Deceased/Not Found TN - Marsha Brantley, 51, Cleveland, May 2009 *Arrest*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/missing-990270-search-tbi.html

TBI Search For Missing Woman
April 09, 2010 5:04 PM

The TBI issued a request seeking the public's help in finding Marsha Ellen Brantley. The 51 year old woman has not been seen nor heard from since late May or early June last year, according to the T-B-I. She's approximately 5'8", weighs 125 llbs, a white female and has light brown hair and blue eyes.

A unique facet of this case is the fact she wasn't reported missing until this past November, even though she hasn't been seen or heard from in almost a year.

l0msax-marshabrantley.jpg

TBI agents need help in solving this case. Her husband's name is Donnie Brantley and the couple has been married for approximately 10 years. Donnie Brantley is a member of the Honda Bicycle Team and is also a handyman contractor, according to research I have done.
Marsh is a writer and helped establish the Thunder Rock Writer's Guild and Web site. She is also a member of the Chattanooga Writer's Guild and worked at Lee University here in Cleveland, Tn.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I can be reached at greg.kaylor@clevelandbanner.com or policereportercdb@yahoo.com.

Says she lives with her husband. Why didn't he report her missing? TALK ABOUT HINKY METERS!!!!!

There is so much information that is missing.
She disappears about 11 months ago.
She is reported missing in Nov. by a friend.
The friend either asks a lawyer about her missing friend
or goes to the lawyer only to ask about missing friend.

Questions:
Last date seen.
Late time talked with.
Cell phone records.
Her bank account, if seperate.
Does she have children?
Where is her family?
What about her writing friends?
Does she have her own car?
Is it missing too?

Who worked and where?
Did Marsha make enough from writing to
pay the necessities?
Did her husband make enough from his handyman
work to pay for everything?

If they were going to divorce, had she filed for divorce yet?
Was this their first marriage?

A lot of questions ...unanswered.

It sure does not sound good.
Missing all this long time and no one has seen her.

I hope the police search her home and yard and neighborhood
and car thoroughly.

This doesn't sound good. Who wouldn't report their spouse missing??

From reading Marsha's blog I have determined:

- She doesn't have any children and both of her parents are deceased. I see no mention of any siblings or other relatives.
- Her last blog post was May 10, 2009. There was a long gap after her previous post. (She used to post at least once a week and usually every few days. Although through February she only posted a couple of times.)
- Her previous post was March 31. This was her 9th wedding anniversary and she mentions how much she loves Donnie.
- Donnie does a fair amount of bicycle racing and goes out for long training rides. Marsha mentions how proud she is of him on a number of occasions.
- Donnie has a young granddaughter in Georgia...so he has at least one child.
- Marsha seems to lead a very quiet lifestyle. She loves going to bookstores. She spends time writing. She goes to writers' conferences from time to time. She does a lot of walking.
- Marsha and Donnie have (still?) an RV. They like camping up in the mountains (she mentions Townsend a couple of times). Marsha joked that she could tell people that they have a 'second home' in the country.
- Marsha describes her strong points as: loves fiercely, loyal, curious, writes good dialogue, charitable and knows she has strong points.

All in all, I don't know Marsha, however after reading her blog I suspect I would like her if I got to know her.

I hope you're safe, Marsha!

This poor woman...it hits me hard, as I am so much like her...I fear that if I went missing and my husband for some reason did not report me, i might go unnoticed a long time, except my sisters in TX woluld miss the e-mails...but I am a writer, hardly ever go out except to various medical appointments and barely see my friends anymore and also am nuts about animals. But WHY wouldn't her husband report her missing? If she is writing about how much she loves him, why did another post talk about a possible divorce action? Do we know this to be true? It is very confusing and sad and I feel she must be dead and am very sad for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back