George & Cindy Allegedly Replaced Their Washing Machine

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
This is not new (i.e. 2010) information. However, I see this subject popping up in other threads and I was surprised that we didn't have a thread devoted to it for reference.

IIRC, LP alleged on NG show that G&C purchased a new washing machine not too long after Casey was arrested. Also, IIRC, it was suggested that before/after images of G&C's garage support the claim that they did replace their washing machine.

So...other members more conversant on the details, please bring them here for reference.

:twocents: I realize the implication that that replacing the washing machine might've been done to eliminate any forensic evidence it might've held. Still :waitasec: since Cindy already claimed that she washed Casey's pants (per her statement to LE) it might've been a moot point anyway.

I remember noticing the switch before Leonard Padilla mentioned it on Nancy Grace.

It was during the time that the FOX WebCam was out in front of the house 24/7.

The day that I noticed it, either George or Cindy was walking back into the garage after a fight, and, their was a tv crew there that "followed" them, or, panned in for the close up of them going back into the house via the garage.

At that time, I thought that it was no longer a matching set, the washer being the first one that looked differant to me.
Then, shortly after that, they both matched again.

Intially, the washing machine top back, where the controls and setting were, seemed to be of a differant height, not matching level with the dryer at that time.

can we document this with pictures and/or set a time frame to determine relevance?

Bringing my post over from Vacuum Thread last night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../22/ng.01.html

Speaking of the new washer/dryer:

Snipped:

GRACE: To bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who actually has searched for little Caylee. Leonard, what do you make of this link, which looks to be a direct link between the trash bag at the home and the trash bag used - - excuse me, the trash bag containing the skeleton of little Caylee and the bags used at the home?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: It`s pretty direct. And I`ll tell you something else that kind of surprised me. When we were there, the garbage bags had red ties. However, we understood that the ties were yellow prior to us being there and the bag that they found had a yellow tie. And also, if you look at the washer and dryers in the television films that were taken, before we were there, they were one color, and after we arrived, it seemed as though they were different.

If the trunk liner was removable to allow access to the spare tire/wheel well? Then it is entirely possible, and even probable, that since Cindy was busily washing THINGS, like the pants, one of the things that got washed could well have been the trunk liner. I would think this would account somewhat for the minimal number of hairs that were found in the trunk? Perhaps they/she thought the smell would be removed if washed, but too suspicious to replace THAT entirely.

With George's LE experience, heck, she may have done it without his knowledge and when he found out he realized they had to get another washer because all that potential evidence might be trapped there in the one she used. Maybe there were some other things that might have contained evidence processed through that washer...It is odd timing to say the least.

BUT having had it happen to me, I know a washer can go out at any time, and it doesn't care what you have going on. lol :)

Didn't the trunk liner have a partical board backing that the carpet like material was attached to? From the pics that is what it looks like. I don't think that could be shoved in a washing maching but it could certainly be steam cleaned at a car wash place. JMO. I could be wrong but this is how I recall it being...off to look for the pics.

How did they get a new washer/dryer delivered with all of the media around during that time? No one notice the delivery ban? If they DID get new ones, they went through a lot of trouble sneaking it in the house.

How did they get a new washer/dryer delivered with all of the media around during that time? No one notice the delivery ban? If they DID get new ones, they went through a lot of trouble sneaking it in the house.

When did the webcam go up at the house? I don't think it was right away, could it have happened before there was a strong media presence and webcam?

Maybe that's why they seemed to replace one at a time. They could only fit one at a time in the back of their SUV. Once they were in the garage with the door closed, nobody would know.

hmmm, interesting to say the least.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2570266&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Fox Orlando Mobile Web Cam[/ame]

I went back and checked the 1st thread for the webcam, looks like it wasn't up until August, unlesss I have missed another thread.

That's what I'm wondering. Also, didn't Padilla make a comment about a new washer or dryer being seen while he was there? I thought his people were parked outside the Anthony home for awhile. How did the delivery get past his crew?:waitasec:

Vacuum replacements being discussed on the vacuum forensics thread (please). :)

Warms my heart to see some bona fide sleuthin' goin on :thumb:

FWIW, you may wanna check the Anthony House Plans thread. IIRC, Hercule Poirot et al did a lot of work on the garage and incl some images too.

Warms my heart to see some bona fide sleuthin' goin on :thumb:

FWIW, you may wanna check the Anthony House Plans thread. IIRC, Hercule Poirot et al did a lot of work on the garage and incl some images too.

I've been all over the home thread and picture threads. But I can't find that one picture that show a mismatched washer and dryer! I know i'm not dreaming about this. (my mind feels numb from searching) LOL

ETA- I know they had search warrants early august 2008, and i'm guessing they took pictures inside the anthony house early in the investigation. And then they took more pictures in december 2008. I've seen the december pictures, but have yet to locate the earlier ones. Any idea where they would be found?

Maybe that's why they seemed to replace one at a time. They could only fit one at a time in the back of their SUV. Once they were in the garage with the door closed, nobody would know.

hmmm, interesting to say the least.
So is that also how they hauled the old ones away? One at at time in the back of the SUV and if so where did they haul it to? Hmmm...something very suspicious about all the secrecy and sneakiness of switching these out...

First - thank you for taking the time to do all the searching.

Second - maybe someone will see your post here this weekend and be able to help.

If not, you can also post on the q&a thread and point people here.

I've been all over the home thread and picture threads. But I can't find that one picture that show a mismatched washer and dryer! I know i'm not dreaming about this. (my mind feels numb from searching) LOL

ETA- I know they had search warrants early august 2008, and i'm guessing they took pictures inside the anthony house early in the investigation. And then they took more pictures in december 2008. I've seen the december pictures, but have yet to locate the earlier ones. Any idea where they would be found?

I'm not dreaming either, I saw it and thought it must have been common knowledge or I would have copied it to here.
It must not be in the usual doc storage places, I have searched too.
It will pop up somewhere!

Finding the date of that particular NG show would be a start at putting a bookend date on things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back