Boy kills himself after arguing with Mom about Cell Phone Bill

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 14-year-old boy hanged himself after an argument with his mother about a mobile phone bill.

Nathan Darnell Escoffery's family have spoken of their devastation after the teenager from Allerton, Liverpool, was found dead on Tuesday.

He was hanging from a dog lead only hours after rowing with his mother, Karen, 50, and sister Nadine, 15, after he used their phone without permission.

His grandfather Edgar, 82, said: "I am just devastated by what has happened."

He added: "I just wish they had let him have the mobile phone but that is easy to say with hindsight.

'Hit us hard'

"He was a great kid and we all adored him. I don't believe he really wanted to do what he did, I think he was just trying to scare his mum.

"I hope other children see what happened to Nathan and realise how dangerous it is to even pretend to harm yourself.

"It has hit us all very hard but I guess that is just life and we have to deal with it." The argument with his mother and sister had been about a pay-as-you-go phone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/3904293.stm

There was more going on there than his being upset over a cell phone bill arguement.............so sad.

I sure hope so, otherwise they'll blame the mom for contributing to the suicide of her son.

I'm sure there would have to be more going on. Sometimes suicide is spur of the moment to "get back" at someone but that suicidal person has had other things that got him/her to that point.

How very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back