GUILTY MN - William Melchert-Dinkel for goading people to commit suicide, Faribault, 2010

Snoopster

Reaction score
Since he was a nurse, I'm very suspicous of what he may have done with patients also.

VB

on the "difficult to charge b/c freedom of speech"...well...do nurses take the hippocratic oath? not sure. but i think he is somehow abusing his medical profession and i think, imo, that is grounds for prosecution. you are not given liscense for this type of advisement...

So nice that this has moved on with his life "and that's it". What a crock. I just can't get into the mindset of someone who would find encouraging people to kill themselves "a thrill". And, I'm sorry, but did you see his picture? What a pissant.

Since he was a nurse, I'm very suspicous of what he may have done with patients also.

VB

It was probably pretty bad. I think the article said he was stripped of his nursing license a couple of years back for being neglectful and rough with his patients. A real nice guy.

September 2014:

A judge found there was significant evidence William Melchert-Dinkel assisted depressed Mark Drybrough in his July 2005 death in Coventry even though he had not provided physical assistance.

He was first convicted three years ago, but the Minnesota Supreme Court threw out the convictions earlier this year after ruling that parts of state law making it a crime to encourage or advise a suicide were unconstitutional.

Minneapolis Judge Thomas Neuville also found the 52-year-old had tried to help 18-year-old Canadian Nadia Kajouji, with a suicide, though his instruction on how to hang herself was not a direct cause of her 2008 death.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ex-nurse-who-encouraged-people-online-4192470

Oct 2014:

William Melchert-Dinkel, 52, was sentenced to three years in prison in the deaths of an English man and a Canadian woman, but he won’t have to serve the prison term if he complies with conditions of his probation that include the jail time. Melchert-Dinkel must report to jail on Oct. 24.

“I am sorry ... for my actions and what I have done,” Melchert-Dinkel said in court before he was sentenced. “I have repented.

...he posed as a female nurse, feigned compassion and offered step-by-step instructions on how they could kill themselves. Court records show Melchert-Dinkel told police he did it for the “thrill of the chase.”

William Melchert-Dinkel, suicide fetishist
encouraging-suicides.jpg
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...ail-convincing-people-lives-article-1.1975842

December 2015:

An appeals court on Monday affirmed the conviction of a Minnesota man for assisting the suicide of a British man, but reversed his conviction for attempting to assist a Canadian woman’s suicide...

It said there wasn’t enough evidence to convict the ex-nurse of the lesser offense of attempting to assist the 2008 suicide of Nadia Kajouji, 18, of Brampton, Ontario...

The case has been the subject of a long legal fight that narrowed Minnesota’s law against assisting suicides. The Minnesota Supreme Court reversed Melchert-Dinkel’s original convictions last year. The justices declared that a state law banning someone from “encouraging” or “advising” suicide was unconstitutional, but upheld part of the law making it a crime to “assist” in a suicide.

Melchert-Dinkel’s attorney, Terry Watkins, said they plan yet another appeal to the state Supreme Court.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/12/28/court-affirms-minn-mans-assisting-suicide-conviction/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back