Don't fall asleep on an Air Canada Flight. You could wake up in a hangar!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Sleeping Airline Passenger Wakes Up in Hangar

NewsCore

A British teacher who fell asleep on a plane woke up to discover he was in an empty hangar after bungling cabin crew failed to spot he was still on board.

A British teacher who fell asleep on a plane woke up to discover he was in an empty hangar after bungling cabin crew failed to spot he was still on board, The Sun reported Friday.

Sleepy Kris Lines, 31, nodded off during a long-haul flight from London to Vancouver with Air Canada last month.

But staff failed to notice he was still asleep when they emptied the plane.

It was not until an hour and a half later that he felt a tap on his shoulder -- not from an air steward or fellow passenger, but a baffled mechanic.

In a panic, the sports law lecturer went to grab his bags, thinking he just fell behind the other passengers exiting the plane.

But the mechanic quipped: "Don't worry, chill out and take all the time you want. The flight landed an hour and a half ago."

Lines, from Solihull, central England, said: "He was as surprised to see me as I was to be there. It was quite a shock, to say the least.

"I'm quite a heavy sleeper and I'd been awake for 24 hours, so as soon as I dropped off I was out for the count.

"After showing my boarding pass in the office, I was allowed through to get my bag, which was luckily still there."

Lines sent a complaint to Air Canada and got an email back from customer services, apologizing and promising him 20 percent off his next flight.

"This kind of thing has never happened before," the airline said.

I wish I could sleep that deeply on a plane! :crazy:

He's lucky a mechanic found him. Can you imagine waking up in a completely empty dark hangar? :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back