VT - Paul Cool for sexually abusing 18yo woman, Windsor County, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
Paul Cool was discussed on the Mohler thread back in November and December 2009 but I realized that he did not have his own thread and he was just sentenced.....to no jail time. None. And this is a man who absolutely refuses to follow a judge's orders. Warning, do not have a mouth full of coffee or Coke (kbl) when you get to the last sentence of the article. I warned you.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100409/NEWS02/4090349/

Convicted molester to serve no jail time

A Missouri clergyman convicted of using the word of God to molest a woman will serve no prison time and is on his way back home.

Paul J. Cool, 49, of Amity, Mo., was sentenced Monday in White River Junction District Court to two to five years, all suspended. On Dec. 1, Cool pleaded innocent to three felony counts of lewd and lascivious conduct for allegedly repeatedly sexually assaulting a woman from 2006 until 2007 in Royalton. According to affidavits filed with the court, the woman, who was 18 years old when the assaults began, told investigators Cool was a priest in splinter sect of the Mormon Church and told her God had instructed him to prepare her for marriage.

On Feb. 11, Cool pleaded guilty to five counts of engaging in a prohibited act, and under the deal, Cool will be placed in the hands of probation and parole in Missouri.......

and

"...Hibbitts said she expected her client will return to Missouri this week, and if his residence is approved by Missouri probation, he will soon be living under the same roof as his teenage stepdaughter......

more at link

Earlier articles about Cool (who's NOT, IMO):

http://www.snapnetwork.org/snap_pre...r_who_broke_bail_agreement_is_freed_again.htm

Predator who broke bail agreement is freed again

Told to stay put, alleged child molester drove to Missouri

And told to avoid kids, he carries a baby into courthouse

and

http://www.snapnetwork.org/snap_sta...ased_church_arrested_on_child_sex_charges.htm

Another man w/ ties to controversial Western MO-based church arrested on child sex charges

"Today, a Vermont newspaper is reporting that Missouri law enforcement has arrested another man (Paul J. Cool) with connections to the Independence-based Community of Christ Church on child sex charges."

Note that this press release was dated November 24, 2009, exactly 2 weeks following the Mohlers arrests. Many of them are affiliated with the same church.

Those articles relate one outrageous thing after another!! I can't believe what this man is getting away with! :furious: :banghead:

I checked the Missouri RSO database -- he's there.

But I wonder how many other people will ever check up on this ??

Just to refresh our memory:

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11...prings_accused_of_touching_underage_girls.php

"...The police reports are full of creepy allegations against Paul Cool, but this story from one of the victims is probably the most sickening:

"He told her he knew from God that she was doing things to make an evil spirit enter her in her pubic area and that he had to touch her pubic area to pray the evil out of her," the teen told police, according to the affidavit.

The alleged victim said she initially tried to tell Cool not to touch her and asked if they could just pray, but he rejected her request. She said she did not tell her mother what Cool did until this year because she "feared what God would do to her if she told anyone."

Also some comments follow. Can anyone discern when this abuse happened? Mr.Cool (NOT) was ordained as an elder in the Mormon church after leaving the Community of Christ. He moved to Vermont from Blue Springs, MO in 2005. Does this sound familiar? I've actually wondered if it might be connected in more ways than obvious to the Mohlers.

I missed a SNAP PR on Cool:

http://www.snapnetwork.org/snap_pre...rgy_sex_victims_blast_vermont_authorities.htm

Clergy sex victims blast Vermont authorities

"...A White River Junction district court judge freed Cool on Dec. 4 providing he have no contact with his alleged victim or any girls younger than 18.

But witnesses spotted him at a Wal Mart, in St Joseph, Mo. about 20 minutes from his home in Amity, Missouri, earlier this week.

“Something’s seriously wrong when a judge tells an accused criminal ‘stay here’ and ‘keep away from your accuser,’ yet he immediately travels across country to be near her and suffers no consequences,” said Judy Jones of SNAP. “How can an alleged child molester so quickly, clearly and egregiously thumb his nose at a judge and get by with it?....."

I, too, would like an answer to that question!!

I wonder if Mr. Cool was paying a quick visit to tidy things up with Daren Holcomb of St. Joseph. BTW, Mr. Holcomb was sentenced last week to 5 years in federal prison without parole:

http://kansascity.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel10/kc040610a.htm

Mr. Holcomb had just deleted over 9,000 files of child *advertiser censored* before he pleaded guilty on Oct. 27, 2009. After such a quick trip from Vermont, a guy might need his car tuned up.

FWIW, following the arrest of our kids' rapist, he was also ordered not to leave the county. What did he do? He traveled 300 miles north to meet with attorneys, went to Mexico on a vacation, and went to New Hampshire for a funeral. Prior to the SW of the rapist's house, there was an awful lot of quick activity over there too. Hmmmmm.

To put all these names into perspective, Holcomb was arrested in October, Cool and the Mohlers in November--literally days apart. There are also about five others arrested within the same time frame.

While checking the FBI PR's at the time, I noted that Beth Phillips had been sworn in as the new US Attorney for Western, MO after her appointment by President Obama. Seems like Ms. Phillips is a busy woman these days.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2009/phillips.htm

A great resource for listings of those arrested for child *advertiser censored*. Charges related to child *advertiser censored* show up 34 times on this list for April 2009-April 2010 for the Eastern Missouri District. I wonder how many are linked. I can't find anything similar except the FBI PR page for the Western District of Missouri which includes Independence and Kansas City.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/moe/press_release.html

absolutely ridicuous. (i know, im repeating myself).

and the ' cheap suit lawyer has the audacity to annouce 'oh yes, now he gets to live with his step daughter'

seriously, no one even seems intrested in stopping this guy? do mizzouri ministers get 7 figure salaries? seems some bribes are being made.

No, kbl, these guys don't even get salaries. They are lay ministers. At least Cool is and the Mohlers were.

ITA, the last comment just blew me away with its arrogance. I have not a doubt in the world that this horrible guy is going to spot evil spirits in another young woman's private spots. My guess is that he's got a sharp eye out for that kind of "evil".

I loathe abusers but abusers who literally laugh at the judges.......

You'll have to finish that line for me.

why wouldnt they laugh at judges?

not like the judge is gonna do anything i guess :(

absolutely ridicuous. (i know, im repeating myself).

and the ' cheap suit lawyer has the audacity to annouce 'oh yes, now he gets to live with his step daughter'

seriously, no one even seems intrested in stopping this guy? do mizzouri ministers get 7 figure salaries? seems some bribes are being made.

Probably bribes don't need to be made. If many stories I've read can be believed, pedophilia and other perverted thingees reach into high places. IF that is true, what else can anyone expect to happen?

My opinion only

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10