2010.04.23 Grandma Sykes and Neves Search at the St.John River

nomoresorrow

Reaction score
Kimster wasn't sure were to post or discuss this - if inappropriate, please delete or redirect. Thanks!

Gma Sykes admits on NG (4/22/2010) that her and TN both, after being tipped off by Gma Hollar, went to the St. John river, the area where LE conducted their latest search, searched the woods near the river "all afternoon" - But what afternoon? From what I can tell, piecing together the timeline of events leading up to this latest search at the SJR, GGma Sykes and Gma Neves' "all afternoon" search would have taken place on Monday, April 12, the day before LE began their official search on Tuesday, April 13. We know that Gma Hollar spoke with both Tommy and Misty on Sunday, April 11th, so her call to Gma Sykes would have taken place following those conversations that day and before Monday afternoon, April 12th based on the following...

NGS Transcript;
(Bold & Red Text by Me)

GRACE: Ms. Sykes, what do you think of them searching -- the police searching the St. John`s River?

SYKES: Well, evidently, they had some tip. Somebody called them. And they were down there searching. And I went down there early that morning and didn`t -- you know, they wouldn`t tell me anything. And I wasn`t -- I knew what they were searching -- you know, I knew they were looking for something participating (SIC) to Haleigh, but I didn`t really know what.
(Above: This would have been Tuesday morning, April 13 - the day of the official search by LE)

HOLLARS: I was the one that called you and told you that.

SYKES: Yes, she did. Ms. Hollars called me and told me -- she certainly did -- that she had called down here and told them what Tommy had told her. And Teresa and I went and -- over to that area and walked around all afternoon and looked in the woods over there. But of course, we didn`t find anything. (This would have had to have occurred on Monday afternoon, April 12 , not Tuesday afternoon, April 13, as LE were there conducting their search at that time + see the last part of Gma Syke's comment below)

GRACE: Everyone, we are going to break...

SYKES: And then the next morning... (Gma Sykes is referring here to Tuesday morning again, April 13, the day that LE began their search which would forbid any non-LE personnel to enter the area)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

From WESH.com;
(BBM)

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy called family members on Tuesday to tell them about the search. (Confirms that Gma Hollar's call/tip to Gma Sykes was what sent her and TN rushing off to the SJR area)

http://www.wesh.com/news/23148823/detail.html

IMO...
Why would GGma Sykes and Gma Neves search the wooded area near the St. John River all afternoon, the day before LE began their search? Didn't they realize that any claims of finding evidence would be deemed seriously questionable (chain of custody...)? Of course they did! Which raises my GGma Sykes & TN suspicious behavior meter even more. Actually it may have gone off the charts on this latest...

PLEASE NOTE THE UPDATED/CORRECTED DATES!! THANK YOU GRANDMAJ ((((HUGS))))

I wondered why AS showed up at the Mondex search, as well. How does she always seem to know when there's going to be a search for HaLeigh's remains and/or items of interest in the case? Seems to me that someone is always on top of things and giving AS this information. jmo

Kimster wasn't sure were to post or discuss this - if inappropriate, please delete or redirect. Thanks!

Gma Sykes admits on NG (4/22/2010) that her and TN both, after being tipped off by Gma Hollar, went to the St. John river, the area where LE conducted their latest search, searched the woods near the river "all afternoon" - But what afternoon? From what I can tell, piecing together the timeline of events leading up to this latest search at the SJR, GGma Sykes and Gma Neves' "all afternoon" search would have taken place on Monday, April 19, the day before LE began their official search on Tuesday, April 20. We know that Gma Hollar spoke with both Tommy and Misty on Sunday, April 18th, so her call to Gma Sykes would have taken place following those conversations that day and before Monday afternoon, April 19th based on the following...

NGS Transcript;
(Bold & Red Text by Me)

GRACE: Ms. Sykes, what do you think of them searching -- the police searching the St. John`s River?

SYKES: Well, evidently, they had some tip. Somebody called them. And they were down there searching. And I went down there early that morning and didn`t -- you know, they wouldn`t tell me anything. And I wasn`t -- I knew what they were searching -- you know, I knew they were looking for something participating (SIC) to Haleigh, but I didn`t really know what.
(Above: This would have been Tuesday morning, April 20 - the day of the official search by LE)

SYKES: Yes, she did. Ms. Hollars called me and told me -- she certainly did -- that she had called down here and told them what Tommy had told her. And Teresa and I went and -- over to that area and walked around all afternoon and looked in the woods over there. But of course, we didn`t find anything. (This would have had to have occurred on Monday afternoon, April 19 , not Tuesday afternoon, April 20, as LE were there conducting their search at that time + see the last part of Gma Syke's comment below)

SYKES: And then the next morning... (Gma Sykes is referring here to Tuesday morning again, April 20, the day that LE began their search which would forbid any non-LE personnel to enter the area)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

From WESH.com;
(BBM)

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy called family members on Tuesday to tell them about the search. (Confirms that Gma Hollar's call/tip to Gma Sykes was what sent her and TN rushing off to the SJR area)

IMO...
Why would GGma Sykes and Gma Neves search the wooded area near the St. John River all afternoon, the day before LE began their search? Didn't they realize that any claims of finding evidence would be deemed seriously questionable (chain of custody...)? Of course they did! Which raises my GGma Sykes & TN suspicious behavior meter even more. Actually it may have gone off the charts on this latest...

Had they been told that LE was going to search? Or had they just gotten Hollars call about what TC and MC had said?

I wanted to discuss AS's statement, but didn't know where to do it, sooo thanks for posting this. :) I was wondering if her admission would be considered as tampering with a crime scene? Why not let LE do their job? What would AS & TN have done had they found something? AS sure has been adamant about not believing Haleigh is deceased without proof ( I can understand that).. but it does make ya wonder if that's because of her love for Haleigh... or her fear that with 'proof', the guilty can quickly be convicted....

Didn't the PI say he found something that would solve the case? What did he find? Where did he find it? Was he with TN and GGS?

I think the search was Tuesday the 13th not this week , It was one week ago.

Didn't the PI say he found something that would solve the case? What did he find? Where did he find it? Was he with TN and GGS?

We haven't heard anything more from or about the PI. Where did he go?

But of course, we didn`t find anything.

That statement bothers me. I mean why does she say that? We go and search all afternoon and of course we knew we would find nothing?

Why does she add that "but of course" is it to put down the tip to search the area?

I understand how the relatives of missing persons might feel the need to do something, anything, and rational reasons why not might not register.

If they hid any evidence or inserted any evidence I expect they wouldn't call attention on it on television.

I wondered why AS showed up at the Mondex search, as well. How does she always seem to know when there's going to be a search for HaLeigh's remains and/or items of interest in the case? Seems to me that someone is always on top of things and giving AS this information. jmo

Well, this last time, at the river, it was Hollars that called her and told her.
Wonder how Hollars knew?

We haven't heard anything more from or about the PI. Where did he go?

Good question LOL. Maybe he had to slink away quietly since nothing was found? I certainly hope that he wasn't LE's only source.

I would be out there searching too if my grand baby or ggb were missing. But that search would have began day one, NOT after I received a tip from Grandma Hollar.... a year later.

JMO
wm

But of course, we didn`t find anything.

That statement bothers me. I mean why does she say that? We go and search all afternoon and of course we knew we would find nothing?

Why does she add that "but of course" is it to put down the tip to search the area?

The Mondex search - she also said that LE wouldn't find Haleigh there.

Just saying - this seems to be par for the course for TN and GGMa Sykes, nothing unusual.

I've wondered that too BetteDavisEyes, especially in light of LE's failure to find anything of evidentiary value to this case, after going to the trouble of using divers, personnel walking in a grid-like formation in order to feel the bottom with their feet, along with the time and expense of draining the pond... I've always felt, for them to go to all of that trouble, they had to have had a credible tip/lead but somebody else got there before them... JMHO ~

Well, this last time, at the river, it was Hollars that called her and told her...Wonder how Hollars knew?

BBM: I doubt that AS would have admitted how she knew about the search until FH mentioned calling her with the tip. jmo

~ BUMPING THIS - DATES HAVE BEEN CORRECTED ~

Originally Posted by nomoresorrow;

Gma Sykes admits on NG (4/22/2010) that her and TN both, after being tipped off by Gma Hollar, went to the St. John river, the area where LE conducted their latest search, searched the woods near the river "all afternoon" - But what afternoon? From what I can tell, piecing together the timeline of events leading up to this latest search at the SJR, GGma Sykes and Gma Neves' "all afternoon" search would have taken place on Monday, April 12, the day before LE began their official search on Tuesday, April 13. We know that Gma Hollar spoke with both Tommy and Misty on Sunday, April 11th, so her call to Gma Sykes would have taken place following those conversations that day and before Monday afternoon, April 12th based on the following...

NGS Transcript;
(Bold & Red Text by Me)

(Above: This would have been Tuesday morning, April 13 the day of the official search by LE)

SYKES: Yes, she did. Ms. Hollars called me and told me -- she certainly did -- that she had called down here and told them what Tommy had told her. And Teresa and I went and -- over to that area and walked around all afternoon and looked in the woods over there. But of course, we didn`t find anything. (This would have had to have occurred on Monday afternoon, April 12 , not Tuesday afternoon, April 13, as LE were there conducting their search at that time + see the last part of Gma Syke's comment below)

SYKES: And then the next morning... (Gma Sykes is referring here to Tuesday morning again, April 13, the day that LE began their search which would forbid any non-LE personnel to enter the area)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../22/ng.01.html

From WESH.com;
(BBM)

IMO...

Thanks for watching my back Grandmaj! ((((HUGS))))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back