MO MO - Yasmin Rodriguez, 24, (fnd deceased) & Gebar Byrd, 2, (still missing), University City, 22 Mar 2010 *GUILTY*

Seymour Krelborn

Feed Me!
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
GEBAR BYRD JR, Age Now: 2, Missing: 03/22/2010. Missing From UNIVERSITY CITY, MO. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: University City Police Department (Missouri) 1-314-725-2211.

More...

Police search for Gebar J. Byrd, Jr. after his mother found dead

University City police are looking for an endangered two-year-old boy after his mother's body was pulled from the Mississippi River last week.

[snip]

University City police said the boy and his 24-year-old mother, Yasmin Rodriguez, were reported missing on March 28 after family members had not heard from Rodriguez. Police said she had left the child after a disagreement with the boy's father at their home in the 6600 block of Crest.

University City police said the boy's father has been cooperating in the investigation.

St. Louis police said firefighters pulled the body of Rodriguez from the river at 1st and Mullanphy on April 9. Police said there weren't any obvious signs of trauma on her body, but they were still waiting for the outcome of the autopsy.

More: http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=200260&catid=40

genthumb.ashx

What a doll baby. WTH! He has been missing almost three weeks? They just put out this news story now?
Who is Mullanphy?

University City police are looking for an endangered two-year-old boy after his mother's body was pulled from the Mississippi River last week.

University City police are looking for Gebar J. Byrd, Jr. He is 2'3" and weighs 26 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. He is bi-racial, both African-American and Hispanic.

University City police said the boy and his 24-year-old mother, Yasmin Rodriguez, were reported missing on March 28 after family members had not heard from Rodriguez. Police said she had left the child after a disagreement with the boy's father at their home in the 6600 block of Crest.

genthumb.ashx

It appears Yasmin's body was pulled from the river about 16 miles from their home. (If I got the address right. If not, someone please let me know and I'll fix it.)

ETA: Actually, based on a news report a little further down, I think the SECOND map is the correct location. Based on the "1st street" and being in "St. Louis city" statements. Approximately 11 miles away from the home.

Attachments

• gebar map.jpg
    gebar map.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 7
  • gebar map 2.jpg
    gebar map 2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 7

[snip]

University City police said the boy's father has been cooperating in the investigation.

St. Louis police said firefighters pulled the body of Rodriguez from the river at 1st and Mullanphy on April 9. Police said there weren't any obvious signs of trauma on her body, but they were still waiting for the outcome of the autopsy.

genthumb.ashx

bbm

After reading that I was a bit confused. So I checked and the article says she and the child left. Either way I don't like where this is heading.

. Police said she and the child left after a disagreement with the boy's father at their home

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=200260&catid=40

This one also says she left WITH the child.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...ver-identified-as-missing-woman-91051029.html

Rodriguez and her two-year-old son Gebar Byrd, Jr. were reported missing from University City. Rodriguez reportedly left with the child after a disagreement with the child’s father, Gebar Byrd, Sr. at their residence in the 6600 block of Crest. The child’s father has been cooperating with police. It is unclear as to how her body eventually ended up in St. Louis City. 

What a doll baby. WTH! He has been missing almost three weeks? They just put out this news story now?
Who is Mullanphy?

Sorry to quote myself, but I don't understand who this is?

wow the mom has been confirmed dead for a week, and they've been missing for over 3.

and this is the first its been heard of???????? jeeze louise.

Mom found dead; police searching for toddler

The University City Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a two year old child Gebar Byrd, Jr. The child was reported missing along with his mother on March 28, after family members had not heard from mother.

The mother reportedly left with the child after a disagreement with the child’s father, Gebar Byrd, Sr. at their residence in the 6600 block of Crest. The child’s father has been cooperating with the investigation.

A body that was recovered from the Mississippi River on Fri., April 9, in St. Louis, has been identified as the child's mother, Yasmin Rodriguez, 24. No cause of death has been determined by the St. Louis City Medical Examiner’s office.

http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2010/apr/16/police-searching-missing-toddler/

wow the mom has been confirmed dead for a week, and they've been missing for over 3.

and this is the first its been heard of???????? jeeze louise.

Well, they found her body a week ago. But I don't think she was positively identified until yesterday. But yeah. A little slow on the reporting, regardless. Still missing for over 3 weeks.

Poor baby. Lost his Mommy and who knows where he is or if he is alive.

Police Searching For Son After Mom Found Dead

Police in University City are looking for a two year old boy who's mother was found dead last week. Her body was just identified Friday. The child is still missing.

At first, officers thought the Gebar Byrd, Jr. and his mother, Yasmin Rodriguez were a simple missing persons case. They say Rodriguez and the child's father, Gebar Byrd, Sr. had had an argument. The elder Byrd says the two left. That was March 22.

Police say he had told them the mother had left before with the child and stayed away for a month before returning, so they believed the behavior was not out of character.

Cops received the missing person's report on March 28 from Rodriguez's family who could not reach her.

[snip]

Now police are challenged with the case of a missing boy that is very cold. They say they have no idea where he is, and, frankly, they don't even know if there was any foul play involved.

"We don't have a crime at this point," University City Police Captain Michael Ransom says. "Until a determination is made on her. We're still investigating a missing child."

More: http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-missing-yasmin-rodreguez-041610,0,6154819.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back