TX TX - Jennifer Wilkerson, 26, Lubbock, 13 July 2004

WasBlind

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=2046775

7/15/04
Authorities Asking for Your Help In Locating Missing Lubbock Woman

The Sheriff's Department released the woman's name and picture late Thursday afternoon and they're asking for your help in locating her.
On Thursday, the Sheriff's Office released information on missing person Jennifer Lynn Wilkerson. She's described as 26-years-old, with a small build, brown hair and blue eyes. She also has several tattoos throughout her body.
Wilkerson was last seen on Tuesday at a friend's house in south Lubbock County. Her father reported her missing Wednesday night which has prompted this investigation. At this point investigators do not suspect foul play is involved, but it is still early in the investigation.
"During our initial investigation a lot of times we can uncover information to immediately locate people and in this instance we weren't able to do that so we're going to go out and let the public help us out in this effort," explains Cody Scott from the Sheriff's Department.
If you have any information on Jennifer Lynn Wilkerson's whereabouts you're encouraged to call the Sheriff's Office at (806) 775-1501.

http://www.klbk.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=351

Lubbock Woman Missing

Another person has turned up missing in Lubbock County.

Jennifer Lynn Wilkerson, 26, was last seen Tuesday morning at a friend`s home in south Lubbock County.

The details surrounding her disappearance are vague. Right now, sheriff`s deputies just consider her a missing person and they`re looking for any details that might lead them to her whereabouts.

She was reported missing on Wednesday. "The initial report came in from her dad that she was missing," says Lieutenant Cody Scott, with the Lubbock County Sheriff`s Office. "He was concerned, so we initiated the investigation."

Little has been revealed about where Jennifer lives or who she was last seen with. "This investigation is just beginning," says Lieutenant Scott. "There`s a lot of information we`re going to withold at this time until we get the case built up a little bit more."

Authorities say lack of information is what prompted them to declare Jennifer a missing person in the first place. "During our initial investigation a lot of times we can recover information to immediately locate people, and in this instance we were not able to do that...so we`re going to go out and let the public help us out in this effort," says Lieutenant Scott.

Wilkerson is described at 5 feet 5 inches tall with a slim build. She has short brown hair with blue eyes. She has tattoos on her left shoulder, left lower abdomen, right wrist and right ankle. She also has a lower lip piercing.

If you have any information on the disappearance of Jennifer Lynn Wilkerson, you are urged to call the Lubbock County Sheriff`s Office at 775-1601.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=2060798
7/19/04
Missing Woman's Parents Ask for Help
"I'm really at a loss for what to say. I never imagined being in this position," said Jack Wilkerson, a father in distress. His 26-year-old daughter has been missing for a week. "We don't know what's happened to Jennifer," he said.
Missing under suspicious circumstances, believed to be in danger, authorities are investigating Jennifer Wilkerson's case as an abduction, but have yet to disclose if there's any physical evidence surrounding her disappearance. "I can't say at this time," said Lubbock County Sheriff's officer Greg Parrott. They've been fielding calls and following leads. "We do have a number of individuals that we are talking to at this time," Parrott said.
Three months ago NewsChannel 11 interviewed Jennifer for a story about the sin tax proposal. She was helpful, outgoing, engaging. The very characteristics that have made her absence so alarming. "So out of character not to be in contact with us. She had already made tentative plans to visit with us last weekend," said Jack Wilkerson.
Authorities are expected to hold a press conference Tuesday, July 20th, to provide further details about the investigation.
If you have any information, call the Sheriff's Department at (806) 775-1601.

Please open the links from post 1 & 3, KCBD.com to see Jennifer's pictures, and thanks.

I have written to our friends down in Texas, and hopefully we will have some more information to post shortly.

Thanks for all your prayers for Jennifer, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

*thank you txsvicki for sending me the information about Jennifer*

My heart goes out to you.....hope you get information soon as to her whereabouts....So hard and tragic to deal with...May God help you cope til you hear from her.............

Mary Ellen

Have they determined if perhaps there is any connection to the Joanna Rogers case? Joanna's been missing for over 10 weeks from the Lubbock area, as well.

As far as we know, there is no connection to Jo's case.

We are still awaiting some more information.

I will post as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks for posting, sar and leigh!!
With HOPE, Lanie

Praying here, Lanie. Do keep us updated!! {{{hugs}}}}

If a website becomes available for this lady, please let me know. I want to help all the people I can by posting their information.

I hope that answers are found soon. I will keep watching for updates.

I just talked to Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch. He's going to call the Sheriff's department there and get an update. I'll post any non confidential things I find out later today.

RCOOKE said:
I just talked to Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch. He's going to call the Sheriff's department there and get an update. I'll post any non confidential things I find out later today.

Thank you, Robert. Thank you so much for trying to help others in your situation. Prayers for your precious daughter Rachel.

Authorities are not saying that Jennifer's disappearance is in any way related to the 16 year old Joanna Rogers, but there are a few odd circumstances surrounding 3 or 4 different people. There have been 3 very young prostitutes murdered and left on country roads around Lubbock in the last 5 years. The latest one was in April 2004. She was interviewed by KCBD the year before her death and talked about prostitution. Jennifer works at a tobacco shop and was interveiwed about 3 months ago by KCBD about the sin tax. Joanna Rogers was interviewed a few years back about her school by some tv station, not sure which one. Finally, back in May, a woman met a man at a jobfair and he told her that he was a storm chaser and employed by KCBD. She accepted a dinner date and may have been drugged. She was taken to some residence, raped, and beaten. The man did not work for KCBD and no employees were identified by the woman. I have heard all this from fellow Lubbock posters at a different forum. The authorities have not discussed this as far as I know.

RCOOKE said:

Robert,
I just wanted to say that I keep Rachel in my prayers each day. When I first heard about her missing I found you website that Lanie had posted and saw that she had gone missing just 4 day's before my birthday. He middle name is my first name and I also wear Asics running shoes! Not that any of this was important but for some silly reason I felt closer to her. We woman are sometimes pretty silly! I also have a daughter who is avid runner and coach's cross county in our City School system. I have also lost a daughter......but in an accident.

I do so want to thank you for your efforts in helping to the missing. People like you and Laine.........mean the world to the families whose loved ones need so much to know that someone else cares.

God Bless you............
xxxxxxxxooooooo
mama

LANIE.........I'm so glad that Rachel's dad has hooked this up with Texas EquuSearch. It's interesting that Jennifer works at a tobacco shop and was interveiwed about 3 months ago by KCBD about the sin tax.......
What in the world is a 'Sin Tax' and why would this radio station interview Jennifer? I'm not quite getting it..........

Regardless.........Jennifer will certainly be in my prayers each and every day along with her family.

I hope they get a web site up soon.......
xxxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mamaa :blowkiss:

A sin tax is a tax imposed on anything we don't need to maintain, specifically, tobacco and alcohol products...
We already pay sin taxes on tons of stuff.

Thanks for stopping by, Mama, always good to see you again.

Once we have some decent picture scans, Marti at www.casewatchers.com will be doing the web site and printable flyers, although I bet others will do printable flyers down in Texas, as well.

Prayers for Jennifer, Lanie

Was Blind, thank you for getting Jennifer's thread going so quickly. I haven't seen any updates today, but I think there will be a search this weekend coordinated by the USAR team. Hopefully they'll announce it tomorrow or give some updates.

I was contacted by Jennifer's father yesterday, and have been sending him information via e-mail.

He is now in touch with Robert Cooke, Kelly Jolkowski, and also Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch for help in the search for his beautiful daughter.

I hope we have some more information for y'all shortly.

Please pray for Jennifer, that she is found and soon. Pray for those who search.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff