Wendy101

Reaction score
picture.php

Above: James Edward Herring, date unknown

Missing Since: October 1988 from Erie, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 13, 1949
Height: 5'10
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Herring wears eyeglasses. He wore partial dentures at the time of his 1988 disappearance. Herring has scars around the toes of his right foot.
Medical Conditions: Herring was hospitalized as the result of mental illness prior to his disappearance.

Herring was last seen in Erie, Pennsylvania sometime during October 1988. He has never been heard from again. Herring may be employed in the construction industry. Few details are available in his case.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Erie Police Department
814-870-1113

Source Information

His nose looks nothing like BKs.... Hmmm, unless BK had plastic surgery on his nose. Hair is parted on the wrong side though..... I think BK has worn the combover with the part on his right for sometime. Plus the above, the guy had dentures. IF BK had dentures I don't think that is an identifying mark they would have lied about or kept secret. Too easy to confirm if one wears dentures or not.

JMO

His nose looks nothing like BKs.... Hmmm, unless BK had plastic surgery on his nose. Hair is parted on the wrong side though..... I think BK has worn the combover with the part on his right for sometime. Plus the above, the guy had dentures. IF BK had dentures I don't think that is an identifying mark they would have lied about or kept secret. Too easy to confirm if one wears dentures or not.

JMO

Partial dentures replace two or more teeth......Benjaman Kyle was missing three top teeth, correct? Hmmmmm.......?????

picture.php

Above: James Edward Herring, date unknown

Missing Since: October 1988 from Erie, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 13, 1949
Height: 5'10
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Herring wears eyeglasses. He wore partial dentures at the time of his 1988 disappearance. Herring has scars around the toes of his right foot.
Medical Conditions: Herring was hospitalized as the result of mental illness prior to his disappearance.

Herring was last seen in Erie, Pennsylvania sometime during October 1988. He has never been heard from again. Herring may be employed in the construction industry. Few details are available in his case.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Erie Police Department
814-870-1113

Source Information

Anything is possible at this point. I wouldn't put too much stock in inconsistencies in the picture as it isn't the best quality. I think the mental illness, glasses and missing teeth would steer me towards Benjaman Kyle. If he was working on construction and injured himself after his disappearance, that would explain the lack of other scars at the time of his disappearance. Benjaman Kyle wanted us to believe his scars were from an injury he had when he was younger.....which makes me think the opposite may be true. IMHO.

James Herring has too much hair at the age of 39 to be BK. I doubt BK started losing his hair that much later in life. He likely started balding in his 20's.

picture.php

This was the BK pic where I thought their nose looks similar.. also it interested me that BK's glasses (assuming HE picked them out) look very a similar style to Herrings...if you look at the side profile pics of BK.

Herring has been missing since he was 39 .. If BK is him.. then that would give Herring 22years to get scarring, operations...

Most interesting to me is that Herring has a mental illness.

The date of the picture is unknown.

James Herring has too much hair at the age of 39 to be BK. I doubt BK started losing his hair that much later in life. He likely started balding in his 20's.

Even if the date of the pic of James is unknown, it would have to be a pic of a man in his teens to not start showing evidence of balding. The pic of James does not look to be one in his teens, maybe mid to late 20's but balding would be evident by then.

I see no signs whatsoever of balding in James picture and I don't think BK shaves his head to fake balding.

JMO

LOL.. I thought Herring looks to be about 12-15 in that pic ... I really find it funny the way we all see something different...

Even if the date of the pic of James is unknown, it would have to be a pic of a man in his teens to not start showing evidence of balding. The pic of James does not look to be one in his teens, maybe mid to late 20's but balding would be evident by then.

I see no signs whatsoever of balding in James picture and I don't think BK shaves his head to fake balding.

JMO

To me that pic looks like Herring's high school picture or something - certainly not 1988. It's hard to tell - people looked middle aged at 17 back then. :)

To me that pic looks like Herring's high school picture or something - certainly not 1988. It's hard to tell - people looked middle aged at 17 back then. :)

I agree. He doesn't look 39 in that picture. In my opinion, he could have had a full head of hair anywhere up to when he went missing and still ended up balding like Benjaman Kyle in that time frame.

Exactly WhyaDuck. If anyone would like, they are more than welcome to start a thread on missing person James Herring in the missing but not forgotten discussion forum under the missing from the 80's forum. James missing persons case can be discussed there.

picture.php
picture.php

James - date of picture unknown
BK - regression age 30

Thanks to whichever cloaked mod is busy working away at moving this stuff!

Is Herring and Powell family linked? or do we look for Herring/Davidson?

I read " A Real, Live Nobody " article and 2 statements caught my eye.
The first, "It's like I have a 20-year gap," . I think that is a clue. If you couple that with "When I looked in the mirror, I could not believe how gray my hair was and how old I was,"Kyle said. "There's a bunch of years missing, and I don't know what happened." It makes me think he was actually missing for a long time.

Herring has been missing for 22 years. He had a mental illness..which one? I don't know. What I do know is that mental illness has nothing to do with intelligence, infact, studys show majority of the mentally ill are average to above average intelligence. I beleive Mr. Kyles is average to above average ( I read that somewhere in his forum)

Maybe he (Herring) wondered homeless for 22 years, knew his name was James for that 22 years, then somehow ended up at the Burger King dumpster...because he has a mental illness, perhaps he really doesn't know who he is?

From James missing persons page at Doenetwork.

Marks, Scars: He has scars around the toes on his right foot.

BK does not have any scars around the toes on his right foot.
I think that would rule BK out as a possible match for James.

While James could have acquired scars later after he went missing, he wouldn't lose them later in life.......

Also, if James DNA is in Codis, that too would be an automatic rule out as BK's DNA is in Codis.

Do we know if James DNA is in Codis?

Is there a good photo of BK's ears in that same angle for comparison?

He's got a lot of hair and the way he combs it makes it hard to be sure but I think the photo looks like Mr. Herring's hairline might be starting to recede very slightly.

It's amazing how hard it is to tell people's age from old photographs. For me, anyway. I was looking at this missing woman's photos last week, and there were three pictures. I thought, here's her high school photo, and here are two more photos of her as older, maybe in her thirties - but then I read her info and she went missing aged 19.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back