GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Here's a new thread for all of you. Praying that Joe's murderer will be found, caught and sentenced soon.

Salem

Thread 1

wfgodot's last post

A must-read article on OSBI's claims
OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker
---
The list of Oklahoma's unsolved homicides is lengthy. Pastor Carol Daniels was murdered in an Anadarko church. Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were gunned down in Weleetka. The Denneys were shot to death in their Locust Grove home. Poteau bar owner Joe Neff was found dead near Pocola. Sam Sanders was killed in Fairland, his wife badly beaten. Three young girl scouts were murdered at camp in 1977 and the list goes on. All of those cases were investigated by the OSBI. All of them are unsolved.
---
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379331

Here's a new thread for all of you. Praying that Joe's murderer will be found, caught and sentenced soon.

Salem

Thread 1

wfgodot's last post

OSBI claims an above 80% success rate of solving homicides in the state....what an absolute joke....and that's exactly what I stated to the director in my email to him.

MMD.....have the OSBI still not interviewed you in the past year since your dad was murdered?

No I have not been interviewed yet. I am not holding my breath after reading the article. Apparently we are not the only family.... Am I the only one that finds this statement offensive? (this is from the woman that is defending OSBI)

Jessica Brown with the OSBI was quick to defend the agency.

"We had our people working 18 hour days, continuously, 7 days a week through ice storms. We should be getting accolades for doing as much as we did," said Brown.
Well forgive me Jessica Brown if I do not feel like it! While you are busy requesting "accolades for doing what you did" All I see is my dads grave. Remember that this job is the one you chose. If it is unpleasant or you are incapable please by all means leave the position to someone who may care. So if your dad ever gets murdered and it remains UNSOLVED FOR ALMOST A YEAR, THEN you can come and tell me what kind of praise you think that the OSBI or any law enforcement needs or deserves. Thank you very much.
If anyone knows her by all means send it her way I intend to send her some of my thoughts anyway... This makes me wanna scream AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Okay much better. Thank you everyone...

You tell 'em, MMD! You are right to be angry. You have been treated very poorly. I would be interested in their excuse for not having even interviewed the victim's daughter over the course of an entire year. Unacceptable.

Jessica is definitely in the wrong line of work (IMO), but then again, I think the entire OSBI needs to be cleaned out from top to bottom. I would really like to know what these people do all day to earn their paychecks because they sure as hell are not solving murders.

I have never heard of such shoddy police work in my life, but I know I'm beating a dead horse.....this still just makes my blood boil and no, I will not let it go.

For missingmydad:
In light of that article which is very depressing, it seems to me that you might find an advocate in Richard Morrissette.
Here is his official website:
http://www.okhouse.gov/Committees/Member.aspx?MemberID=101

I would contact him and see if he and his staff can give you further help in solving the case of your murdered father.

Better yet....why don't we all send a quick email to Mr. Morrissette on Joe's and MMD's behalf and basically beg, grovel, whatever it takes....to get some action. If everyone who reads here would just take 5 minutes to do this I really feel that we could get something done here.

EVERYONE PLEASE HELP!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Thank you for the idea i b Nora...it's a great one and I don't think it will go unnoticed if we all get involved.

I sent my email to Mr. Morrissette...let's hope it helps....

here is his email addy

mailto:richardmorrissette@okhouse.gov

You know Blondie, Tricia and Websleuths don't approve of people here banding together on projects without her approval, so be cautious about that.

But, further, I personally don't think a slew of emails or an email campaign is an appropriate way to go. What I do think is that missingmydad has some other possible avenues that she could explore, and if she were to contact a friendly Oklahoma State representative, she might get some help. I also wonder if the $10,000 reward her familly is offering might be better spent on a Private Investigator?

I also think she might want to personally contact and connect with the writer of that article.

Maybe the writer of the article can help her get some TV coverage.

Maybe she could start her own blog to put all the facts in one place and chronicle the progress of the case. Maybe do and include some further research on the OSBI? Its the citizens of the State of Oklahoma that will make the difference, and maybe she can rally them to improve the OSBI.

But, I just don't really feel comfortable inserting myself in what amounts to matters of the State of Oklahoma.

Point taken. Maybe I am just frustrated....no, I know I am!!

I agree with what you say on just about every level and certainly want to see something happen here, without a doubt....some progress definitely.

As far as Websleuths goes, I have had discussions with Tricia regarding email campaigns we have all banded together on and she was really proud of all of the media coverage we were able to attain for Sarah Rogers when she went missing. That was all solicited singuarly on this site with her blessing so I know there was no problem there. I do know that she asks that we don't reference Websleuths in the emails or letters.

I do appreciate your idea of MMD contacting Mr. Morrissette as he does seem like he would be a good condidate to help out. I surely hope so because someone at the state level really needs to do something!

We in Oklahoma do appreciate everything that can be done: the unsolved murder of a citizen of this country is a matter of concern for everyone.

One of the many things I appreciate about WS is that it allows a public forum for the cases unsolved here in OK, cases which, many of us feel, will continue to languish without interest prompted by the devoted posters on these threads. All rules and regulations must, of course, be followed, but those from out of state may not be able to fathom the true dilemma Oklahomans have faced for many years regarding the baffling lack of consistency evidenced by authorities employed to solve cases like this one.

... those from out of state may not be able to fathom the true dilemma Oklahomans have faced for many years regarding the baffling lack of consistency evidenced by authorities employed to solve cases like this one.
You are right about that. I think the article hints at that. So, whats the answer to the dilemma?
I have been researching the OSBI a little bit, and looking at the government structure of Oklahoma. It seems that the OSBI is overseen by some board of people that meet a few times a year. It is unknown what they do or accomplish. There is a meeting coming up on May 18th, maybe a letter to the full Commission, or to the individual Commissioners? (With a copy to the writer of the news article?) They are appointed for seven year terms and it appears that some have served more than one term. So, maybe they are part of the problem?
The current board, I have noticed, is all white males, with one white female. Just an observation. Is Oklahoma all white?

Based on that one article alone, it does seem that the OSBI is not exactly performing up to the standards that one would or should expect. And, it appears that their spokeswoman is trying to cover up for their inadequacies. But I have no way to prove that, and can only encourage the citizens to try to change it. Make it better!

And, it would be nice if they could solve the cases outlined in the article, including missingmydad's fathers case.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Administration/OSBI_Commission/

Maybe this man might be part of the problem?:

Dr. A. DeWADE LANGLEY
Director
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations

"DeWade Langley is the Director of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, a position he has held since 1995, longer than any director in the history of the agency."

Isn't that the time period that the article talks about regarding unsolved crimes? I dunno. Just a thought.

Very interesting observation, i.b.nora. Nice catch.

thank you I saved all the email addresses, that is what I will be doing tomorrow. I am going to forward that information along about the meeting in May. I may just have to show up and let them know how I feel about things.
I am planning a candlelight vigil for my dad on the 1 yr May 14th at the bar parking lot, from 8-9pm, we have also established a facebook page, In Memory of Joe Neff, there were 6 people joined a week ago, now its close to 500. There are pictures and stories about him already.

MMD, sending prayers to you and your family. Don't give up - we're here to support you.

Love and hugs,

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni