IN IN - Molly Dattilo, 23, Indianapolis, 6 July 2004

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Indiana
IUPUI college student last seen July 6, 2004. She left her apartment to apply for a job at a nearby Wendy's restaurant. She left behind her ID, bank card, and car.

A college student who disappeared more than a week ago in Indianapolis remains missing, and police say they have no clues to her whereabouts.

Molly Dattilo, 23, a Madison native who had been attending summer classes at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, was last seen the evening of July 6 as she headed to a fast-food restaurant to apply for a job.

Marion County Sheriff's Detective Mark Henninger said investigators have no leads and no evidence of a crime.

"This case is being treated as that of a missing person," Henninger told The Madison Courier.

Dattilo is described as 5 feet tall and about 100 pounds. She has light brown hair and green eyes and a dime-sized birthmark on one arm. She disappeared with only the clothes she was wearing and the keys to her apartment in her possession, family members said.
http://www.indystar.com/articles/2/163169-6362-009.html

:( This is so sad. Just a quick question, why would this seemingly intelligent young woman go for a job application and/or work at a restaurant without her identification? Now adays you can never be too careful. Hopefully she will be found soon.

I didn't quite understand that first news article link. Did she leave to go to the fast food restaurant by foot or did she never make it into her car? There seems to be so many missing young women around college age! Now there are two missing young women in my town in the last few months with similar circumstances. NO leads and nothing missing, car in place, no signs of disturbance. At least that is what's being told to the public.

It seems obvious to me, that foul-play is involved here! The young lady was going to drop off an application. All she had was her clothes on her back, and keys. She is an avid runner, and probably thought nothing of walking to the restaurant. She also was planning to audition for American Idol, and had been practicing with a voice coach. Nobody has heard from her.

Searchers find no trace of missing IUPUI student

This story ran on nwitimes.com on Sunday, August 1, 2004 12:04 AM CDT

ADVERTISEMENT

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Police divers searched a pond Saturday for a missing college student while her friends and relatives searched a wooded area nearby.

Police did not find anything that could reveal what happened to 23-year-old Molly Dattilo, Indianapolis television stations reported.

Dattilo, an Eastern Kentucky University student who had been attending summer classes at IUPUI, was last seen the evening of July 6 as she headed to a fast-food restaurant to apply for a job.

Detective Mark Henninger of the Marion County Sheriff's Department said investigators have no leads in the case and there is no sign of foul play.

Dattilo's friends and family members are convinced otherwise.

"Knowing Molly, she's not the type of person to just run off," said Vince Roberts, a family friend. "We feel like we're losing time."

Dozens of people showed up Saturday to search a wooded area near Dattilo's apartment on the west side of Indianapolis and to distribute fliers with her photo. The search was organized by Dattilo's sister, Celestra Dattilo Hoffman.

Dattilo, a Madison native, is described as 5 feet tall and weighing about 100 pounds. She has light brown hair and green eyes and a dime-sized birthmark on one of her arms.

She disappeared with only the clothes she was wearing and the keys to her apartment in her possession, family members said.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/artic...nd_state/5b5bb32cf41803c186256ee2007c2d49.txt

It sounds very familiar to 2 missing girls in my town except that they seem to have disappeared from their home. I am convinced that there are serial killers running around abducting young college age women. I read that there are about 3,500 missing young women in the U.S.

Was this the girl who was working towards auditioning on American Idol?

Did she ever make it to an audition? Have LE or her family checked with American Idol? Maybe she went off to audition in another city in another state and met a terrible fate??

I still wonder ... did she ever make it to try for American Idol?? What if she drove off to a city to audition and met a terrible fate ... or was she a person who made it through to another round of cuts or maybe was she cut???

This seems so odd. I've not heard anything more about her :(

blueclouds said:
http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/227855-6560-009.html

http://www.dattilofamily.org/

Saw a brief interview on Greta tonight, she had Molly's sisters on. I didn't even hear of this case until tonight.

Prayers and love to the family. MY goodness, how many people do we truly loose that are never national news???? DON'T THEY ALL COUNT?

:banghead: :banghead:

This frustrates me more than anything!
I'm so glad that little Jessica L. is getting so much attention,
but I wish that others would, too.
:(

Ariel

blueclouds said:
MY goodness, how many people do we truly loose that are never national news????
Thousands, I'm afraid. For every missing person that makes national news there are thousands who languish in obscurity. Little Jyrine Harris disappeared the same month Elizabeth Smart did, and under similar circumstances -- vanished mysteriously from his bedroom in the middle of the night. I doubt many people have heard of him. I myself found, like, three articles on the case after a most diligent search.

Prayers for poor Jyrine.

I know often it seems like white girls get all the attention of the media, and that's all people are interested in, and I guess partially that's true. But when you read a story like Jyrine's, it's so confusing and frustrating that by the time you get to the end of it, who KNOWS what happened to that boy. When you've got felons in and out of that house at all hours, and spending the night "watching tv", and noticing kids are missing in the wee hours, and history of horrible abuse, on and on. His is not the kind of story like Jessica Lunsfords where the public imagines if they just think hard enough, they can think of where Jessica could be.

With this boy, God knows.

Reading through Molly Datillo's case - it sounded SO FAMILIAR. The look, the life history, the calling her a "child" and "childlike".

Kelly Katherine Wagner - this girl's case seems so like Molly's. They seem like virtual twins - same look in the eyes. Kelly apparently committed suicide by drowning herself in a lake in Amarillo early this year after disappearing on her birthday.

http://amarillo.com/stories/011105/new_1004452.shtml

Prayers that Molly will be returned safely somehow - I wonder if suicide has been considered a possibility in her case?

There is a thread on this, I posted on it a few times. I think she went off to try out for American Idol and something happened to her. Silly thought, I know, but she liked to sing and there was a mention that she wanted to try out for that show...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back