GUILTY TX - Julian Soliz, 5, beaten to death, Austin, 10 April 2010

It was a little boy. Still no more info.

wow this one is a bit confusing....the dad left his kids with his girlfriend for a week......I wonder if he went out of town to work......

if it wasnt her she might have had someone over or a party or something.....

all in all very very sad.....again

wow this one is a bit confusing....the dad left his kids with his girlfriend for a week......I wonder if he went out of town to work......

if it wasnt her she might have had someone over or a party or something.....

all in all very very sad.....again

Yes, at first I couldn't figure out if he meant she babysat one day a week ago, but the boy had been with him since...or that he left the boy with her all week and hasn't called (!), which seems to be the case because the person who reported the boy missing was female. Where was dad?

Family and friends held a candlelight vigil Sunday for a 5-year-old child who was found dead in North Austin over the weekend.

His body was found about a mile from his home after he went missing Saturday morning.

According to Adam Enriquez, a family friend, the child’s name was Julian Soliz.

"The kid is full of life, you what I mean? You couldn’t get any better man," Enriquez said. "The little kid would always come in my shop and always know everybody, come in and talk to everybody, how you doing, dance. He didn't care."

Not much is known about what happened to Julian.

His body was found in the grass near Wells Port Drive and Wells Port Cove several hours after his caretaker called authorities.

Snipped from http://news8austin.com/content/top_...tances-still-uncertain-in-death-of-5-year-old

A five year old reported missing Saturday morning was found just 3 hours later, deceased.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/central-texas-digest-body-of-missing-child-5-549270.html

If he/she was missing since 5:30am, why was a report not made untili 7:00??

This is in my area. Poor little bit.

Snip below from the first (and only) story at the time I read on Saturday.

Police said the caretaker told them she went on an almost two hour search looking for the child before calling police.

Authorities did conduct their own search, but it ended around 10:00 a.m. when dispatched received a call that a child's body was found near Wells Port Drive and Wells Port Cove lying in the grass. Deputies verified the body was that of the missing child.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/kxan-missing-child-found-dead

Looking for him for nearly 2 hours doesn't change the fact she should have called 911 immediately, IMO.

A local TV station (apologies but don't recall which one I was watching) reported little Julian was found by a woman pushing a baby in a stroller. :(

For those unfamiliar w/ this area, it is what IMO is a "nice" middle-class area that's in an unincorporated area of the county, even tho it is referred to as Austin (Austin addresses & phone numbers) & isn't rural at all..[ETA: it's also referred to as Wells Branch]...we have friends who live off Shoreline & one of our favorite hangouts for happy hour is just a few blocks from there.

DBF & I were house/dog-sitting over the weekend just blocks from Wells Port where he was found....I'd stayed up til the wee hours Saturday morning watching the Nadia Bloom thread for news of her search.....It was very sad to find out later that while I was up waiting to hear about what happened to Nadia that something terrible (apparently) happened to a little one so close to where we were. :(

We went out to breakfast Sunday a.m. & the locals were talking about it...it's very shocking & sad to all of us here.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/father-of-boy,-5-found-dead-speaks-out

Dozens of family members and friends of Julian Soliz, 5, who was found dead Saturday morning in North Travis County, held a vigil in the parking lot of Soila's Salon in South Austin Sunday night.
Many of them too upset to talk on camera, but the boy's father broke his silence.
"I want to know how my son died," said Ivan Soliz, Julian's father. "He is 5 years old, he didn't deserve nothing like that."
"I want the individual who did this to my grandbaby to be found," said Leonard Smith, Julian's grandfather, while he tried to choke back tears.
Julian Soliz, 5, was found dead in a grassy patch near the intersection of Wells Port Cove and Wells Port Drive Saturday morning.
Julian went missing from The Estates at Shoreline apartment complex where he lived with his father and father's girlfriend, along with his two younger siblings, a few hours earlier.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...010/04/12/family_of_dead_boy_may_get_ans.html

Family members of a 5-year-old boy found dead Saturday may get answers as early as today from the medical examiner’s office as to why the child died.
A medical exam of the child’s body was under way this weekend following the discovery of Julian Solis in a grassy spot located about two miles from the North Austin apartments, The Estates of Shoreline, located at 3501 Shoreline Drive, where he initially went missing.
The child was discovered about three hours after he was reported missing in a nearby Wells Branch neighborhood.
Parents Leonard Solis and Jessica Salazar of Austin expect to have a funeral services for their son at Mission Funeral Home, according to a death notice posted today.
Sheriff’s Office spokesman Roger Wade said he would speak to investigators later this morning to get an update on the case. Detectives may get a sense of the boy’s cause of death today, but for now, it’s being investigated as a deceased person, Wade said.
The Travis County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death after being called to the scene about 7 a.m. Saturday. The child had been missing since 5:30 a.m., and deputies and were not called until nearly two hours later, officials said.

more at link..

map in article

Answers Wanted in Child's Death

Updated: Monday, 12 Apr 2010, 9:22 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 12 Apr 2010, 9:22 AM CDT

Austin, TX - Family members of a 5-year-old Travis County boy say they're still searching for answers on how he died, but they're opening up on how he became missing.

The family says Travis County investigators called them and told them Julian's death will likely be investigated as a homicide and that Julian may have suffered internal bleeding. :(

The family says they appreciate the outpouring of support from relatives and the community. But, they say the mystery of not knowing what happened to Julian is heartbreaking.

more here

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/041210-Answers-Wanted-in-Childs-Death

very strange....I'm curious to see where this goes :waitasec:

The news reports say that she noticed him missing at 5:30 Sunday morning and searched until 7am before calling 911. Where the heck would a little kid go that early? It was still dark out and practically no one is awake at 5:30 on Sunday! I think that most people would immediately assume someone took him during the night and call police as soon as they realized he was not in the home.

I think something bad happened to him at home Saturday night, then someone moved his body to make it appear he was killed after having wandered off. I'm betting LE is busy checking the apartment and related vehicles for a crime scene. I wonder how many neighbors knew that Dad was out of town?

Do you think it's possible he was struck by a car?

Do you think it's possible he was struck by a car?

I think that it was staged that way.

I wonder when he was last seen by someone other than the girlfriend? I don't think a five year old would have been out walking around that far from his front door when it was still dark that early in the morning. If he had been hit the night before, the girlfriend should have noticed he didn't come home for bed.

Yes, at first I couldn't figure out if he meant she babysat one day a week ago, but the boy had been with him since...or that he left the boy with her all week and hasn't called (!), which seems to be the case because the person who reported the boy missing was female. Where was dad?

Snip from one of Starry Night's links (above) --the 'caregiver/girlfriend' supposedly lives w/ the dad & 2 of Julian's siblings....so yeah, where was dad & did the g/f leave the 2 younger kids *alone* for almost 2 hours while she searched for Julian?

Julian went missing from The Estates at Shoreline apartment complex where he lived with his father and father's girlfriend, along with his two younger siblings, a few hours earlier.

Maybe dad works the graveyard shift???

Dad works at a hair salon, sounds like.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member