2010.04.17 Shoemaker says Ron and families told to prepare for funeral

Helplessly Hoping

Bred for Humanity/Proud Bottom Dweller
Reaction score
His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, told First Coast News that Cummings and his family were advised to make funeral arrangements.

"Yeah, you can understand how Ron would be shocked at that because he's hoping it ends, but still holding hope that maybe they're wrong that maybe something else happened and this will end up as another false lead," Shoemaker said.

"He's not surprised," Shoemaker said, "and [Cummings] said if you go back and listen to the 911 tape he made a comment that night about "Cousin Joe.""

First Coast News has reviewed the 911 tape released by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. First Coast News cannot make out where Cummings mentions "Cousin Joe" Overstreet. However, some of the 911 call may have been redacted.

more here

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154906&catid=3

from TX mist. Thought this was threadworthy. IMO

His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, told First Coast News that Cummings and his family were advised to make funeral arrangements.

"Yeah, you can understand how Ron would be shocked at that because he's hoping it ends, but still holding hope that maybe they're wrong that maybe something else happened and this will end up as another false lead," Shoemaker said.

"He's not surprised," Shoemaker said, "and [Cummings] said if you go back and listen to the 911 tape he made a comment that night about "Cousin Joe.""

First Coast News has reviewed the 911 tape released by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. First Coast News cannot make out where Cummings mentions "Cousin Joe" Overstreet. However, some of the 911 call may have been redacted.

more here

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...154906&catid=3

from TX mist. Thought this was threadworthy. IMO

I wonder if they found the body? I know you can have a funeral without a body but in this situation it seems like they have some kind of evidence.

Is this an attempt to say "I said look at JO" first?

Why is he saying there might be false leads, yet 1) saying he was the one to mention JO on the 911 call (if in fact that's even true) and 2) Tim M. says RC told him to look in that same spot in the river because JO liked to fish there?

Hinky, hinky, hinky, IMO. Makes no sense.

Wow. It really hits home doesn't it.

I'm very sad.

Bless little Haleigh.

Do yall think Ron will be allowed to attend the funeral if this is true?

The thing that confuses me though is that Annette Sykes the GGMA told a news station that she refuses to believe that Haleigh is dead. Unless it is Crystal that is the one that has to make arrangements. It makes more sense for Crystal to have to do it than it does Ron's Fam.

Great-grandmother says Haleigh is alive until proven otherwise

Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:00 AM EDT
<snipped>
"They've got to show me a body or something that definitely proves that she is dead or otherwise she'll be alive," Annette Sykes said. "I'm not going to believe that she's dead. They've got to prove it." No trace of her has been found.

Sykes said the family was informed of the change in the case's status on Tuesday when they were summoned to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "That was what they called us in the office to tell us," she said. "They wanted to let us know before they said anything publicly."

Sykes added the family is doing "as well as we can." "They can say that it's a homicide all they want to, but they've got to prove it to us," she said.

When asked if she thought if Joe Overstreet - a cousin of Misty Croslin that was questioned by local and state investigators this week - had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, she replied that she didn't know.

"You've heard all the lies that that family tells, how many stories have they already told, so who knows," Sykes said.

Article:
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt

This makes me think they have found some DNA evidence of Haleigh's, going beyond just cinder blocks. Something along the lines of bones/hair that could be officially tied to her. Has anyone ever heard of someone being officially declared dead and having a funeral, etc without some evidence of a body/blood/something? I could be wrong. jmo

When I link to the site I get a message.. Page Not Found
Thank you for posting this tidbit of information though..

I don't recall Ron mentioning Jo O that night either on the 911 call.. So I don't know..

BUT...

I do know he adamantly denied on national tv on 03-16-09 on the NG show that Jo O was ever there that night. JMO

So in the last fourteen months, he never insisted or helped figure out that JO did this? He never pressed misty to reveal what she knew and never took her in to the station when LE said she knows and has information. He and misty did not assist le for six months. When she failed polys he said that is not proof, because he(rc) is not a polygrapher and can't judge her.

RC is just as kookoo for cocoa flakes as the Croslins..

Yes, he will be able to attend. The State used to charge the inmate for all costs which were so high, they never attended. A car, two security guards, per diem expenses, etc can add up quickly to thousands of dollars....

Of course with rc, he is not convicted, so I am betting, the cost will be on the state.

:praying:God Bless precious lil Haleigh.
My thoughts and Prayers are with Crystal & Butterbean

I'm thinking they have definately found "something":frown:

Looks as though Tommy has broken this case wide open...no doubt he is the one who made the deal with LE.
I believe alot of credit goes to Crystal's investigator according to:

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6823795.php

Wonder if Ron gets out of :behindbar for the funeral

I would think if they had evidence, JO, would be in Putnam County about now.

I do know that in the T.Stafford case here in Canada, the family was told to prepare for a funeral/memorial for Tori before her body was found. Would a statement from someone that knows what happend be matched up to facts LE already has be enough for them to declare this a homicide? Or do they need physical evidence?

They would not have told the family to plan a funeral if they did not have remains. That would be beyond cruel and unusual, IMO; if they have told the family this, then they certainly are past just believing she is dead and know for sure. I assume they would not do this in order to set up a trial for murder without a body?? Not this early on in this part of the investiagtion, IMO...unless they did not find anything and know they will not? I am very confused...

AS..should give it up. It has been fourteen months. You heard the LE and you heard the P.I.s.

Nobody has to prove anything to her. They have to show or tell the parents. Why they have extended the courtesy to everyone is beyond me and they have gone way above what they had to do.

I just hope this rests in Crystal's hands so I can be sure of something wonderful and precious will be said and will be done in a beautiful manner. Crystal has a way with the written word and has touched me with that poem to her daughter last year. It was beautiful and for those who read it, we know what Crystal is like and that was many a turning point for people. I still get teary eyed just reading or even thinking about her letter to Haleigh.

Is this an attempt to say "I said look at JO" first?

Why is he saying there might be false leads, yet 1) saying he was the one to mention JO on the 911 call (if in fact that's even true) and 2) Tim M. says RC told him to look in that same spot in the river because JO liked to fish there?

Hinky, hinky, hinky, IMO. Makes no sense.

Sort of lends credence to Pat Brown's theory... IMO anyway. After all these months he finally points a finger at JO? I call B.S.

This makes me think they have found some DNA evidence of Haleigh's, going beyond just cinder blocks. Something along the lines of bones/hair that could be officially tied to her. Has anyone ever heard of someone being officially declared dead and having a funeral, etc without some evidence of a body/blood/something? I could be wrong. jmo

Yes, the police in MA recently decided that Jon Hemingway was dead at sea, with absolutely NO evidence of ANY kind other than a very weird and hinky illogical story told by his wife. The search was literally only a few hours long in the general area, and then it was ok......he's gone, he's dead. A day or two later they held the memorial at a bar, and oh well....life goes on.

jmoo

So in the last fourteen months, he never insisted or helped figure out that JO did this? He never pressed misty to reveal what she knew and never took her in to the station when LE said she knows and has information. He and misty did not assist le for six months. When she failed polys he said that is not proof, because he(rc) is not a polygrapher and can't judge her.

RC is just as kookoo for cocoa flakes as the Croslins..

Yes, he will be able to attend. The State used to charge the inmate for all costs which were so high, they never attended. A car, two security guards, per diem expenses, etc can add up quickly to thousands of dollars....

Of course with rc, he is not convicted, so I am betting, the cost will be on the state.
BBM
The truth is that we have no clue what went on behind closed doors.
For all we know Ron did these things and we just don't know.
:twocents:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77