GUILTY CA - Kimberly Nizato for starving her dog, Bellflower, 2010

believe09

Reaction score
Courage, an adult male German Shepherd was rescued from an airport carrier where he likely spent the last 5 weeks, starved. Courage should weigh between 75 and 85 lbs-he weighs 37 Lbs. There is a fund that has been set up for his care:
"Donations to assist the rescue group can be made at www.GSROC.org."

Kimberly Nizato was suspended WITH PAY pending the investigation.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-german-shepherd-neglected,0,207448.story

What a poor excuse for a human. JMO.

GMAB :furious:

Lets put her in a cage in the garage with no food and see how she makes out.

jmho

Whats to investigate: What a M O N S T ER

-keeping the dog in an "airport carrier" in her garage

-weighed only 37 pounds when found

-was unable to walk or hold his head up because he had no muscle, according to veterinarians

-has received treatments including blood transfusions, plasma transfusions, electrolyte and vitamin infusions, IVs and a variety of tests to determine organ functionality.

-He is expected to survive, but his recovery will be lengthy.:praying:

Awwwww, :angel2:God Bless you Courage:angel: and the Angels taking care of you

OMG!!! This makes me cry. How on earth can anyone, let alone a vet tech, do this to a beautiful and loving animal. People can be so incredibly cruel.

Courage...you are loved. :)

I just wish they had suspended her pay to use towards Courage's convalescence.

See, she can just move and become a vet tech elsewhere and no one will ever know how cold and cruel she could be to her own defenseless animal.

There should be a database-would you want her caring for your animal or caring for your child if she changed careers??? JMO.

I have not been this happy to post something on this forum in a long time! Courage has gained 20 lbs!!!! He's doing fabulous! Thank god for the vets and also the person who found Courage. Shame on the woman that did this to him. I have a feeling that when she dies, Courage is going to be standing right next to God and God will ask him if she is worthy to enter.....

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/shepherd-245492-german-county.html?pic=1

BTW, the that did this to him was fired from her VET job. I can't wait until the book is thrown at her.

The abuse of a helpless child or animal just causes me so much pain. I tend to get way too emotionally invested in these stories and it just tears me up. I've been working really hard to update old case files, mostly child abuse related, and I'm having to really stay distant from the story and just gather the information, so that I can continue to do the work. Still, by the end of the day I feel like I've been hit by a truck. But, it's important that these stories be told, no matter how hard it is. Only then do we have a chance to effect any real change. That was all probably a bit off-topic. Sorry. I just equate animal abuse right up there with child abuse, so they were connected in my mind. I know some states are starting to give harsher sentences for animal abuse and I certainly hope this is one of them. I hope the fact that she worked at a vet and had access to any services she needed will be an aggravating factor in the case.

The key is that unless they hit her with a felony charge, she is going to be able to dodge this in the future. She could move to the next county and become a vet tech.

Hi guys, I'm new to posting, I just had to provide this info! :)

http://ocpets.freedomblogging.com/2010/04/16/irvine-vet-tech-arrested-in-case-of-abused-dog/44193

*Update: Kimberly Nizato was a full-time kennel attendant at Southern California Veterinary Specialty Hospital, not a veterinary technician, as stated in the story below. She was fired from that position April 21.

A 26-year-old Bellflower woman and part-time veterinary technician full-time kennel attendant who works in Irvine was arrested Friday in the case of a German shepherd found near death in her back yard.

Apparently, she just plays one on her myspace. :)

From the article listed above:
Nizato has a MySpace page that lists her occupation as “vet tech.

Seriously though, per the link, the dog has gained 20 lbs! That article has pics, & a lot of good info. :)

I'd like to know why she did this--of course, isn't that always the question in abuse cases, murder cases, etc...

He sure has a lot to say. It's music to my ears to hear him speak. What a beautiful and happy dog.

And I wish nothing but a horrible life for that.....well I can't even type it.

I'm hoping that an animal abuse registry is in place soon.

I hate hate hate this story on so many levels :(
Bless this wonderful dog and I hope he never knows another day of suffering.
Years ago I adopted a German Shepherd who'd been neglected so bad and underweight by 20 pounds. He was the most wonderful most inteligent dog I've ever known and I love him dearly to this day, he was with me for 6 years and I know I'll never have another quite so special.

As for the person who did this, well it's just beyond me to ever understand someone so evil.

VB

I have not been this happy to post something on this forum in a long time! Courage has gained 20 lbs!!!! He's doing fabulous! Thank god for the vets and also the person who found Courage. Shame on the woman that did this to him. I have a feeling that when she dies, Courage is going to be standing right next to God and God will ask him if she is worthy to enter.....

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/shepherd-245492-german-county.html?pic=1

BTW, the that did this to him was fired from her VET job. I can't wait until the book is thrown at her.

I'm so happy that he is doing so well. I was looking at the set of pix on the site Lucy's mom posted above and one says:

"Courage's abdomen is narrow from nearly starving to death. It took days to clear his digestive system of rocks and dirt, which he ate in a futile attempt to find food."

Poor, sweet baby! I hate to see animal cruelty. :furious:

Keep getting better Courage...you are loved by many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back