2010.04.09 Appearance of Suburban Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZsaZsa

Reaction score
Here is an update from Marinade Dave as to what the site looks like today.
You can see how standing water collects everywhere and how dense the vegetation. Given the limitations of his camera, it gives some very good perspective.
http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/

Here is an update from Marinade Dave as to what the site looks like today.
You can see how standing water collects everywhere and how dense the vegetation. Given the limitations of his camera, it gives some very good perspective.
http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/

Yes I watched that video. I am not sure why he went into the woods on the other end of suburban other than to mislead people about the steepness of the grade. He showed water several times on the way to the site, but once to his opinion of the site location, there was no water. He was totally confused as to where Rk entered the woods. I noted the spot he pointed out that he said was the location of the skull, you could see clearly from the street. I appreciate his effort to give us a view of the current crime scene, but I really wish he would have stuck to the facts and not film a complete different location to find water and grade steepness. MOO

Very interesting video. I liked the way he started near the school
and narrated as he walked his way to the remains site. By doing that it showed how dense the vegetation is in the area near the school, where LE hadn't cleared when Caylee was found. The video showed water in all of the low areas. And this is April not June, July, August. When he got to the remains site, there wasn't as much vegetation - this area was cleared out to below surface level by LE when Caylee was found. There was a stack of limbs, as if someone had been clearing the area recently.

Friday, December 12, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/images/478761/0_63_320_121108_greta_caylee_scene.jpg

Crime Scene Photos
Slideshow - #8 good shot of along street to compare with video
http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18311691/detail.html

Thanks for posting this.

He showed us the steepness of the area nearby, which allows us to see where the water is now and how it can rise in that area. It's very low in some parts. That water obviously rises there every summer when there are heavy and constant rainfalls.

The clearing of the woods was caused by the freezes of this past winter. All of the south experienced unusually cold weather this year and our yards and gardens look at lot like those woods, lots of dead vegetation. Also, I'm sure LE did a fine job of clearing the area when they searched for the child's scattered remains, plus JB's crew went in after, and later the spectators had to roam the area, plus all the people placing things on Caylee's gravesite must have helped kill any green stuff growing in that area over the last year.

I thought it a rather informative video - although I have to admit, all the movement didn't help my problem with motion sickness!

He says he will go back later, so that's good.

Wasn't that area near the school where the dogs had gone into the water????

Until the area was cleared there was just a massive wall of air potato vines growing from the ground to the tops of the trees. The vines are from the Kudzu family and grow almost as quickly. The vines are dead now due to the cold weather. The remains area could not be seen from the roadway until LE cleared it. When Dave goes back and films in the summer you may better understand how jungle like and impenetrable that area really was at the time.

Yes I watched that video. I am not sure why he went into the woods on the other end of suburban other than to mislead people about the steepness of the grade. He showed water several times on the way to the site, but once to his opinion of the site location, there was no water. He was totally confused as to where Rk entered the woods. I noted the spot he pointed out that he said was the location of the skull, you could see clearly from the street. I appreciate his effort to give us a view of the current crime scene, but I really wish he would have stuck to the facts and not film a complete different location to find water and grade steepness. MOO

I have read enough of MarinadeDave's posts to be sure that HE is not the one trying to mislead people. He has been interested in nothing but justice for Caylee since day One, and devotes a huge amount of time to that effort. He tried to give a Panoramic view of the scene, and since his camera is not able to do that, he walked the street to give a wider view of the landscape and vegetation. You can see the steepness of the location so much better than on still photos.
It is sad that people who try to help with this case get criticized and sneered at for doing so, but it has become the norm for those trying to defend KC.

While reading the comments on this blog, I came across something interesting. One commenter writes in part:

"A friend who works with the SAO texted me earlier with some wonderful news. CINDY ANTHONY IS (AND HAS BEEN) THE FOCUS OF A SEPARATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!!! Who knows what may become of this, but IT IS ON. She and her merry band of THUGS are being looked regarding lying to authorities, manufacturing false evidence, falsifying documents, tampering/destroying of evidence, witness tampering, misleading investigators, abuse of LE time/resources and overall obstruction of justice!!"

Of course, I don't know know how much (if any) truth there is to this but I'm still hoping.

The mattress comment was quite funny. I have my moments of being one who "tries to defend KC"....and even I laughed. I have a feeling it would be fun to have Marinade Dave over for dinnner. He cares about Caylee...and is he not mean spirited in any way. Maybe we'd marinade something.

The mattress comment was quite funny. I have my moments of being one who "tries to defend KC"....and even I laughed. I have a feeling it would be fun to have Marinade Dave over for dinnner. He cares about Caylee...and is he not mean spirited in any way. Maybe we'd marinade something.

There is a difference in trying to defend KC with valid concerns and trying to defend her by discrediting anyone who attempts to bring light to the subject- by stating they are misleading the audience. I haven't seen you do the latter..:innocent:

Gee I feel silly for even asking this question after how long I've read these threads and how much discussion I've seen regarding KC's tales, but....did I hear him right? The two people that live closest to that site, one has the last name Gonzalez and the neighbor next to him has the first name Zenaida?

I'm not sure I ever heard that before. Very interesting. :waitasec:

Gee I feel silly for even asking this question after how long I've read these threads and how much discussion I've seen regarding KC's tales, but....did I hear him right? The two people that live closest to that site, one has the last name Gonzalez and the neighbor next to him has the first name Zenaida?

I'm not sure I ever heard that before. Very interesting. :waitasec:

Yep, you heard correctly. Here's one of the discussions I found:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77867&highlight=hernandez+house

And to make it more interesting, quote KC "I left her with ZFG between 9 and 1."

F. (first name sounds similar to Fernandez) Gonzales @ 4701 Hopespring
Zenaida A. @ 4709 Hopespring

Sorry that is no coinky dink. Nope, never get me to believe it. jmo

I am thinking maybe to show what searchers were faced with TM.
They didn't even know where to look so they took the whole site into consideration. If they would have known the exact spot maybe the search would have been a success but being they didn't the overall area was taken into consideration. I saw a yellow flower in the video and I remember a conversation from the start of the yellow flowers.
I wonder if LE found any cell phones during the recovery.
Very interesting video for those of us who don't live in FL.

And to make it more interesting, quote KC "I left her with ZFG between 9 and 1."

F. (first name sounds similar to Fernandez) Gonzales @ 4701 Hopespring
Zenaida A. @ 4709 Hopespring

Sorry that is no coinky dink. Nope, never get me to believe it. jmo

That reminds me of the jail house video When KC says she is close to Home(Hope)
I kept listening over and over and over again, to me it sounds like Hope. What a mystery.

I am thinking maybe to show what searchers were faced with TM.
They didn't even know where to look so they took the whole site into consideration. If they would have known the exact spot maybe the search would have been a success but being they didn't the overall area was taken into consideration. I saw a yellow flower in the video and I remember a conversation from the start of the yellow flowers.
I wonder if LE found any cell phones during the recovery.
Very interesting video for those of us who don't live in FL.

Respectfully BBM, luvmygarden. You are so right! On my trip back home, after the big search, I remember feeling very defeated. I kept recalling how I had to use my GPS just to find my way around Orlando and that there was such a huge choice of areas in which Caylee could be hidden. Even 8,000 eyes couldn't begin to cover all the places! It was overwhelming!!

Now, with what we know, I still find it next to a miracle that she was ever found. Even narrowing the area down to Suburban Drive could have taken forever to thoroughly search with no guarantee of successful results. We can see from the photos that it was hugely overgrown with masses of vines and undergrowth ~ not to mention the standing water. And the comparison of the sizes of her sweet, innocent, tiny scattered bones to the size of the areas she could have been hidden in is astounding.

Thank you for the good reminder of the importance of perspectives!

I'm not gonna even try to explain the video and the area, etc.....and this is ONLY meant in good natured fun....but, did you ever consider changing your name to "marymaryquitecontrary" ???? :blowkiss:

While reading the comments on this blog, I came across something interesting. One commenter writes in part:

"A friend who works with the SAO texted me earlier with some wonderful news. CINDY ANTHONY IS (AND HAS BEEN) THE FOCUS OF A SEPARATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!!! Who knows what may become of this, but IT IS ON. She and her merry band of THUGS are being looked regarding lying to authorities, manufacturing false evidence, falsifying documents, tampering/destroying of evidence, witness tampering, misleading investigators, abuse of LE time/resources and overall obstruction of justice!!"

Of course, I don't know know how much (if any) truth there is to this but I'm still hoping.
bbm.
When you say "this blog" are you talking about Websleuths?
What date was that posted? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member