Reaction score
2011323330.jpg

4424641227_32c8aa62a6.jpg

nerenberg_audrey.html

NCMA603933c1.jpg

nerenberg_audrey2.jpg

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00295.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nerenberg_audrey.html

Strengths include the timeline. Audrey is missing from NYC since July 5 1977. Alcala was vacationing in Washington, Chicago and New York July 2-August 15. He is thought to have murdered Ellen Hover in New York on July 13. The wild eye makeup might have been just a teen thing or something that Alcala made her do (though he does not have anything similar in the other photos that have been published) but Audrey has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I've seen a couple of psychotic people make very weird fashion statements.

Weaknesses: Audrey is described as freckled. There are some pigment spots on the plaid hat girl's face and she has a brown mole on her cheek that I don't see on Audrey. Her hair is described as curly and plaid hat girl looks more straight haired to me.

2011323330.jpg

4424641227_32c8aa62a6.jpg

nerenberg_audrey.html

NCMA603933c1.jpg

nerenberg_audrey2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nerenberg_audrey.html

Strengths include the timeline. Audrey is missing from NYC since July 5 1977. Alcala was vacationing in Washington, Chicago and New York July 2-August 15. He is thought to have murdered Ellen Hover in New York on July 13. The wild eye makeup might have been just a teen thing or something that Alcala made her do (though he does not have anything similar in the other photos that have been published) but Audrey has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I've seen a couple of psychotic people make very weird fashion statements.

Weaknesses: Audrey is described as freckled. There are some pigment spots on the plaid hat girl's face and she has a brown mole on her cheek that I don't see on Audrey. Her hair is described as curly and plaid hat girl looks more straight haired to me.
I think the nose is different...

How about her?

CHernandez.jpg

She's been compared to other unidentified women in Alcala's collection. IMO, there isn't an extremely strong comparison but she does resemble the unidentified. They both appear to be wearing similar eye shadow color. The only real difference I see is the noses. What do ya'll think?

I wish there was a photograph of the plaid hat girl's face from a different angle.

IMO it doesn't even look like the same nose in the two different photos of Audrey although it obviously has to be.

I agree - the nose is to different, Audrey has a clearly bulbous nose. Like you stated, straight hair and freckles are also inconsistent. Audreys hair looks dark in her pictures but is described as light brown.

as a general question - how common/uncommon would it be for a girl to straighten/curl her hair or dye it in the 70's?

How about her?

CHernandez.jpg

She's been compared to other unidentified women in Alcala's collection. IMO, there isn't an extremely strong comparison but she does resemble the unidentified. They both appear to be wearing similar eye shadow color. The only real difference I see is the noses. What do ya'll think?

Overall she looks like a good match but the nose doesn't look the same to me either. Is that a dimple on her chin? Plaid hat girl doesn't have one in these photos but it might be that different expressions bring it out differently.

The eye makeup is very distracting to me. I wish some photoshop wizard could take that off her or put a similar makeup on the comparison cases. :angel:

It would be great if you'd care to!

This is the enlargeable version of the plaid hat girl

You could load your photos in Photobucket and post the picture link here or upload them in an album on your member profile but I think you might need to have a certain number of posts to do that.

Here's a close-up view of her face.
eyemu2.jpg

I don't see any hint of a dimple on her chin.
I also think she looks to be of Pacific Islander heritage but that is total speculation on my part.

I tried to remove as much of her eye make-up as possible.
I know it's not a great job but hope it might be of some help!
eyemu3.jpg

makeupremoved.jpg

ok hopefully that loads right. The one eye that the hairs covering i left one line of makeup on- eyes were a little harder than i expected, i was afriad that in the makeup removal process i would distort he eye-socket shape.

maybe someone could do a more prof. touch-up but this is what i got. on the right side (our right not hers) there's either a beauty mark or blemish....

Sorry jessunlil - i didnt refresh in time to see you aready put a shopped picture up! ill leave mine up to just in case it makes a diffrence to anyone

Bad pose but a bit more background:
53403030.jpg

53403512.jpg

Remember, in any photo, you're looking at a fraction of a second of time. She might just have been in the process of blinking. I notice Alcala does sometimes seem to have a knack for catching awkward moments.

I asked my daughter about that, since she hasn't obsessively stared at these pictures for days and therefore might be more objective, and she said she thought the girl was drugged because her eyes didn't match, as they would if she was blinking. I just can't tell.

I asked my daughter about that, since she hasn't obsessively stared at these pictures for days and therefore might be more objective, and she said she thought the girl was drugged because her eyes didn't match, as they would if she was blinking. I just can't tell.

Not certain if this woman is drugged, but I think alot of his victims were, RedBird.

The question is what drug? There was no GHB back then, right? I ask because I'm seeing huge pupils in alot of these pictures. Yeah of course because of the light and camera, but clearly some of these women were doing some kind of speed.

What about LSD? I know they smoked weed and hash and all, but some of the women it looks more like he just shot them up with a couple amps of heroin or something. Then again pupils would be small.

Qualudes? 714's? I remember them taking them off the market but not sure when they were manufactured. Benzo's? Back then I recall all the mom's in the neighborhood going for their "diet pills" and they were all speeding their heads off.

Just asking because I don't know of the drugs from that era much. Pharmaceutical or otherwise. I was too young. I do recall alot of the older guys being heroin addicts around our way. I remember people talking about hash. Oh and once some dude gave me Thai stick when I was on the register of Burger King. I was clueless. Thankfully.

Sorry for the long post, but it amazes me how some of these poor women seem so frightened, but some seem more unfazed. I'll ask my mom. She worked in Smith-Kline circa 58-60. According to her nobody ever had a headache or a cramp. Benzadrine inhalers they made??????

It's been a long time but I think hallucinogens dilated your pupils. They could have been on LSD or something called MDSD (now called Ecstacy). Tranquillizers then were mostly Valium. Quaaludes didn't come in until the 70's. Very few of these girls look like hippies and I don't think would have voluntarily taken anything. About the only thing he could have easily slipped them would have been acid. It would have incapacitated them and would have made it easier for him to talk them out of their clothes. They would have been afraid of heroin which wasn't that easy to get and is in a whole different world than he or they functioned in.

Some of the drugs which would cause dilated pupils are:

amphetamines
meth
hash
alcohol
ephedrine (a popular diet aid)
cocaine
LSD (sometimes)
Shrooms (sometimes)

many more.

Dilation is also caused by low light, and can be a sign of arousal (fear/stress/panic/sex). The pupils dilate to allow more light to enter, so anything which makes the body strive for more light to function with will do it naturally.

I don't believe that one photo of Plaid Hat girl is her drugged (although it can be). Even though the eyelids are not "level", I think it's far more likely that it's a bad photo rather than a sign of a drugged stupor. I could be wrong, of course, but I really don't think it's anything more than Alcala timed it wrong.

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni