Identified! ID - Bonneville Co., Skeletal remains in shallow grave, Apr'10 - Stephanie Eldredge

It would be good for her family if she has been found, its so sad. But I hope if its not her other families would get closure as well. Stephanie Eldredge just vanished while inside her home leaving her baby there all alone and Amber Hoopes 20yo also vanished from her home as well.

It is certainly within the distance he could have driven that night...

It would be about a 3 1/2 hour drive...not sure if it was snowing up in Idaho that night or not.....that could have added a little time to the trip. But either way, definitely fits in the time frame he was away.

Hopefully, whoever it is, this discovery will bring closure to a family of a missing loved one.

Well I always wondered about Idaho because of statements made from a few people who talked about them camping up there, I'll go back and see if I can find the name of the place Seemed like it had the word rock in it IIRC .

Thanks for the link. If they think it is a missing person from 3 years ago, IMO it would not be badly decomposed, it would be a skeleton for crying out loud...

IMO If Susan was found about now her body would be badly decomposing, her body would have been frozen for months and would have recently started decomp from spring... I am sorry to be so graphic. Moo of course

ETA: This article states skeletal remains, so perhaps it isn't Susan, they shouldn't write badly decomposed if it is a skeleton, that kinda stuff just drives me nuts

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10536695

Powell investigators contact Idaho officials about remains found near Idaho Falls
Staff and Wire reports

Updated: 04/26/2010 10:51:35 AM MDT

SNIP__________________________________________________________________

We're just in contact with them, letting them know about our case," McLachlan said of West Valley City police's communication with Idaho authorities.

Grimes says the Idaho State Police Crime Lab will try to make an identification of the remains in a process that will take at least two weeks and possibly two months.

Grimes tells the Post Register that police are fairly sure the remains are of a female, but not certain. He says suspicious evidence at the scene prompted the investigation, but suicide can't be ruled out

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14957199

We're just in contact with them, letting them know about our case," McLachlan said of West Valley City police's communication with Idaho authorities.

Grimes says the Idaho State Police Crime Lab will try to make an identification of the remains in a process that will take at least two weeks and possibly two months.

Hmm, Ralph Powell will be making that determination?

Examiner.com articles:

Sunday:

Could human remains found in Idaho, believed to be a woman, be those of Susan Cox Powell?

April 25, 2010 - Human remains believed to be those of a woman were found in Idaho Friday and have been taken in for testing. It could take two weeks to two months for the remains to be identified... click here for article.

Monday:

West Valley & Idaho Falls Police says remains found in Idaho not likely those of Susan Cox Powell

April 26, 2010 - Examiner.com reported Sunday that skeletal remains found in Idaho Friday were not likely those of Susan Cox Powell, based upon the condition of the remains. Examiner.com contacted both West Valley City Police and Idaho Falls Police Monday for their assessments of the remains found ... click here for article

I know the area well they found the body in Josh would have almost had to been there before to get there and the body was not hidden, he would have passed millions of spots better then this to dump a body.

Susan being discussed on NG now.
I'm watching! But I also just read the other posts here where LE doesn't seem to believe the remains are Susan. Nancy's discussion hasn't mentioned that so far. They're also saying though that dental exam could identify remains within hours. :waitasec:

I'm getting chills up my back. I think it could be Susan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back