Iceland volcano Spews More Ash, 2010 & 2021

Developments in volcanic ash affecting air travel

>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP
The disruption is costing airlines at least $200 million a day in lost revenues, said Giovanni Bisignani, director general and CEO of the International Air Transport Association. an industry trade group. He told CNN on Monday that if flight restrictions continue, some small- and medium-sized airlines could be put in jeopardy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snip
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>list of the countries effected at link....

Other countries

• There are restrictions on civil flights across most of northern and central Europe. This swath includes Austria, Belgium, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Ukraine.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/19/iceland.volcano.developments/?hpt=T2

[video=youtube;9jq-sMZtSww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jq-sMZtSww[/video]

I just thought of something that I haven't heard mentioned it all. Since this ash can damage plane engines, etc., what does it do to the people who are breathing it in??

My granddaughter is in Security Forces (MP) in the USAF and is stationed at Pope AFB right next to Ft. Bragg in N.C. Her husband is an MP in the Army and has been in UAE for the last 6 months. Anyway, he was to fly in from outside of Dubai for his R&R. He was to be in tomorrow morning, and now because of this the soonest he can get out of Dubai is on the 22nd because of the flight changes. He is flying commercial.

My granddaughter called last night and was complaining about it because she is so ready for him to get home for his R&R. I just pray that he will get home to her because she is so very excited, LOL. I would be also.

I do hear on Fox News that travel should get back to normal soon.

I saw an amazing picture on MSN homepage of the lightening this volcanic eruption is producing. An amazing sight! I am not on my own computer or I would bring it here.

LaLaw I hope GrSIL gets to come home very soon! Bless his heart. There's nothing like R&R time. :)

I read on Drudge that there is another volcano next to this one that will be worse if it decides to erupt and it usually does when this one does. As for the question will the ash hurt humans or animals if they breathe it, the answer is yes, it is deadly and most farmers in the path are trying to protect their animals.

It seems like I heard the ash may spread to Canada and I was wondering if it would come to the US. It is a terrible catastrophe.

I saw an amazing picture on MSN homepage of the lightening this volcanic eruption is producing. An amazing sight! I am not on my own computer or I would bring it here.

LaLaw I hope GrSIL gets to come home very soon! Bless his heart. There's nothing like R&R time. :)

Thank you, Ms. Kat! I am so excited for both of them!!

Didn't see a thread for the most recent Iceland volcano eruption this week.

Video at link

https://twitter.com/Zersorger/status/1375775874583306244
This is one of the most amazing footage of the latest #Iceland eruption!
He sacrificed his drone for this shot. #Geology #icelandvolcano https://instagram.com/p/CMzW24JHaCF/

another, which has beautiful photos of the volcano and lava flows
This is What Happens When You Fly a Drone Into a Volcano

DJI_0861-800x533.jpg

DJI_0841-800x533.jpg

Reactions: byo
I read on Drudge that there is another volcano next to this one that will be worse if it decides to erupt and it usually does when this one does. As for the question will the ash hurt humans or animals if they breathe it, the answer is yes, it is deadly and most farmers in the path are trying to protect their animals.

It seems like I heard the ash may spread to Canada and I was wondering if it would come to the US. It is a terrible catastrophe.

And, the one next to it did. This was just posted today. He filmed over 8 days the Fagradalsfjall video. Below by a videographer that has lost 2 drones to the heat, trying to get too close, already to capture stuff that is National Geographic type views (from the 60's lol). Or Life Magazine. Amazing shots. I'll do an ETA if I can find the same on Youtube

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back