Woman says in personal ad: I only want guys over 5'10"

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Am I the only woman who wanted to throttle Tom Cruise when he uttered those three words, "You complete me." I'm complete. I'm looking for someone to complement me.

Is there a man in L.A. in his 30s who knows what he wants to be when he grows up? He might also know a few 3- or 4-syllable words and know the difference between Celia Cruz and Tom Cruise.

My only physical requirement is this mystery man must be taller than 5'10". No disrespect to the vertically challenged, but I don't like guys talking to my nipples. I'm 38, an Aquarian, in the creative field, East Coast transplant and have a master's degree. I'm also 5'9" (maybe 5'11" if I Jersey-fy my hair), blue, auburn, white. Love the outdoors, yoga, and periodic visits to the gym. Be decent, normal and well-adjusted. I am; surely someone else in this town is too.

I thought this was an OK ad. It was a little sarcastic but funny.

I was hoping someone of intelligence would see the beauty in the ad and respond. What I forgot was, where there are free personal ads, there will always be critics and people with too much time on their hands — at least in L.A.

Responses poured in. I soon realized there must be a lot of angry, short guys in L.A. I was amazed to receive so many negative responses to a personal ad, and even more amazed that people spent time to respond negatively. "Love to see how you'd react to a 5-foot Asian doctor married to a black woman, and the best heart surgeon in the country ready to operate on you to save your life! Would you LOOK down your nose at him and say, 'Oh, you're too short to operate on me!' Get the point pinhead?" wrote one respondent.

That's when I snapped.

Somehow my preference for tall men had been translated into racism. Other than replying, which would be a waste of time, there was only one thing I could do.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-oe-bunger16jul16.story

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong