What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Inspired by a post strawberry made:

The pizza comment is what sucked me into this story. KCs perp walk is what drew my attention and made me go yikes! But the pizza comment made me feel like the earth was shifting beneath my feet.

Lots of back and forth on all these threads about the facts of the case, which is part of what makes this such a great site. But I am interested to hear what got folks involved in Caylee's case in the first place. There are so many intelligent, insightful WSers from Florida to Alaska who have clearly given a great deal of time to considering what happened here--let's talk a little about what brought us here, without trying to solve anything.

For me, I was following a case from my home state on the MSM news. Googled for more info and WS came up. I had run across it before accidentally but never really explored (honestly it intimidated the heck outta me for a long time!). As I began lurking and tracking the efforts of folks on my home state case I became aware of how skilled and how generous WSers are. Caylee's case was featured on the front page--I'd never heard about the Anthonys before that--and I started by scanning the posts on her forum after visiting the other. After many months of lurking I decided to dive in, as it were. I've never regretted it.

What keeps me here is the dedication and passion that posters show for bringing justice to Caylee. I have said this before and I really mean it--there is SO MUCH energy here supporting finding out what really happened to Caylee that her family was not able or willing to provide. I've read so many posts where folks share personal details that shed light on what has gone on in this case, and I honor the sleuthers who have shared their experiences so that we all have a broader understanding. I've come to admire the skills, humor, insights, and challenges that posters have brought to the table in this admittedly tangled case. And perhaps most of all... I want to know what happened to Caylee. It infuriates me to have so many questions still up in the air--even after the 31 days and the "it smells like there's been a dead body in the d*** trunk!"

Super non-factual thread and mods I know this may end up in the parking lot. Still, very interested to hear other WS'ers "how I got here" stories. Much respect to all who have done so much work on this case and others.

HOW I GOT HERE AND WHY I'LL STAY:angel:

Fullscreencapture1018200993508PMbmp.jpg

Totally, every thing you said ynotdivein.
Justice for Caylee.
And now I am here until the end. I check WS daily.

Best response ever. Mods, you can shut down this thread now. But keep it in stickies for that picture. Seriously.

essies, :blowkiss:

essies - Perfect!
ynotdivein keep your opening post and essies. Nothing more to say.

when i first heard about this case i was spitting nails, and this was a good 5 months before they found caylee. i thought '31 days?????????' i was pretty sure caylee was dead and her 'mom' had killed her. and i just....well i pretty much just read here cause it is too tough to post. i remember following the indingcy hearing and you guys were posting pics of casey smirking and having a grand old time, and i just wanted to reach thru the computer and throttle her.......she is such an inhuman monster, and her entire family is a freak show.

but out of evil that little angel came......which is why i keep saying i think caylee was switched at birth. i refuse to belive she is related to any of them.

so id say, the bizarre lies and 31 days got me here, and caylee and caylee alone keeps me here. i hate 3 ring circuses. and this is shaping up to be o.j. part 2 with all these hot shot lawyers defending this 'innocent' thing sitting at the defense table.

i stay for caylee. otherwise i'd be long gone......

You are wonderful, I mean it, absolutely wonderful.
Thank you for starting this thread!

I got pulled into the story because I live in Orlando and had a very similar living situation as KC (like I explained in the other thread, I'm 24..have a 3 year old daughter..live at home with my folks) and hated her almost immediately because being in pretty much the same position (except when I said I worked and went to school, it wasn't a lie) I could see absolutely no excuse for what she'd done, for her nonchalant partying afterwards, and was just in utter disbelief that anyone could do such a thing and show no remorse or concern with regards to the child they created. I've learned a lot from following this case.

Justice for Caylee is why I stay. I got drawn in with the incredible story in the begining finding out that a mom went 31 days without reporting her child missing. I have to admit in the begining I thought Casey was innocent, I had been reading alot about the Mexican kidnapping rings and thought Casey was doing what the kidnappers told her. Especially when she said that she didn't want to talk to LE, FBI only and that her family was endanger. Of course I quickly changed that when I saw how blatantly obvious it was Casey was responsible, and then I was stuck trying to figure out why???

I want to see justice for this beautiful little girl.
I want to see the look on KC's face when she is found guilty.
I want to hear deafing silence from CA. and GA..:praying:

I joined here because of Caylee. I hardly post but I read daily.

31 days sucked me in.

Why do I stay? Well, someone has to be here for her. We have this whole forum of wonderful people, who are total strangers, praying for justice for this precious little girl and yet her family, the ones she relied on, have turned their back on her for her murderer! If they're not going to hold her hand during this, we will. That's why I stay and I'm sure that's why everyone else stays.

I want to see justice for this beautiful little girl.
I want to see the look on KC's face when she is found guilty.
I want to hear deafing silence from CA. and GA..:praying:

Nore, I love your avatar and always appreciate your posts, and am utterly in line with your "wants" as stated above... but I am curious to know what drew you to this case originally? (If you are comfortable sharing!)

I hated it when I went to visit my parents and they always had the news on, day in and day out, occasionally interrupted by the weather channel. Well, time has trudged on and now I find that my husband and I have that same monotone of news in the background as well. (No weather channel yet, thank God.) That is why I was alerted, at the very onset, that we had another missing child here in Florida. I must have caught one of Cindy's first "cameos." Seeing the beautiful pictures of innocent Caylee won my heart over completely but I was simultaneously stunned by Cindy's bullish attitude and aggressiveness. I know and understand there is absolutely no such thing as a "normal" child abduction but I have to tell you that I knew this one was much more complex and stinky than any I had ever heard of on the news before. Cindy was already laying down the rules: we must not question Casey's whereabouts, mothering skills, truthfulness or alibis. We must only focus on finding Caylee. But no pleases, thank yous, tears or helpful background information. Age, sex, weight, height. I love her so we must find her.

Did not sit right with me so I searched online to try to get more details. And so here I still sit, with Caylee finally found and many more details that reinforce my initial impression that not only had Caylee been harmed but, worse yet, harmed by her entire family.

Drawn in, I guess, because I felt an innocent had been betrayed by the people she had trusted the most. The people who abandoned her before and even after her death. It was my distinct first impression that she needed more help (by strangers and the public) than what was being offered up by her own family. I think that's why so many volunteered to search with TES for her.

She needed us, right from the beginning.

31 days

enough said

That's what grabbed my attention too! When I heard the news that a small child was missing in Florida and her mother didn't report her disappearance for 31 days, I said, "Whoa", and started following this case. It immediately became the most bizarre case with the craziness of the child's mother and grandparents.

Yes, those eyes. Caylee was born about a week or more after my Alan. I have a dd that is about 3 months younger then KC...and just couldn't believe the 31 days. I want it solved. I want that dear baby to rest.

I don't know how many times I have wanted somehow to scoop up little Caylee and rock her, listen to her prattle, listen to her say her colors, her numbers. How many times I have cried...

That face captured my heart!

Then when I heard the grandmother call with such pain and anguish in her tone, my heart was broken. I felt only momma was responsbile since she never contacted anyone on a missing or allegedly abducted child.

Then the bizarre behavior came from CA, when she became contrary and hostile, I felt she knew her own child was responsible and what lenghts will she go to to cover for her. Then the dynamics started to shine through in his family...then all the details came out..the mother who couldn't keep a story straight, no crying for her child, never asked for the alleged kidnapper to return her. When she was placed with that high bond, never a word, if you keep me in jail, how will I find my child...nothing, just silence..when her remains were found, I wanted justice for this little Angel. To see that no one in that family is being Caylee's voice, I felt I should be and continue to hold Caylee close in my heart..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I fell in love with Caylee's sweet little face the minute I saw it, with the caption that the precious child was missing. Queen of denial that I am, I really thought for a long time that she had been given up for adoption by KC, to spite her mother. To this very day, I find KC's affect and ensuing behavior to be the most bizarre I have ever witnessed. I think she has to be one of the most mentally twisted people of whom I have ever heard. That is not to say she is legally insane, but I think KC Anthony will be a required course for future psychiatric and psychological students for decades to come. That such a demon could have given birth to such a sweetheart is the saddest part of the puzzle.

Sadly a child is dead and nothing will bring her back, although some justice may be comin' Casey's way.

But I'm here for the lulz - seriously - as truth is so much stranger than fiction. All the twists and turns in this real-life saga keep me coming back day after day.

Oh, and some of the wacky remarks from our fellow posters are often worth the price of admission.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back