PETA Co-Founder's Unique Will (Warning: Slightly Graphic)

Dark Knight

Reaction score
DIRECTIONS FOR THE DISPOSITION OF THE REMAINS OF INGRID NEWKIRK

As someone who has dedicated a part of my life to the alleviation of animal suffering in various parts of the world, it is my wish that upon my death, my body be used to further that same goal. It is with this purpose in mind that I make the following directions and designations relating to the disposition of my final remains. I make these directions and designations after thorough consideration and pursuant to my firm belief in the purposes for which they are made.
1. Upon my death, it is my wish that my body be used in a manner that draws attention to needless animal suffering and exploitation. To accomplish this, I direct that my body be donated to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), 501 Front Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510, to be used in whatever manner it chooses in order to accomplish the specified purpose, with the hope that most of my body will be put to use in the United States, with parts also dispatched to awaken the public consciousness of governments and citizens in the United Kingdom, where I was born, in India, my beloved childhood home, and in Canada, Germany, and France.

2. While the final decision as to the use of my body remains with PETA, I make the following suggested directions:

a. That the “meat” of my body, or a portion thereof, be used for a human barbecue, to remind the world that the meat of a corpse is all flesh, regardless of whether it comes from a human being or another animal, and that flesh foods are not needed;

b. That my skin, or a portion thereof, be removed and made into leather products, such as purses, to remind the world that human skin and the skin of other animals is the same and that neither is “fabric” nor needed, and that some skin be tacked up outside the Indian Leather Fair each year to serve as a reminder of the government’s need to abate the suffering of Indian bullocks who, after a life of extreme and involuntary servitude, as I have seen firsthand, are exported all over the world in this form;

c. That in remembrance of the elephant-foot umbrella stands and tiger rugs I saw, as a child, offered for sale by merchants at Connaught Place in Delhi, my feet be removed and umbrella stands or other ornamentation be made from them, as a reminder of the depravity of killing innocent animals, such as elephants, in order that we might use their body parts for household items and decorations;

d. That one of my eyes be removed, mounted, and delivered to the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a reminder that PETA will continue to be watching the agency until it stops poisoning and torturing animals in useless and cruel experiments; that the other is to be used as PETA sees fit;

e. That my pointing finger be delivered to Kenneth Feld, owner of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, or to a circus museum to stand as the “Greatest Accusation on Earth” on behalf of the countless elephants, lions, tigers, bears, and other animals who have been kidnapped from their families and removed from their homelands in India, Thailand, Africa, and South America and deprived of all that is natural and pleasant to them, abused, and forced into involuntary servitude for the sake of cheap entertainment;

f. That my liver be vacuum-packed and shipped, in whole or in part, to France, to there be used in a public appeal to persuade shoppers not to support the vile practice of force-feeding geese and ducks for foie gras;

g. That one of my ears be removed, mounted, and sent to the Canadian Parliament to assist them in hearing, for the first time perhaps, the screams of the seals, bears, raccoons, foxes, and minks bludgeoned, trapped, and sometimes skinned alive for their pelts; that the other ear be removed, preserved, and displayed outside the Deonar abattoir in Mumbai to remind all who do business there that the screams of the cattle who are slaughtered within its walls are heard around the world;

h. That one of my thumbs be removed, mounted upwards on a plaque, and sent to the person or institution that, in the year of my death or thereabouts, PETA decides has done the most to promote alternatives to the use and abuse of animals in any area of their exploitation;

i. That one of my thumbs be mounted in a downward position and sent to the person or institution that, in the year of my death or thereabouts, has gone against the changing tide of societal opinion and frightened and hurt animals in some egregious manner;

j. That a little part of my heart be buried near the racetrack at Hockenheim, preferably near the Ferrari pits, where Michael Shumacher raced in and won the German Grand Prix;

k. That anything else be done with my body that PETA believes will serve to draw attention to and so abate the plight of exploited animals.

http://www.peta.org/feat/newkirk/will.html

This just confirms what I think about PETA.

Yes, but let us not say anything about PETA Vice President, MaryBeth Sweetland, and the fact that she uses insulin derived from lab raised piglets to control her diabetes... Then she has the nerve to say that "I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."

Uh-huh... This from the VERY same people who said that "Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_for_the_Ethical_Treatment_of_Animals#Position_on_animal_testing

Perhaps Ingrid should have her pancreas willed to her VP...

Whack job. If PETA would actually do anything remotely close to her remains as she requests, it will certify, to me, that this group is a cult for their own benefit and not one for animals.

Sweet Mary.....

Whack job!! I don't believe animals should suffer or be mistreated... but I also don't believe animals should be regarded the same as humans. It is normal within the animal kingdom for them to hunt, kill and eat eat other... do these freaks consider that cruel? Would these people try to stop wolves from killing deer? Would they want to stop eagles from eating mice and rabbits?

Don't these people realize that all the crazy stuff they do just turns people off to the things they're trying to accomplish?? No one listens to these nutjobs anymore because they're so far out there.

:chicken: Why is she stopping short of having herself 'murdered'?

I mean, how many animals that are turned into coats or put on a bbq grill actually die of natural causes?

If she truly wanted to 'prove a point', she wouldn't wait around to die of natural causes, right?

Maybe she's just :chicken:.

:chicken: Why is she stopping short of having herself 'murdered'?

I mean, how many animals that are turned into coats or put on a bbq grill actually die of natural causes?

If she truly wanted to 'prove a point', she wouldn't wait around to die of natural causes, right?

Maybe she's just :chicken:.

HA!! I love it!!

No where in her self-righteous will are allowances made to represent all of the animals that she and her agency have killed or wants to see killed... this lady and her group are nothing but hypocrites, on a grand scale.

Why doesn't she want her bones and teeth used to make jewelry?

The thing about this I see is that as sick as this world is, someone out there hearing about this is going to be turned on by the fact these things could be done, and go about getting their own collection of human body purses and thumb pointing plaques.

VB

Whack job!! I don't believe animals should suffer or be mistreated... but I also don't believe animals should be regarded the same as humans. It is normal within the animal kingdom for them to hunt, kill and eat eat other... do these freaks consider that cruel? Would these people try to stop wolves from killing deer? Would they want to stop eagles from eating mice and rabbits?

Yes, wild animals do hunt, kill and eat each other. However, they do not confine each other in absymal, inhumane conditions so that they will never run out of food.....

"A society is ultimately judged by how it treats its weakest and most vulnerable members."

To me they are more concerned with what I consume rather that actual animal cruelty. How about tourtured, beaten animals? I never hear their outcry at that or at the fact that so many animals are put down daily. I bet none of them have ever even been in a shelter.

To me they are more concerned with what I consume rather that actual animal cruelty. How about tourtured, beaten animals? I never hear their outcry at that or at the fact that so many animals are put down daily. I bet none of them have ever even been in a shelter.

PETA can't cry out about animals being put down because of the huge numbers that they themselves kill everyday. And at least some of their members have visited shelters before, at least in North Carolina because that is where two of their members got in trouble with the law.

Public Records: PETA Found Adoptive Homes for Just 1 out of 300 Animals
Animal lovers worldwide now have access to more than a decade’s worth of proof that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) kills thousands of defenseless pets at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. Since 1998, PETA has opted to “put down” 23,640 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding homes for them.
PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2009, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 97 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2009, PETA found adoptive homes for just eight pets.
Just eight animals -- out of the 2,366 it took in. PETA just broke its own record.

http://petakillsanimals.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back