A Look Inside the Mind of John Gardner

TravelingBug

Verified Insider
Reaction score
This is very interesting and relevant to those following both Amber and Chelsea and their now admitted killer, John Gardner.

KFI 640 radio has gotten access to many things that weren't previously released, including letters JAG wrote while in jail to his mother and girlfriend, search warrant copies, including what authorities were looking for in the days immediately following Amber being found.

Here's the link
- there are many documents attached to the site, as well as audio.

Thank you so much for posting this link. Very interesting information (especially the letters!)

Interesting in his typed letter to his Mom. He capitalizes Me but not mom.

Dear mom,

Love Always, Me

It says to me he doesn't respect women or his Mom.

Interesting in his typed letter to his Mom. He capitalizes Me but not mom.

Dear mom,

Love Always, Me

It says to me he doesn't respect women or his Mom.

Which is interesting, because one of the local newspeople said they believed that a huge factor in JAG agreeing to the plea deal was to spare his mom the things that have been going on in her neighborhood (although apparently they moved totally undetected by anyone...although hordes of LE with sirens headed that way this afternoon right around the time this all went down) and at her workplace.

It definitely all was interesting reading. And while I know details beyond what are contained here in terms of the Chelsea side of things, I have to say I'm looking forward to when everything else is made public...or at least more of it....because it'll be interesting fodder for analyzing.

This is really interesting research -- thanks for taking the time to do all the work, and keeping us updated. You're the best!

Mel

im sorry, gardner didnt take hthe plea to spare his mom.

he sure didnt take it to spare chelsea and ambers families.

he took it cause lwop parole looked alot better then the needle.

im sorry, gardner didnt take hthe plea to spare his mom.

he sure didnt take it to spare chelsea and ambers families.

he took it cause lwop parole looked alot better then the needle.

Generally I agreed with your statements until I read the following article this morning.

Supposedly Gardner saw Moe DuBois's March 3 news conference and felt the need to confess....?????

Dubois said that prosecutors told him that Gardner had felt remorse after hearing one of Dubois’ pleas for help to find his daughter, and decided to make an offer.
Gardner agreed to take authorities to Amber’s remains in a remote location north of Pala on condition that the information not be used against him.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/17/fathers-comments-broke-case/

Generally I agreed with your statements until I read the following article this morning.

Supposedly Gardner saw Moe DuBois's March 3 news conference and felt the need to confess....?????
I understand what you are saying, but I agree with kbl.

Gardner could have confessed to killing Amber, and he could have led the authorities to Amber's body, without copping a plea- if it was only about clearing his conscience, and/or for sympathy for Moe Dubois.

John Gardner is as self-serving in his confession as he was in taking the lives of Amber and Chelsea.

As far as John Gardner goes, it's all about John Gardner.

In my opinion.

I understand what you are saying, but I agree with kbl.

Gardner could have confessed to killing Amber, and he could have led the authorities to Amber's body, without copping a plea- if it was only about clearing his conscience, and/or for sympathy for Moe Dubois.

John Gardner is as self-serving in his confession as he was in taking the lives of Amber and Chelsea.

As far as John Gardner goes, it's all about John Gardner.

In my opinion.

Oh, I agree that JAG is probably "stuck" in an infantile word that revolves around him....but, maybe he perceived his chance to be a "hero" of sorts in a kid kind of way...or, more heinously, he wanted to end the bubble of hope for the DuBois family.

I felt from the moment I heard Gardner copped a plea, he did it for self-preservation. I KNOW he said it's because of something Amber's dad said, but I don't think that's it at all.

First, to not get the DP,...................but I BELIEVE it COULD be even more sinister than that. I think he copped a plea so they would STOP looking into his past. I THINK he most likely has undetected crimes. I felt that from the beginning, and something I heard on the radio a week or so ago, makes be believe it even more.

It was an unidentified relative of Gardners who said he'd lived with Gardner for a time (?) and working construction. There were times when Gardner would disappear for several days at a time (including missing work) and when he'd come back he'd be all weird, disoriented, sometimes only in his pants, less shoes and shirt.

There's a few other girls missing along the I15 from San Diego to Riverside County. I'm wondering if he's in any way connected?

JMHO,
fran
:(

I felt from the moment I heard Gardner copped a plea, he did it for self-preservation. I KNOW he said it's because of something Amber's dad said, but I don't think that's it at all.

First, to not get the DP,...................but I BELIEVE it COULD be even more sinister than that. I think he copped a plea so they would STOP looking into his past. I THINK he most likely has undetected crimes. I felt that from the beginning, and something I heard on the radio a week or so ago, makes be believe it even more.

It was an unidentified relative of Gardners who said he'd lived with Gardner for a time (?) and working construction. There were times when Gardner would disappear for several days at a time (including missing work) and when he'd come back he'd be all weird, disoriented, sometimes only in his pants, less shoes and shirt.

There's a few other girls missing along the I15 from San Diego to Riverside County. I'm wondering if he's in any way connected?
JMHO,
fran

(Bold by me) Thank you for your post. I wondered the same. In the link posted here there was a copy of an admission slip for a medical facility in Moreno Valley (probably not his only visit there.) IIRC there was at least one young girl missing from that city in the past several years AND we know JAG's victims were from areas where JAG felt comfortable. I hope LE is still looking into any other possible connections between JAG and any other missing girls around that area.

JMHO,
fran

:takeoff: I'm with you. I believe there must be others either raped or killed by Gardner. He confessed to two, but perhaps to hide the rest of his ugly crimes.

When was that letter from his gf written to him about the car not being there and all that? Was that another night Gardner was on the prowl?

The typed letter to his Mother that is all about his sorry state of being locked and he signs it ME just like a true narcissist. I don't buy he feels true remorse.

I don't believe Gardner was moved by what Amber's Dad had to say. What about all the candlelight vigil and searches over the last 14 months? The Dubois family was featured on television many, many times. I'm sure Gardner followed all that. He could of also called the family tipline at any time to let them know where Amber was buried. He pled guilty to save his own sorry *advertiser censored** from being executed. I also believe there are more victims out there and so he felt lucky to only be charged with two. IMOO

I put this in the 'media' thread but thought I'd put it here so no one misses it. Specifically listen to the ending of part 1 tape. {chilling}

I now, more than ever, believe there are more victims of this murderer.:mad:

JMHO
fran

John Gardner: In His Own Words, Pt. 1

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 5:12 PM PDT

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS 8) - The man who admitted to raping and murdering Chelsea King and Amber Dubois broke his silence in an extended interview with News 8. John Gardner is making stunning allegations and offers new, behind-the-scenes details into his brutal crimes and the plea deal that saved his life.

For more than two hours, News 8 spoke to John Gardner in a recorded telephone interview. We realize this is a very sensitive issue for the families involved, and we did notify them in advance of airing this story

<<<<<<<<<<<RECORDING OF INTERVIEW and article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12401580

John Gardner: In His Own Words, Pt. 2

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS 8) - John Gardner says he was never trying to avoid the death penalty, in an exclusive interview with News 8.

Gardner showed remorse for his victims, and thumbed his nose at the death penalty when he spoke to News 8 from his jail cell. And for the first time, we're learning more about the plea deal that saved his life.

News 8 asked Gardner why he admitted to killing Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12401882

......................................................................................

John Gardner: In His Own Words, Pt. 3

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS 8) - Why did John Gardner kill Amber Dubois and Chelsea King, and could the killings have been prevented? Those are questions only he can answer. News 8 spoke exclusively with Gardner about his long history of mental illness and the motivation behind his horrendous crimes. He says he has received many emails in jail, and everybody has the same question -- why?

"There are so many things that caused me to go into a spiral downhill that I went in," Gardner said.

Confessed rapist and murderer John Gardner tried to explain the unexplainable in his two and a half hour interview with News 8.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12402002

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff