What is the "Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy"?

cjm11

Reaction score
Would someone kindly find this for those of us too computer illiterate . :blushing:

Judge Perry says everyone will follow it! (wonder who will be the first to break one of the policies and how will the Judge respond)

Thank you sooo much for the link!

oh my, no gum chewing, water bottles, snide remarks, eye rolls. Seems like the judge wants a court room and not a school room, go figure.

Love how they bolded the part about controlling anyone sitting at the counsel table...i.e., no face making, no playing pen wars, no rolling your eyes....LOL!

OH BOY... Baez will definitely have problems with this rule:

Counsel shall refrain from attempting to make a re-argument after the Judge has ruled.

What will Cindy do now?

No gum chewing is permitted.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23234284/detail.html

Read Judge Perry's order here.

My favorite part:

Counsel shall admonish all persons at the counsel table who make gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like, as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of witnesses, or at any other time. This behavior is strictly prohibited.

Unfortunately I didn't see anything regarding the worst violation in my opinion, which is touching or cradling a client. There is no way that should be allowed. It is completely unprofessional, unnecessary, and disgusting. As far as I know, the state is not allowed to do the equivalent, which would be to have a nice picture of Caylee sitting on their table during hearings. I hope he stops this garbage post haste!

I'm betting there's a nice, big photo on an easel somewhere of Caylee during the trial as soon as the prosecution begins their case.

I like the way he's starting out. Kind of a "OK, I'm here, knock off all the crap and let's get this done!" kind of message.

Page 5, paragraph 3.

Avoid disparaging personal remarks or acrimony toward opposing counsel and remain wholly detached from any ill feeling between the litigants or witnesses.

Now won't that just bite JB in the butt........:woohoo:

:eek: wow things should be a bit differnt, from now on :biggrin:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23234284/detail.html

Read Judge Perry's order here.

My favorite part:

Counsel shall admonish all persons at the counsel table who make gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like, as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of witnesses, or at any other time. This behavior is strictly prohibited.

I hope they have fun trying to keep KC from making her (I'm so pissed) faces..

I'm betting there's a nice, big photo on an easel somewhere of Caylee during the trial as soon as the prosecution begins their case.

I like the way he's starting out. Kind of a "OK, I'm here, knock off all the crap and let's get this done!" kind of message.

Ooooh, good point! I would like to see them play videos of Caylee, so vibrant and alive. It would also counteract AL's penchant for shedding tears for her clients.

During the Scott Peterson trial I used to look at him in his well-cut suit, kicking back with his attorneys, acting like a sophisticated man of the world, enjoying being out of jail and being with his debonair 'peers', not realizing it was all over, and that in the world's eyes he was nothing, just a dirty, creepy, cruel murderer with no future. I had forgotten about that until I saw KC in court, saw the same kind of satisfied look on her face. Now she won't even get to have the trial as her final hurrah, her swan song, there will be no glamour, she will just be a sulky girl facing extremely serious charges who is finally being forced to face herself and her actions.

Love how they bolded the part about controlling anyone sitting at the counsel table...i.e., no face making, no playing pen wars, no rolling your eyes....LOL!

Oh my.......does this mean she can't tell the judge when she wants him to "make him stop"........:dance:

Love it! There's definitely a new sheriff in town. The defense should be quaking in their tight boots.

I wish it referenced the proper and respectful way to address the judge.

You can bet on it. The photo will be huge. And I imagine if if she doesn't say it verbally Casey will be thinking again "Make him stop". Hopefully Caylee and her memory will be haunting Casey daily by then. However, I think Casey would have to have a conscience for it to bother her, which I doubt she has. She truly is a hallow shell of a human being. A total "waste" as it were.

Paragraph 6 says Counsel should request permission before approaching the Bench. Any documents counsel wishes to have the Court examine should be handed to the clerk........

That's another one that JB may have trouble remembering. I remember seeing him do this several times during hearings. This is going to cause a huge culture shock to the defense I think. Bet they are already thinking about what a huge mistake they made when they filed that Motion to Recuse. :doh:

Me too - the defense got what they wanted, so let's get to trial!

Number 15 is the one. "No tobacco use in any form is permitted. No bottles, beverage containers, paper cups or edibles are allowed in the courtroom, except as permitted b the Court. No gum chewing is permitted."

That ought to cover it.

Actually, this is an administrative order and it was supposed to be that way in JS's courtroom too. It covers all of Orange and Osceola county courtrooms. When I attended hearings previously in this case I saw lots of bottled water and even coffee in the Courtroom. I have a feeling that is no longer going to be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back