CA - Santa Cruz man charged with tossing baby onto highway

danisisa

Reaction score
http://www.ktvb.com/news/national/91609814.html

Posted on April 20, 2010 at 11:02 AM

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a California man pulled his infant daughter out of his car and threw her more than 20 feet into the lanes of highway.

They say the girl's mother quickly retrieved the 9-month-old off the road on April 1, but the girl suffered cuts to her mouth, stomach, sides and legs.

Prosecutors say 23-year-old Erik Johnston was driving his car when he became angry, pulled over, grabbed his daughter by the arm and threw her. He faces charges of domestic battery, child endangerment and false imprisonment.

A person who partially saw the incident called the sheriff's office.

It could not be immediately determined whether Johnston had a lawyer. A message left at the prosecutor's office seeking to find out was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Share this article:Email this article Print this article Submit! Digg this! Save to Delicious Post to Facebook Share on Twitter Printprint

This what I emailed the Prosecuting Attorneys office>

"What is wrong with you people…This man should be charged with attempted murder!!! He threw her onto the highway to get ran over!! This is exactly what little punishment for people who do things like this does…. He knew the consequence!! This is an outrage with what little he his being charged with. I AM HORRIFIED!!!! DO SOMETHING MORE THAN (domestic battery, child endangerment and false imprisonment)."

i agree its attempted murder.

and whats up with the false imprisonment charge?

very strang prosecuters.

Come on Websleuthers!! Let's email these Prosecuters and even Arnold Schwarzenegger. THis is an outrage!! We need to band together and get stricter punishment for these losers who abuse babies and children!!!

**BUMP** for Stricter Punishment....We have to do something!!

DA: Man Throws Baby Out of car Window
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 5:04 PM MDT
Updated: Apr 20, 2010 9:34 AM MDT

SANTA CRUZ, Calif- 23 year-old Erik Johnston was held on a variety of felony charges including grabbing his 9 month daughter by the arm and throwing her onto Highway 9.

The incident happened on April 1 when Johnston was allegedly driving with his two children, 22 months and 9 months, and their mother. According to the District Attorney's Office, Johnston became angry and pulled over to the side of the road. That is when he allegedly threw his nine month old daughter out of the car over twenty feet. The nine month old girl landed into the lanes of Highway 9, causing road rash and cuts to her stomach, sides and legs.

The mother, after retrieving her daughter, was ordered by Johnston return to the car so they could leave. Once parked at home, Johnston reportedly punched the mother multiple times in the side of her head. The nine month old was still in her mother's arms, bleeding and crying from her injuries.

In anger over his infant daughter's crying, Johnston was said to have elbowed her in the eye, causing a black eye.

http://www.kcba.com/Global/story.asp?S=12337961

12337961_BG1.jpg

Dear God! Give him the shot of death. We don't need this one around!!!

DA: Man Throws Baby Out of car Window
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 5:04 PM MDT
Updated: Apr 20, 2010 9:34 AM MDT

SANTA CRUZ, Calif- 23 year-old Erik Johnston was held on a variety of felony charges including grabbing his 9 month daughter by the arm and throwing her onto Highway 9.

The incident happened on April 1 when Johnston was allegedly driving with his two children, 22 months and 9 months, and their mother. According to the District Attorney's Office, Johnston became angry and pulled over to the side of the road. That is when he allegedly threw his nine month old daughter out of the car over twenty feet. The nine month old girl landed into the lanes of Highway 9, causing road rash and cuts to her stomach, sides and legs.

The mother, after retrieving her daughter, was ordered by Johnston return to the car so they could leave. Once parked at home, Johnston reportedly punched the mother multiple times in the side of her head. The nine month old was still in her mother's arms, bleeding and crying from her injuries.

In anger over his infant daughter's crying, Johnston was said to have elbowed her in the eye, causing a black eye.

http://www.kcba.com/Global/story.asp?S=12337961

12337961_BG1.jpg

So he left the 22 month old alone. I guess that kid never cried.

Meanwhile the mom gets a punch in the head for the baby crying.

What?

Honestly maybe some folks should stop procreating especially if they have anger issues. You have a 22 month old and a 9 month old? That'd be enough to drive me bats. Then again only an already unstable person is going to toss a child out onto a highway. He did it in public. Shows he has poor impulse control, severe anger issues and should wear a condom if and when he gets out of "jail".

My prayers go out to the mom. Obviously she had to get back in the car as her other child was in there. No doubt she's been punched in the head often. Thank God that poor baby wasn't harmed any worse and I bet if that other motorist didn't report it nobody would know any different.

when i have anger issues i take it out on a wall. if anything gets hurt besides the plaster, its just my fist.

dont understand how 'men' can take out anger on people so defenseless. gutless cowards.

Man will stand trial for throwing 9-month-old girl onto Highway 9 from a car
By Jennifer Squires jsquires@santacruzsentinel.com
Posted: 04/19/2010 04:53:19 PM PDT
Updated: 04/20/2010 12:26:10 PM PDT

SANTA CRUZ — A man accused of throwing his infant daughter out of the window of a car and onto Highway 9 will stand trial for a long list of felony child abuse and domestic violence charges, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Erik Rebert Johnston, 23, was driving the car home with the 9-month-old girl and a 22-month-old girl, and the girls' mother when he got angry just before 8 p.m. on April 1, the D.A.'s Office reported.

He pulled off Highway 9, then allegedly grabbed the 9-month-old girl by the arm and tossed her out of the car. She flew more than 20 feet, landed on the pavement and skidded into the middle of the road.

She suffered road rash and cuts to her stomach, sides and legs. She also cut her tongue when she landed, the D.A.'s Office reported.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14915980

Boulder Creek man will stand trial for throwing 9-month-old girl onto Highway 9 from a car
By Jennifer Squires
Posted: 04/19/2010 04:17:42 PM PDT
Updated: 04/19/2010 06:22:02 PM PDT

SANTA CRUZ - A man accused of throwing an infant girl out of the window of a car and onto Highway 9 will stand trial for a long list of felony child abuse and domestic violence charges, a judge ruled Monday.

Erik Rebert Johnston, 23, of Boulder Creek was driving the car home with two girls, a 9-month-old and 22-month-old, and their mother inside when he got angry around 7:30 p.m. on April 1, the D.A.'s Office reported.

He pulled off Highway 9 north of Boulder Creek near Riverdale Boulevard and the woman tried to get the girls out of the car to run away, District Attorney Bob Lee said.

She freed the 9-month-old from her car seat and was unbelting her sister when Johnston allegedly grabbed the younger girl by the arm and tossed her out of the red Volkswagen Beetle. She flew more than 20 feet, landed on the pavement and skidded into the middle of the road, Lee said.

She suffered road rash and cuts to her stomach, sides and legs. She also cut her tongue when she landed, the D.A.'s Office reported.

"Just to callously fling someone, grabbing her by the arm and tossing her out of the car like you're tossing a beer can while you're going down the road, I think would strike any parent or any person who's in this community," District Attorney Bob Lee said. "It's just so indifferent and just so brutal. ... It's just unbelievable."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14914644

Well I am all for loading this guy up in the back of a truck, hittin the road and when we hit about 55 mph or faster throw him out , if he makes it only then can he spend time in jail ....

at least this mom had the sense to get them away from him.

why was it in doubt that he should stand trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back