never heard of a dog tearing off a child's diaper to get at it.

There have been a few cases where a baby's genitals or other body parts were supposedly removed by a dog. Later it was determined that it was human caused and the dogs were used as scapegoats. I don't have enough information on this case to say that happened here.

well i dont care if it was actually the dogs or the woman, what happened is the womans fault either way. but im afraid if it was just neglect rather then an overt act, she's gonna skate on this.

I am sorry, some breed's just should not be allowed to exist. THAT aside...I do not leave my grands alone with the cat, let alone the dog. And I just have a Jack Russel. We had a chow chow for 14 years that was the MOST gentle dog, but I still never left the kids alone!

Are you ready for this !!!!! :furious::furious:

Dog-attack victim mom had lost two other children

A 22-year-old mother, whose infant son's testicles were severed when two dogs attacked him as he lay unattended in a baby carrier at a Murrieta apartment last weekend, had lost custody of her other two children in 2008, authorities said.

Now, in light of the attack, San Diego County child protective services has obtained a court order to take the infant away from the mother, who is identified as Carrie McKinney, of Point Loma, said Murrieta police Sgt. Jim Ganley.

Reached by phone Thursday, McKinney declined to comment.

McKinney told police that she was at her friend's apartment on Arboretum Way about 10 a.m. Saturday getting dressed to go out when the attack happened. Her friend was in the shower upstairs and her 6-month-old son was downstairs on the floor.

According to McKinney, the baby was in the carrier for a total of 10 minutes before the attack, Ganley said. She checked on the baby once and he was fine, but about three minutes later heard screaming and rushed to the room to find that one or both of her friend's dogs -- a 5-year-old female pit bull and an 8-month-old pit bull mix -- had ripped off the baby's diaper and bitten him in the groin area.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_sattack09.48caced.html

Are you ready for this !!!!! :furious::furious:

Dog-attack victim mom had lost two other children

A 22-year-old mother, whose infant son's testicles were severed when two dogs attacked him as he lay unattended in a baby carrier at a Murrieta apartment last weekend, had lost custody of her other two children in 2008, authorities said.

Now, in light of the attack, San Diego County child protective services has obtained a court order to take the infant away from the mother, who is identified as Carrie McKinney, of Point Loma, said Murrieta police Sgt. Jim Ganley.

Reached by phone Thursday, McKinney declined to comment.

McKinney told police that she was at her friend's apartment on Arboretum Way about 10 a.m. Saturday getting dressed to go out when the attack happened. Her friend was in the shower upstairs and her 6-month-old son was downstairs on the floor.

According to McKinney, the baby was in the carrier for a total of 10 minutes before the attack, Ganley said. She checked on the baby once and he was fine, but about three minutes later heard screaming and rushed to the room to find that one or both of her friend's dogs -- a 5-year-old female pit bull and an 8-month-old pit bull mix -- had ripped off the baby's diaper and bitten him in the groin area.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_sattack09.48caced.html

Sterilize her. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow