Man drops baby off at Houston Fire Dept.

At least he did do the right thing by bringing him down there, he could have discarded him like trash somewhere or left him god only knows where.

I hope there are no charges filed against this man, the mother should have given him up though.
Maybe Mom is a drug addict, may be the best thing that ever happened for this child ....moo

According to the article the man that dropped the baby off wasn't the father? From what I gathered in the article, the baby was left with the man by mom and after she didn't return for six days he brought the baby to the firestation. Sounds like a good decision to me! Course I do wonder how he came to be with the baby in the first place..

This man was caring for a child for six days that wasn't his. The baby's mother is reported as a friend of a friend.

It is said that baby was in good condition.

Thank goodness that baby had this man. I agree there is no telling what could have happened to the baby.

I wonder if the LE are contemplating filing charges against the Mother. Hopefully not this man.

if this is true as stated, he totally did the right thing, surprised he waited 6 days, as if she came back, would he have handed baby back over? i guess he would have had to, but then what would have happened??

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100420-infant-dropped-off-at-houston-fire-station

Infant Dropped Off at Houston Fire Station
Updated: Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 12:45 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 12:25 PM CDT

DOUG DELONY
Senior Web Producer
HOUSTON - An abandoned baby was dropped off at a Houston fire station on Tuesday morning.

According to Houston police, the baby boy was about three to nine months old and was in good health.

The child was left at Fire Station 68 on Bissonnet in southwest Houston and was quickly transported to Texas Children’s Hospital.

Safe haven laws in Texas protect parents who leave their abandoned children with police or doctors.

FOX 26’s Isiah Carey is investigating Tuesday’s incident and will have an update on FOX 26 News at 5 and 5:30 p.m.

Whatever fishiness is going on....it doesn't much matter to me...they have to figure everything out, but I consider this man who dropped the baby off (if all intentions are good) a hero!

I would be upset if they charged anyone if it's legit...I think the 2 month age cap just isn't fair.. I remember the father who dropped off all of his kids and then had twins on the way...but this is still a baby. The baby was in good condition and the man obviously cared. =( Sorry. I'm just so happy that people WILL try to do the right thing, but then to get caught up in a technicality...awful.

Edited to add: Read the article you posted, tk71....and for some reason it says that the safe place laws extend to any age...maybe just in Texas?...hmm. Well, if that's the case, good. Thanks for posting!

Man, I could walk there from my house. I drove by yesterday and saw camera crews setting up and wondered what was going on.

Whatever fishiness is going on....it doesn't much matter to me...they have to figure everything out, but I consider this man who dropped the baby off (if all intentions are good) a hero!

I would be upset if they charged anyone if it's legit...I think the 2 month age cap just isn't fair.. I remember the father who dropped off all of his kids and then had twins on the way...but this is still a baby. The baby was in good condition and the man obviously cared. =( Sorry. I'm just so happy that people WILL try to do the right thing, but then to get caught up in a technicality...awful.

Edited to add: Read the article you posted, tk71....and for some reason it says that the safe place laws extend to any age...maybe just in Texas?...hmm. Well, if that's the case, good. Thanks for posting!

I agree. To be blunt -- whatever is going one with this man, the baby's mother, whomever, the man did NOT physically abuse the baby or kill it and leave it in a dumpster or in plastic bag in the bush. He had the compassion to drop the baby off at a safe place -- and for this I commend him. He seemed to be honest that he could not care for the baby -- again, I commend him. I wish more people (Websleuthers can imagine who I am referring to) would do what he did rather than hurt or kill their children.

I'd still like to know if this child as been ruled-out as being Gabriel Johnson.

I'd still like to know if this child as been ruled-out as being Gabriel Johnson.

Has anyone seen a picture of the baby?
I don't know though, one article said he's 3-9 months old. That's a pretty big gap.

i think the safe place law and the baby moses law are two different things but bascially the same idea....not sure though

From the Bring Home Gabriel fb Gabriel's family says they have received a call back from HPD and the baby is AA. Not Gabriel.

From the link above:

"He took the child to Fire Station 68 on Bissonet and South Gessner. The child was then taken to Texas Children’s Hospital for evaluation and was said to be in good health. "

Praise God for that!!

and then said the baby had the name jayden..that's my sons name :( just made the story that much sadder ( if that was possible )

I am so glad this man dropped the baby off, he is a hero. In the article about Cps speaking with the mother the grandfather had to convince her to speak with cps, so I think she didn't really want the baby and was throwing it off on this guy to watch and raise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back