Outbreak of Severe Thunderstorms And Strong Tornadoes Expected Today

Dark Knight

Reaction score
day1otlk_1630.gif

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED OVER PARTS OF THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI
RIVER VALLEY...MID SOUTH AND TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY TODAY...

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER IN NORMAN OK IS FORECASTING THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A FEW STRONG...LONG-TRACK TORNADOES OVER PARTS OF THE
LOWER MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY...MID SOUTH AND TENNESSEE RIVER
VALLEY TODAY.

THE AREAS MOST LIKELY TO EXPERIENCE THIS ACTIVITY INCLUDE

ALABAMA
ARKANSAS
LOUISIANA
MISSISSIPPI
TENNESSEE

ELSEWHERE...SEVERE STORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE FROM...THE NORTHERN GULF
COAST NORTHWARD INTO THE LOWER MISSOURI VALLEY AND MIDDLE
MISSISSIPPI VALLEYS EASTWARD INTO THE OHIO VALLEY AND SOUTHERN
APPALACHIANS.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

Mother nature can be wicked, I think GOD is trying to tell us something. IMO
Just missed us so far, just sprinkles of rain so far in Pittsburgh area.

It's suppose to hit us later on tonight. A couple of years ago we had a F-0 hit the dairy queen downtown and cause minimal damage, that same system went on to pulverize downtown Atlanta. We were fortunate that day to get only hail and wind. This system looks the same. I've got the animals in their cages, watching the sky and waiting for the sirens to go off.

It's pouring here in Birmingham and moving through Ms. heading our way. Stay safe there in Ga.! My mind is on all those people in Talladega...out there in RVs...I hope they are getting to a safe place before this evening.

May God be with all of the victims so far, and those yet to be hit.

I'd suggest bookmarking the Storm Prediction Center website. Basically if they have you in a HIGH risk for severe storms, you are almost guaranteed to get hit, or at least the geographical area is, I should say.

I can deal with hurricanes, cuz we know they're coming and we evacuate, but I'm scared to death of tornadoes. I'm right outside of P'Cola and we're under a tornado watch until tonight. I told my 4 DS and reminded them of what our safe room is (the master bath -- at least there's a toilet there!).

Is there a war going on that I don't know about because it sounds like they're dropping 5 ton bombs outside? The house shakes every time it thunders.This reminds me of Orlando. I'm watching Mississippi, there is a state of emergency, in 17 counties. Now at 9 fatalities. Everybody stay safe.

I live in Alabama and the news been running all day, we still have 3 counties currently under tornado warnings, they keep saying things are looking better so hopefully it will be over soon.We had some pretty bad flooding around where I live but all in all it wasn't to bad. Prayers for those who lost thier lives in Miss. and their families.

I live in Alabama and the news been running all day, we still have 3 counties currently under tornado warnings, they keep saying things are looking better so hopefully it will be over soon.We had some pretty bad flooding around where I live but all in all it wasn't to bad. Prayers for those who lost thier lives in Miss. and their families.

We are lucky that we're 1,000 ft. up whoever designed the drainage system around here was a really good engineer . Every other yard has a cement drain in the back yard and it runs off into a canal. In front of everyone's house in the street is another drain runoff. We have a street cleaner who comes once a month, so there is no back ups. It looks like the worst of the storm system is over here also, just one more squall line and then it looks clear. When I look at some of the homes in Miss. I feel so bad for those people. Prayers for the dead and their families, and prayers to the ones who lost their homes and businesses. I hope everyone steps up and starts helping with donations or clothes or whatever they need. Does anyone know if they've set up a legitimate bank account or somewhere we can donate? It better be over or my poor dogs are going to have to use the toilet in the bathroom.

I would like to dedicate this to those who lost their lives today.
----------------
Now playing: Elton John - Candle in the Wind
via FoxyTunes

Shoot just read tornado warnings until 3 a.m. for parts of Georgia. Well gotta walk the dogs they both are crossing their legs and eyes.

I am worried about Missie (Deanna Merryfield's sister). She lives in that area, and I have not seen her on FB!

We have had ugly weather all day here. Sort of between Macon and Griffin. It sounds to be about over now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back