UT - Woman Brutaly Raped/Beaten~ Fired From Job

Vegas Bride

Reaction score
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...t-in-brutal-Davis/Z5bYz86IDEqv3dcDxJvxYA.cspx

This poor woman was very badly beated and raped by an ex-boyfriend,
I can imagine anybody who goes through this experience would need some time off from work. Well her job fired her because of needing to recover :furious:
She worked at a Maverik convenience store. The manager when contacted by the paper refused to comment, no surprise there.
She did not want to be identified in the paper so it wasn't mentioned, but then they quote her sister and give her sisters name :banghead:
The only good news is that they did finally catch the , oh he was found at his new girlfriends home!

VB

wow what a jerk (the boss i mean!).

isnt there some kind of law against that?

edit; she does say 'i realize they do have reasons to fire me' which means she wasnt on firm ground at the job. but still.......they picked a hell of a time and reason.

She can receive reparations, grants and financial assistance via:
http://www.crimevictim.utah.gov/

Unfortunately for her, she qualifies for a number of grants because of the assault, sexual assault and the violence against her because she is a woman.

Here's hoping the DA's office points her in this direction post haste and that they do not set bail for this guy.

Some jerks have no sympathy! Grrrrr. A similar situation happened to me when I was threatened with a sort of demotion for taking time off to go to doctor's appointments, court, etc., etc., after being beaten. Talk about salt on the wound! I hope she gets all the help she can from Victim Services.

Somebody should post this to NG or Jane may even be better ... I just can't believe after all she had been through they fired her ......

and the irony is she herself said there were actual reasons to fire her.

and yet the company isnt even defending itself or denying

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back