OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Cleveland Police make a grisly discovery on the city's southeast side while serving a search warrant Thursday night.
Two badly decomposed bodies were discovered on the third flood of E. 122 and Imperial Thursday night. The homeowner is 50-year-old registered sex offender Anthony Sowell.
"It's to the point where our investigators can't tell if they're men, women, young, old, black or white. It's that bad," Lt. Thomas Stacho told 19 Action News.
Officers also discovered what appears to be a freshly dug grave in the home's basement. They are now hoping to get permission to dig up the basement.

More at link:
http://www.woio.com/global/story.asp?s=11412465

http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122520&article=6242446

(snip)
According to Cleveland Police, sex crimes detectives went to Sowell’s home Thursday evening with a search warrant looking for evidence in that attack. Upon searching the home, detectives found two bodies in an advanced state of decomposition on the third floor of the home and what appears to be a freshly dug grave in the basement.

Ken Robinson talked with neighbors of Sowell, one of whom says she gave him a ride home Thursday night, and during that ride, he confessed to her that he killed the two people whose bodies were found in the home. Before they got to his house, Sowell bailed out of the car and hasn't been seen since.

Oh my gosh! Awful. The article should have said where the dirtbag was last seen and where they think he might go. We should have absconded sex offender alerts like Amber Alerts. Find them before they find another victim.

I hope they can ID the bodies fairly quickly or that any family members that know their loved ones associated with this will come forward to help. So sad.

Salem

That lovely young woman, Kayana, haunts me. Her eyes hold so much pain. I strongly agree that we need an alert program in place for wanted RSOs. That's a great idea, Salem.

He pleaded guilty to ATTEMPTED rape???????

"In that case, Sowell took a 21-year-old woman to the third-floor bedroom of the house where he was living on Page Avenue in East Cleveland. Once inside, he choked the woman, forced her to take her clothes off and raped her, prosecutors said. After she put her clothes on, he forced her to strip once more and again raped her. Sowell then bound the woman's feet, gagged her and tied her hands behind her back, prosecutors said. He fell asleep on the bed and the woman was able to spit out the gag and free her feet. She made her way to the window and yelled for help. Police arrived a short time later and arrested him, prosecutors said.
Sowell pleaded guilty to two counts of attempted rape in 1990. He was sentenced to between five and 15 years in prison and served the entire sentence before being released in 2005 and moving into the house on Imperial Avenue."

*SCREAMING* When are lawmakers going to learn these "people" need to be locked up from the get go???

Real Time News »
Five dead bodies at Anthony Sowell's house, police sources say

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- At least five dead bodies have been found at Anthony Sowell's home on Imperial Avenue, police sources said.

Personnel from the coroner's office were seen making several trips in and out of the house Friday night. Police officials would not confirm that the number of bodies found had gone from three to five.

Scores of law enforcement officers searched Friday night for Sowell, a convicted sex offender.

At least three additional bodies were found Friday. Coroner's vans were lined up outside the house Friday after a cadaver dog was brought in to assist with the search.

"(Sowell) is the most wanted man in Cleveland right now," said police Lt. Thomas Stacho, who said investigators will continue searching the house and yard "inch by inch, foot by foot."

U.S Marshals were called in from out of state to assist in the manhunt for Sowell, who moved into the home on Imperial Avenue in 2005 after serving 15 years in prison for rape

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_find_third_body_still_s.html

I just hope the SO is too busy running to take time to stop and harm anyone else. LOL, I also hope he stays up north!

Ok so they have a warrant for him on another rape and go to the home. They don't find him, but they go in and find two comparatively recent deceased remains. They dig and find 4 bodies more. This guy has been out of prison since 2005, so I think they will find more. Probably many more.

Updated at 9:55 p.m.
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_find_third_body_still_s.html

Stacho said three bodies were found for sure, and it is believed the remains of three others were located. At least two of the bodies were women. One body was found in the back yard, the rest in the house.

Stacho said the bodies "appear to be in different stages of decomposition." He said a expert from the Cleveland Museum of Natural History was at the house helping coroner employees determine when the victims had died.

Police halted their search for bodies about 8:30 p.m. Stacho said investigators will comb the house and yard "inch by inch, foot by foot."

From that article I am seeing 4 women that have claimed rape or attempted frape by him since Dec. 2008. The Dec. 2008 woman didn't want to press charges evidently. The other three are all since Sept. 2009. And he has been out walking around until LE showed up to arrest him on Thurs.

I just hope the SO is too busy running to take time to stop and harm anyone else. LOL, I also hope he stays up north!

up north where?

I think he's probably already or is planning to commit suicide & will evade justice that way

I'm sorry but I'm not totally grasping this. Sowell does 15 years for "Attempted Rape". There's another rape reported last December but the victim is too intimidated to testify. There's another rape last month and yet another, with a woman falling or jumping from the house just 10 days ago. How many victims does it take to stop a rapist?

It seems plausible that he was able to lure his victims but they certainly weren't willing participants. They ran screaming from this house (the fortunate ones, anyway). Can we ask what the neighbors were thinking and doing and reporting? How about LE? It doesn't look as if this man was very careful in his crimes--he fell asleep with the victim from 1989. Who dropped the ball here?

I'm sorry but I'm not totally grasping this. Sowell does 15 years for "Attempted Rape". There's another rape reported last December but the victim is too intimidated to testify. There's another rape last month and yet another, with a woman falling or jumping from the house just 10 days ago. How many victims does it take to stop a rapist? It seems plausible that he was able to lure his victims but they certainly weren't willing participants. They ran screaming from this house (the fortunate ones, anyway). Can we ask what the neighbors were thinking and doing and reporting? How about LE? It doesn't look as if this man was very careful in his crimes--he fell asleep with the victim from 1989. Who dropped the ball here?

About 10 at least??? 6 very quiet dead ones, then 4 living complaining ones. And this guy was a convicted SO! He has a known history and tendency.

Decomposed bodies found in eastside home

Police seeking Anthony Sowell.
By Dean Leyland, Newsradio WTAM 1100
Thursday, October 29, 2009

People in the neighborhood are speculating as to whose bodies were in the house. Kayana Hunt is wondering if one of the bodies could be her mother Nancy Cobbs, who vanished from the neighborhood without a trace six month ago.

Others are speculating one of the bodies could be Sowell’s sister. Neighbors also say the only outward sign that two bodies were in the house was a nasty smell a few months ago. At the time, people thought it was the smell of sewer gas

http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122520&article=6242446

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back