2010.04.15 Two cinder blocks found at search site.

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23167951/detail.html

snipped

Sources confirmed to Channel 4 that two cinder blocks were pulled from the river. They said they have no information about a yellow rope. The cinder blocks, along with everything else have been sent out to be analyzed. It is unclear if they are connected to Haleigh's case.

Were there any cinderblocks in the area of the dock? I'm not sure but I find it such a coincidence that a cinderblock was found at the mh too. IMO, they came from the same place. So would it be safe to assume that whoever put the cinderblock at the backdoor of the mh, took 2 of those cinderblocks with them to this scene? Or could it be the other way around?

Cinder blocks here in FL are very commonly used as a poor man's anchors for john boats and canoes. My own son used one for a canoe that someone gave him so I am not surprised that they found some in the water.

I have to wonder though when the cinder blocks came into the story. Could MC have seen them when she was at the site Wednesday and thought they fit her story nicely.

I am just having such a hard time believing anything that anyone associated with this case has to say.

Cinder blocks here in FL are very commonly used as a poor man's anchors for john boats and canoes. My own son used one for a canoe that someone gave him so I am not surprised that they found some in the water.

I have to wonder though when the cinder blocks came into the story. Could MC have seen them when she was at the site Wednesday and thought they fit her story nicely.

I am just having such a hard time believing anything that anyone associated with this case has to say.

I've also known people to use cinder blocks as anchors!

Were there any cinderblocks in the area of the dock? I'm not sure but I find it such a coincidence that a cinderblock was found at the mh too. IMO, they came from the same place. So would it be safe to assume that whoever put the cinderblock at the backdoor of the mh, took 2 of those cinderblocks with them to this scene? Or could it be the other way around?

Cinder blocks are found everywhere here, they are the main house building material here because of all the sand and limestone in the state. Very common in MH parks too; used to level MHs, provide skirting and as steps.

I agree. But Misty sure didn't have many details including a good description of Haleigh but she fixated a great deal on what she called a brick from that first 911 call.

I agree. But Misty sure didn't have many details including a good description of Haleigh but she fixated a great deal on what she called a brick from that first 911 call.

I called cinder blocks bricks until I was a senior in high school and a friend corrected me. But I agree there has always been mention of cinder blocks from the beginning.

I think it is interesting because Misty was so vague about everything, yet said that there was a cinder block holding the door open and she had no idea where it came from. That always gave me a very hinky feeling!!!

I've always wondered about handprints on the c. block found at the MH?I know sometimes MH have c. blocks under them? Were any blocks missing from the home? If any blocks were found today I'm curious if they somehow could match them to the ones at the mh now. I know it sounds bogus but on tv they matched patterns to garbage bags before and were able to say they came from same batch. Does any one know what I mean about cblock being under trailers? If 3 are missing well ??? U do the math

I just asked hubby ( we both grew up on Coastal Ga Islands) "What is a poor man's anchor?" He said without pause "a cinder block"
Just sayin

I think it is interesting because Misty was so vague about everything, yet said that there was a cinder block holding the door open and she had no idea where it came from. That always gave me a very hinky feeling!!!
No kidding. She sure made a point about the cinder block propping open the door and the fact that cousin Joe was a pro at "bricking" doors. I know cinder blocks are common in the area. They're as multi-functional as duct tape. Hmm...

What I want to know:

Did Misty tell LE about cinder blocks in the water?

Exactly where were the cinder blocks found? Were they close together? No rope, apparently, but was anything else of interest found in the vicinity of the cinder blocks?

I called cinder blocks bricks until I was a senior in high school and a friend corrected me. But I agree there has always been mention of cinder blocks from the beginning.

I have always referred to them as concrete blocks. Bricks to me are those little red blocks that they used for brick roads or house farther to the north. :crazy:

I any case although MC thought it was strange to see the door propped open with one I have a hard time believing there were none around that MH, they are just so common especially in rural areas, there must be at least 101 uses for them.

After hearing here now that they all may have been down at the river that night, I wonder if the boys had the screen door propped open in order to carry MC messed up b*tt back into the house.

I've always wondered about handprints on the c. block found at the MH?I know sometimes MH have c. blocks under them? Were any blocks missing from the home? If any blocks were found today I'm curious if they somehow could match them to the ones at the mh now. I know it sounds bogus but on tv they matched patterns to garbage bags before and were able to say they came from same batch. Does any one know what I mean about cblock being under trailers? If 3 are missing well ??? U do the math

I know I think what you mean, we have a MH up close to there in the Ocala Forest that we use as a hunt camp. There are blocks underneath it's frame to keep it stable and level. I think it would be hard to pull those out due to the weight of the MH resting on them.

And I guess there could be a way to match them by content ratio or something like that to see if the ones at the river matched the one at the MH just don't know for sure.

I don't think the Cinder blocks will give them much info. They are everywhere. If that child was put in that river I don't think there is even ione little trace of her left to be found. I said from the beginning of this case that there are gators there....big ones. Those nasty things eat everything.....except cinder blocks.
I don't think that she is ever going to be found at this point.
I hope they can find some other evidence to prove this case. I'll bet LE has knowen for a long time who the perps were, they just can't make an arrest with some proof.

IIRC In the very beginning when MC was stating she didn't know where the block came from that was used for the door I though LE discovered a stack of blocks somewhere on the MH property that RC and MC claimed that didn't know they were there.

Did you all read the comment from (gypsyann) Kayla,Joe's sister posted this on topix...
it is about the 5th comment down:

Not sure what that has to do with the cinder blocks? :waitasec:

Yes, I did see that and first, we don't know that it is really Joe's sister and second, there isn't anyone in this case that I believe. None. Nunca. Show me the evidence. :D

IIRC In the very beginning when MC was stating she didn't know where the block came from that was used for the door I though LE discovered a stack of blocks somewhere on the MH property that RC and MC claimed that didn't know they were there.

This is why I think that if LE found cinder blocks, it might mean something. If they tied them to Haleigh, then Misty might have been concerned that Haleigh might be found and then LE would start looking at them because when they got to the scene, there was a cinder block there. KW

Did you all read the comment from (gypsyann) Kayla,Joe's sister posted this on topix...
it is about the 5th comment down:

Thanks for the link, I think that is the same way I feel about her. :crazy:

I can see where LE has a hard time solving this case with all this family involved. I don't think I will ever believe anything that any of them say now or ever will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back