Charges dropped against Texas woman who held sex toy 'Tupperware parties'

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
CLEBURNE, Texas (AP) - An obscenity charge has been dropped against a woman who received widespread attention when she was arrested for selling two sex toys to undercover police officers posing as a couple.

A judge dismissed the case against Joanne Webb, Johnson County Attorney Bill Moore said Friday in a statement. He said he asked the judge for the dismissal to prevent wasting county resources but didn't say when the dismissal occurred.

No one answered the phone at Moore's office Saturday morning.

Webb, a former Grade 5 teacher, started selling erotic toys and other adult products last year. The Passion Parties Inc. consultant hosts what she calls Tupperware-type parties for suburban housewives who feel more comfortable buying marital aids in a private home than at an adult bookstore or on the Internet.

Webb was arrested Nov. 13, about a month after the undercover officers approached her at her husband's business in Burleson, about 15 kilometres south of Fort Worth and bought two products. Had she been convicted of violating Texas obscenity law, she could have been sentenced to a year in jail.

Webb's lawyer, BeAnn Sisemore, said she and her client are pleased with the dismissal.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2004/07/17/546991-ap.html

Thanks for that update Cass. I was wondering WHEN they would drop the charges. Geeeesssshhhhhh!!!!!!

Good thing I'm not in texas... If they saw what was in my drawers :D I'd be jailed for life :eek:

(but I've got NOTHING on Deputy Linda!)

Casshew said:
Good thing I'm not in texas... If they saw what was in my drawers :D I'd be jailed for life :eek:

i've heard stories about you canadian women! lol! ;)

'a women is like a dresser, some one always runnin thru its drawers'.....from a song called 'four until late' by robert johnson, arranged by cream, fresh cream album.

lex said:
i've heard stories about you canadian women! lol! ;)

'a women is like a dresser, some one always runnin thru its drawers'.....from a song called 'four until late' by cream, fresh cream album.

You don't know the half of it Lex... we're the wildest women on the earth.

blueclouds said:
You don't know the half of it Lex... we're the wildest women on the earth.

hi blue!

:D :woohoo: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey, isn't Texas the state that our president, Dubya, comes from? Maybe we should ask the first lady Laura B. what she thinks. Then again, maybe not. (Anybody seen Farenheit 9/11?)

Casshew said:

HEY!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? just the usual accoutrement...handcuffs , baton, flashlight, what is so weird about that?? :innocent:

deputylinda said:
HEY!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? just the usual accoutrement...handcuffs , baton, flashlight, what is so weird about that?? :innocent:
You left out the pepper spray, taser and siren :dance: :dance:

I keep out for a couple of days and the forum descends into umitigated smut !!

As I have explained to Mrs Hugh those things with batteries can't take the garbage out or cook the dinner, I will not besmirch the thread with her reply, the strumpet !!

Hugh said:
As I have explained to Mrs Hugh those things with batteries can't take the garbage out or cook the dinner, I will not besmirch the thread with her reply, the strumpet !!
If they could do those things, men would be obsolete.

Humbling, isn't it?

Are you talking about those things that have settings of low, medium and who needs a man? :D :D :D :D

Val

Have you ladies heard that science has now produced a food that "greatly" reduces a ladies sex drive? It is called a "Wedding cake"! :banghead: NOW WHY DID I SAY THAT?

Puca said:
Have you ladies heard that science has now produced a food that "greatly" reduces a ladies sex drive? It is called a "Wedding cake"! :banghead: NOW WHY DID I SAY THAT?

Yeah, but only works to reduce the drive for their husbands - not all men. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back