GUILTY FL - Jennifer Ling-Henry, 43, found decapitated, Jacksonville, 24 April 2010

Riddinx

Former Member
Reaction score
Son arrested for decapitating his mother
Last Update: 12:57 pm

Story.jpg

Jumar Henry

Story.jpg

JACKSONVILLE, Fla -- Patrol officers with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office have arrested Jumar D. Henry, 21, for the murder of his mother.

Jennifer Renee Henry Ling, 43, was found decapitated Sunday, according to her neighbors.

JSO said they were dispatched to Ling's home at 1561 6th Street West late Sunday afternoon. Shortly after arriving on scene, the officers were informed of another call which lead them to the head of the victim in a bag a few blocks away from the victim's home.

According to a release from JSO, witnesses at the scene reported Jumar Henry came to their home late Saturday night carrying a black plastic bag and acting suspicious. The witnesses say Jumar walked to the back of their property with the bag and returned moments later without the bag.

Officers believe that same bag contained Henry's mother's decapitated head.

On Sunday, officers reported Henry attended a local church and some of it's members notified police. When police arrived, they noticed the suspect had blood on and under his fingernails. He also had visible injuries to his head. At that point, Henry was taken to teh police station to be interviewed.

While at the police station, officers reported Henry attempted to leave after being told to remain at the station. Henry attempted to force his way out of the station, according to the release. The scuffle that followed lead to the arrest of Henry on battery on a law enforcement officer.

Henry remains behind bars.

http://www.fox30jax.com/mostpopular...tating-his-mother/3OjmJPqSyk-FmX8YteKcfA.cspx

Jumar Henry aged 21 has been arrested for the murder of his mother Jennifer Henry Ling.

People at a Church called police when Jumar Henry turned up with blood on him. Henry was seen by friends carrying a plastic bag around out back of their house and he seemed as if something was wrong.

Police found his mother's headless body at her home and the bag had been found left on the street.

It's not at my link here, but he was in court today. Family members were there. This kid used a butcher knife. What?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/26/1598918/son-of-decapitated-woman-arrested.html

Good Grief that's horrible! May that poor woman rest in peace!

Good Grief that's horrible! May that poor woman rest in peace!

I'm thinking what in the world was going on he could do this to his mother? People get mad. They snap. Sometimes they murder. You cut your mom's head off?

I'm thinking what in the world was going on he could do this to his mother? People get mad. They snap. Sometimes they murder. You cut your mom's head off?

I know! Words escape me! Wonder if he was jacked up on drugs or something?

Just was looking this up after BuffetOFlies gave an update on a similar case.

Jumar Henry has not been to trial yet of course, but I found an article that people from his Church were praying for him.

Here someone was trying to FB to get people to help in some way.

http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=113114875391953#!/topic.php?uid=113114875391953&topic=48

Honestly I mean you seriously have to be sick to do this and to your own mom.

Prayers for all involved in such a horrible crime.

Filly, crimes like this are almost always caused by someone with schizophrenia off their meds (and possibly self medicating with illicit drugs that can exacerbate symptoms) or by someone experiencing a psychotic break. He's 21, the prime age for the onset of psychosis.

These are heart-wrenching crimes as I honestly do NOT believe down to my toes that the person would have committed this crime without their brain chemistry going haywire. This woman has now passed and is at peace. This man, however, will have to live with this horror for the rest of his days. He may never understand what caused him to do this. I wouldn't doubt for a second that he's crying for his mother right now. We've seen that so many times.

On mydeathspace, I noticed a comment and a photo of a deep bruise or abrasion on Jumar's head in his mugshot which was described as being there before police arrested him. His father said that Jumar said that men had beaten him the night before. Then Jumar showed up with blood on him at church the next morning. That's when police were called. My guess is that the mother put up a fight. Jumar also battled with police when he was arrested and had additional charges filed.

My prayers to that entire family. It seems that many of them care deeply for Jumar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!
Back