Dog leads responders to burning shop & injured master , AK

noZme

Reaction score
A real "What's wrong Lassie, did Timmy fall in the welll?" story.

Troopers say Buddy, a german sheppard, and his owner, 23-year-old Ben Heinrichs, were in the family workshop on the Caswell Lakes property when a heater ignited chemicals.

Heinrichs sustained minor flash burns on his face, dashed out as the fire grew. He then told Buddy "we need to get help."

The dog took off and eventually found a trooper responding to a call about the fire. Buddy led the officer through winding back roads to the house and the trooper guided firefighters to the scene.

short video:
Hero Dog Leads Police to Fire - CBS News Video

longer version:
http://blogs.chron.com/apetschronicle/2010/04/dog_hero_leads_troopers_to_fir.html

GOOD DOG!

AMAZING!!!!

I saw this on a morning show! What a HERO dog!!!

What a great buddy! IIRC, when the Trooper responded he was completely lost, his GPS had failed and dispatch was not able to help....then he saw Buddy on the road barking. I heard that Troopers presented Buddy with an engraved silver dog dish.

I saw this video this afternoon ~ Pretty amazing dog, and, one very lucky owner ~!

What is amazing is that the trooper seemed to not hesitate AT ALL, and just followed the dog!!! Good dog, and astute trooper :)

I love stories like this. This should go under the 'news that makes you smile'. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back